Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on November 11, 2009
I researched before I bought this monitor and I am very happy with my purchase. It is high quality and works perfect. No interference from wireless phones or internet. Receiver comes with a belt clip and rechargeable battery so it can be portable. It also plugs into the wall and will automatically charge when plugged in. The receiver beeps if battery is low and light flashes to remind you to plug it in.
I would highly recommend this monitor.
on October 23, 2010
This was the monitor of my dreams in that it has no interference at all. That said, it just stopped working. It shows that it has a connection yet no sound is transmitted. This is despite the fact that it was never dropped, shaken, etc.
It just literally stopped working. Now the sound comes through intermittently.
Not the answer if you have a young one who you need to hear all the time.
77 comments| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 11, 2009
We have gone through 4 or 5 different monitors and they all have either too much static or do not pick up the best reception. Our house is long, with children's rooms on opposite end of the house. No monitor until this one has worked and this one is so quiet, you would never know it's on!
on December 10, 2009
this was my first digital monitor purchase. i was replacing the analog sony we got when our son was born. digital is definitely the way to go because there's no static. however, this just doesn't get nearly loud enough. for 109$ it should at least wake me up when my son is crying. the thing that wakes me up is the incredibly bright illumination of the lights. perhaps they crossed some wiring and made the lights as bright as the volume should be loud. i've very dissatisfied and am currently trying to get my money back. i would not recommend that anyone buy this product.
on February 14, 2013
I am a sound sleeper and the thing I like about this uint is the high end volume it can be set at. allows her to usually wake me when she needs me (Always wakes the wife)

Do read and carefully follow the set up directions, as it has several features which you will need to understand to use it proeerly
on November 23, 2011
We purchased this monitor less than a year ago, and now the monitor shows a link, but there is no sound coming out of it. Also, the range is not nearly as good as our AngelCare monitors.

The monitor has never been dropped, both the transmitter and receiver are powered on but no sound. Don't buy this monitor!
on December 4, 2012
Pros:great range, volume, for example I can get laundry from the garage or take out the garbage and still hear her with no static. We have a lot of electronic equipment in the house and this monitor has minimal low cycle hum and very little static. Comes with adapters.
Cons: baby unit need to change batteries every week, but I have it on all day sometimes.
on June 27, 2012
My wife and I bought this for our son and it has worked flawlessly for the last 18 months. It has great range and is plenty loud. I've never had any static or interference issues. It has also taken a LOT of abuse. I have dropped the portable piece several times and our son likes to play with it as well. We use the two-way communication occasionally, but only to talk to each other. Baby doesn't seem to be soothed by remote voices...

To those who have experienced issues it is worth noting that the volume and sensitivity can be adjusted at the "parent" unit. If either of these are set too low the system could be appear to be acting improperly. In other words, RTFM.
on August 17, 2012
It appears Philips has heard how annoyed people are that you cannot buy replacement rechargeable batteries from anyone but them. I broke down and called them today w/o any prompting they offered to send me a complimentary replacement battery. I paid nothing, not even shipping. Our monitor was purchased in 4/09 and worked great until summer of 2011 when the battery life just got shorter and shorter, so we just kept it plugged in all the time for a while.
on January 18, 2014
We did our research and we could not be happier with this purchase. Our old monitor would have interference and had poor signal quality. I have a great deal of devices running over the wireless and you could hear a pin drop with this model. Totally recommend this product to Parents out there. Nice work Philps!

See 1 answered question