Most helpful critical review
32 of 41 people found the following review helpful
A good (but not great) set for the money
on July 19, 2011
The Avent gift set is pretty nice as it comes with enough bottles for one baby as well as the sterlizer, bottle brush, pacifier, and powder container. With my babies, they will only drink from Dr Brown and Avent bottles. Both brands of bottles provide great vents so the baby does not get super gassy.
There are even times when my babies don't even burp after drinking from the Avent bottles. Here are my pros and cons:
1. The 9 oz bottles are a great size which grows with your baby - the bottles have only three parts to wash, the bottle, the cap, the nipple. SOOO much better than the 5 parts to wash for Dr Browns.
2. Venting system is a huge help in preventing excess gas
3. If you're a parent that feels the need to sterilize everything, the sterlizer would be great for you since it only takes 2 minutes
4. I love the powder container and we take it with us in our diaper bag for on the go feedings
5. The set also comes with one Bottle to Cup trainer handle which is perfect for older babies who are transitioning.
6. The bottle brush is good so you don't have to get one if you don't already have one. However, if I were to pick my own bottle brush, it wouldn't be this one. I prefer the normal 360 degree bristle brush.
1. The bottles do leak sometimes if you don't put the top on exactly right which can be a pain in the butt and of course you won't know until you shake the bottle or feed your baby. Even if you see that the top is on "correctly" and tight, you might be fooled once you turn it upside down!
2. For me, the sterilizer is silly. I hand wash all my babies' bottles in hot regular soapy water which is enough in my opinion.
3. The 4 oz bottles are not necessary. If the set had only 9 oz bottles, that would be better. Your baby is going to grow out of those 4oz bottles very quickly and then they will be worthless.
I'd give this set a 3 stars. The only thing I would really use from this set are the following, which makes it not worth the price: The 9oz bottles, the milk powder container, the pacifier, the Bottle to Cup trainer. However, if you want an all inclusive set and would use the sterlizer, this set is for you!