Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Indie for the Holidays in Prime Music Shop Now Tikes

on December 14, 2009
very easy to use... eventhough it may seem like a lot of pieces they are super easy to put together...
5 minutes and i am done pumping ... great way to stimulate more milk...
wonderful product
on September 13, 2010
Products works great. Its my second set.

However, as mentioned by a few other reviews, my set was missing the manual hand pump conversion set.

Otherwise it would be a five star
on September 22, 2010
Bought for a friend and the title says it all. They love this product and could not thank me enough. When we have more children i will purchase one for the woman of my dreams.
on September 21, 2010
I wanted to pump until my daughter was at least 6 months old. I had been using a rented Medela pump from the hospital and pumping anywhere from 6 to 10 ounces every 3-4 hours. After switching to the Avent pump it took longer to pump that amount and soon my supply started to go down. After a month of using the Avent pump my daughter, who is only 4 1/2 months old, now exclusively drinks formula and I returned the pump. If comfort is your biggest concern then this pump will work; it is more comfortable then the Medela and the controls are nice if you want to set your own power and pace. However, the suction even on the strongest setting is weak and the bottles, suctions tops, and cords are awkward and inconvenient. I would not recommend this pump. I read good reviews on multiple sites so maybe my experience is not common but the whole experience with this pump has been a huge disappointment.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 3, 2010
great pump when it worked. Avent replaced the pump after I called, but fortunately I have a friend's pump as backup in the meantime....
on September 21, 2015
I really loved this machine. I breast feed for a year and 8 months.
This came in handy when I went back to work.
on June 13, 2010
After doing weeks of research, I opted for this pump. Excited about the soft massaging petals and the customized pumping controls.

There are SEVERAL issues with this pump.
1: It Leaks! In several ways.
2: Tubing is too stiff and knocks bottles over. I have lost so much milk do to spills even with the bottle stand. Which btw DON"T FIT THE LARGE BOTTLES.
3: Milk backs up in Flanges and spills out on tummy
4: Milk puddles under massaging petal inserts and is wasted
5: Milk collects under diaphragms
6: Gel pack don't stay cold for longer than 30-45 min.
7: Hard to get replacement parts, takes over 7 days...milk will dry up by then
8: Customer service is not very helpful or sympathetic to the urgency of nursing moms.
9: Mine is loosing suction after only about 3 dozen uses.
There is about 1/2 oz wasted each pumping session-each side- due to faulty design.

The only reason it get's 1 star is because the computerized custom pumping is pretty cool. But the pump needs a complete overhaul.

I really want to like it, but I just don't and DO NOT recommend it.
Side note: I have been using Avent bottles just because they came with the pump. My baby has LOTS and LOTS of gas. Finally switched to Sassy MAM Bottles on a whim. Completely different baby! Hardly any gas at all! He smiles and giggles all the time now and is only 10 weeks old.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 30, 2011
I would give this pump zero stars if I could! Don't waste your money--go with any Medela pump over this one. I bought this pump before I had my first son after reading some good reviews on it. It worked fine for the occasional pump session during the first 3 months. After I went back to work though, my son got lazy and stopped nursing (a whole different story...), so I had to rely completely on pumping 5-6 times a day in order to continue feeding him breast milk exclusively. Within 2 weeks, my supply dropped to almost NOTHING because of the poor suction/overall quality of the Avent pump--I would pump for at least 20 minutes and get an ounce or 2 out. I ended up having to rent a hospital grade Medela pump and taking a ton of herbal supplements to build my supply back up. I left my rented pump at work one night after using it for a few weeks, and was forced to go back to the Avent pump for an evening--and that's when I really realized just how much better the Medela pumps are. I have returned the hospital grade pump and bought the Medela Pump in Style, and could not be happier. The Avent pump is super inconvenient for using at work--it has so many pieces that come apart and need to be cleaned that it would add at least 5 minutes to my at work pumping routine. The Medela systems are so much easier to assemble and clean between uses. I find the Medela pump to be WAY more comfortable than the Avent pump. The Avent pump even just sounds crappy while it's running. For the price, I would have expected much more. I do miss being able to use the same bottles for collection and storage, but that's about all I miss about the Avent Isis Duo...Don't bother--go with the Medela pump!
on November 11, 2015
i loved this!
on May 20, 2010
Do not buy this breast pump if you plan to need it more than 6 months. Mine died at 8 months of normal use (I pumped while at work). Also, beware of the breast shields. The first time I used the pump they gave me blisters! A nurse told me to wipe a little olive oil on the shields, which worked and I was happy with the pump until it just gave out on me. Not worth the money and I expected better from Philips.