Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Philips AD300/37 Docking Speaker (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Style: 30-pin|Package Type: Frustration-Free Packaging|Change

on September 13, 2012
I bought this particular speaker because it doesn't have a "pocket" that the device rests in while it charges. That makes it so you can charge iPhones, iPods and even iPads even with a case or cover on. It works beautifully for all our devices and it's so convenient for all members of our family to just set it on to charge up any time. I keep this speaker in the kitchen so I can listen to music and podcasts while I'm busy in there, but the music often attracts the kids or my husband, and we have a good time being together - listening, dancing, cleaning, whatever. The sound is clear and loud. The bass sounds a little stuffy, but I wasn't going for high-end audio quality with this. It was 100 percent worth the money, and I would buy another one. Also, my clock does not display military time. It shows regular 12 hour format.
on June 14, 2012
When I read other customers negative reviews about this product it kind of scared me away from buying it, but I am SO glad I did! I read other peoples complaints about the clock only showing military time, but mine shows 12 hour. When you place your phone on the dock, it syncs with the clock on your phone...the clock on the speaker dock reads whatever the time on your phone is. It plays my music loud and clear and charges my iPhone at the same time! Absolutely LOVE this product and it was SUCH a fantastic price!!
on June 11, 2014
This thing is not very big, wanted it for my kitchen/front room. Has great sound, really great sound. Sounds better than my large boom box I had. I can hear it outside my house. They are a little deep sounding which is great. Ordering another one....
on April 21, 2012
If you buy the Phillips docking station in the store it'll cost over $59.00. It's sound is perfect for what I need, it's not a Bose but if you looking for a trustworthy sound system this is it. The reason I didn't buy a Bose system is because I live in a dorm and I was afraid someone would steal it, not that I want someone to steal my Phillips. It's a great sound system for the money. Compared to some of the other docking stations out there, this one is great.
on February 29, 2016
I spent a lot of time researching this and similar devices for my iphone 6s. I thought I had a real winner here and, for the most part, it is good. But there are a couple things I don't like about it and also feel that for the price and what it actually is, its a bit overpriced.

First the good: The sound is great. Now before you read too much into that, its not Bose-great or able to compete with a bigger more powerful stereo, but for its size (which I found smaller than I was expecting) the sound is crisp, well balanced, and there's enough punch to be able to hear the bass. The few buttons it has are fuctional.

The Bad: Not sure how much of this is the device's fault or my phone's, but every time I plug it in for the night, at some point about half an hour to an hour later, my screen comes on. Another thing that happens but not every night (maybe once a week) is that the next morning my phone will have restarted during the night. I've never had either of these issues staying connected to a long time to other devices like laptops or other chargers.
Another thing that's annoying is the lightning dock is slightly off level, so my phone sits leaning a few degrees to one side. Not enough to really worry about, but still i wonder if its putting stress on the internal connector.
It's not the easiest thing to plug my phone into this, especially in the dark. Some sort of track would have been nice although I understand why they didn't add it since they'd have to include adapters for different size phones.
At $58 which is what I paid for it I thought it was priced too high. As of this writing it is $40 which I think is a lot more reasonable
on February 7, 2015
This is a great fit for my nightstand. I am using an ipod 5th generation and this speaker as my alarm clock. My alarm wakes me up with my playlist and the sound is great for the bedroom. The speaker has a dimmable digital clock on it which syncs with the ipod's time.

UPDATE Feb 2015 - well I am mistaken. For some reason, as others have mentioned, the dock will stop playing sounds entirely. That means that I am waking up and finding that my alarm is going - but absolutely NO SOUND is coming out of that dock. So that pretty much means I can't use this dock as an alarm clock. I am sad. I really like the size and the little clock it has.
on October 27, 2015
I'm pretty inclined when it comes to audio equipment. Spent a good half hour looking for a good quality piece to replace my moms piece of junk ihome she bought for her ipod. I immediately tried it out with my music and did exactly what I expected l ( very clean mids and highs while deliverying exeptional bass.) This setup actually fills a very large living fairly decent. Does great in bedrooms and close quarters. Shes very happy with it and so is my father
on June 17, 2016
It was immediately clear that what was delivered was a re-wrap. It was open in the Amazon shipping box (no Philips packaging at all), and the instructions were printed on a copier. But it still has that "new electronics smell" and functions fine.

It doesn't really need instructions anyway. It's a very simple unit. Plug it in, set your Apple lightning device on it, and go. The clock will auto-set (my unit has a 12-hour clock, not military as some other reviewers got) and you control the rest from your device. There's just two volume buttons and an on/off button for the clock display. There's also a mini jack input and a two-way mini headphone cord included in case you want to plug your 1984 Walkman cassette player in.

There's one HUGE negative to this unit...if you dock an iPad, it covers the volume buttons, and you can't make adjustments. You can't on the iPad either, it won't change. But I bought this primarily for my iPhone, so I can live with that.

Other than that, it sounds decent...not great...but fine. It's compact enough for my bedside table. So it fits my needs.

I've relied on Philips for quality at a value price for years, si this was an easy choice. I'm satisfied with the product.
on December 11, 2013
Excellent sound quality for my home office. Works we'll with iphone 5. I had struggled to find a unit like this that would work well with my newer iPhone model, but this has helped me finally end my search.
on October 27, 2015
Gave life to my old 2007 Classic IPOD. I use it for an music alarm in the morning and listen to music and audiobooks. This is a great product. My IPhone 6 works on it as well with a FINSO USB and 30 pin adapter. worth owning.