5.0 out of 5 stars Charges With Case On - Exactly What I Wanted
Published on September 13, 2012 by SunnyD

3.0 out of 5 stars Phillips Docking Station
Published on April 21, 2012 by Lorri2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Charges With Case On - Exactly What I Wanted, September 13, 2012
SunnyD (Phoenix, AZ USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philips AD300/37 Docking Speaker (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
I bought this particular speaker because it doesn't have a "pocket" that the device rests in while it charges. That makes it so you can charge iPhones, iPods and even iPads even with a case or cover on. It works beautifully for all our devices and it's so convenient for all members of our family to just set it on to charge up any time. I keep this speaker in the kitchen so I can listen to music and podcasts while I'm busy in there, but the music often attracts the kids or my husband, and we have a good time being together - listening, dancing, cleaning, whatever. The sound is clear and loud. The bass sounds a little stuffy, but I wasn't going for high-end audio quality with this. It was 100 percent worth the money, and I would buy another one. Also, my clock does not display military time. It shows regular 12 hour format.

5.0 out of 5 stars SO worth it!, June 14, 2012
When I read other customers negative reviews about this product it kind of scared me away from buying it, but I am SO glad I did! I read other peoples complaints about the clock only showing military time, but mine shows 12 hour. When you place your phone on the dock, it syncs with the clock on your phone...the clock on the speaker dock reads whatever the time on your phone is. It plays my music loud and clear and charges my iPhone at the same time! Absolutely LOVE this product and it was SUCH a fantastic price!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Phillips Docking Station, April 21, 2012
If you buy the Phillips docking station in the store it'll cost over $59.00. It's sound is perfect for what I need, it's not a Bose but if you looking for a trustworthy sound system this is it. The reason I didn't buy a Bose system is because I live in a dorm and I was afraid someone would steal it, not that I want someone to steal my Phillips. It's a great sound system for the money. Compared to some of the other docking stations out there, this one is great.

5.0 out of 5 stars as much sound as a large boom box, June 11, 2014
This thing is not very big, wanted it for my kitchen/front room. Has great sound, really great sound. Sounds better than my large boom box I had. I can hear it outside my house. They are a little deep sounding which is great. Ordering another one....

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, May 13, 2014
After using this for just a short time, about one week, (playing music for my father under hospice care) the music started to sound distorted, like the volume was turned up too loud and the speaker was blown. Not so, it was only playing quietly in the background. Very disappointed in the quality and am sorry I wasted my money on this piece of junk. Save your money and buy something better. I wish I had

3.0 out of 5 stars Works with case on and charges phone faster, January 16, 2014
Wonderful! Fits with thick case on my iPhone 5. Gets a little tinny on highest volume but would never need it that high Only tested on highest volume to make sure it worked. Charges phone quicker than original apple corded charger. Wish I bought it sooner

5.0 out of 5 stars Great iPhone 5 Speakers, December 11, 2013
Excellent sound quality for my home office. Works we'll with iphone 5. I had struggled to find a unit like this that would work well with my newer iPhone model, but this has helped me finally end my search.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised., January 29, 2014
C. Jeppesen (Mountain Home AFB, ID) - See all my reviews
I needed an alarm clock/charger for my iPhone 5c. This has the lightning connector (many others on the shelf have the old connector instead). Charges phone and the speaker boosts the sound. Small clock in bottom corner auto syncs with iPhone time.

Only problem I have with it is I have to remove my protective case for the phone to dock to the connector. The lightning connector on this speaker's dock isn't long enough to connect if you have a thicker protective skin on your phone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Next thing you know, it's possessed., December 11, 2012
The thing worked great for a few months. I imagine the 5 star/happy reviews must have come during this honeymoon period, before the devil entered their equipment. The first sign of its downward spiral: I'd start to play music from my iTunes on it, my phone would claim the music was going, but nothing came out of the speakers. I thought the speakers were shot and mourned the loss of my hard earned money on a piece of crap. About fifteen minutes later, I nearly had a heart attack when the music started playing. Luckily I wasn't doing any home surgery or standing in an oil slick at the time. It still functions like this. I start playing the music, and despite all my wishes and curses at the thing, it won't be told when it should or shouldn't play music. I think it's possessed.

I don't remember if this came around the time of an update, as another reviewer mentioned. I know it hasn't been working properly since, maybe late spring or early summer. I don't remember what updates went on around that time.

It quit grabbing the time for about 2 months, and just blinked incessantly. Suddenly it now shows the time. The wrong time. I don't even know how that's possible. I don't remember if it was only military time before this, as others have complained about, but it is now. And I don't have my phone set to military time. I can subtract pretty well, so this doesn't bother me as much. But having to subtract because of military time, and the added incorrect time, now that's way too much work.

I'm not getting rid of it just yet, as it does keep the phone charged and I'm just not ready to cough up more money on a new speaker/iPhone set up just yet. Once it ceases doing that job too (which I expect will be any day now), I'll cast it down into the depths of hell from which it came. And won't be buying any more Philips products.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sounds great, but if you have iPod Touch (4th Gen.), be WARNED!, May 15, 2013
For the size and cost of this dock, it sounds really great. However, if you plan to use it with your iPod Touch (4th Gen.) running iOS 6, do not buy... it WILL NOT WORK with this dock. I have contacted Philips MANY times about the issue, they have done nothing but blame Apple. I've also contacted Apple, and of course they don't care, it's not their product and not their issue... they blame Philips. Meanwhile this dock is STILL being advertised as being compatible with iPod Touch 4th Gen.

Shame on Philips for letting this go unresolved!

Rate and Discover Movies