4.0 out of 5 stars Great product
Love the design (cheerful without being too colorful) and the fact that it's non-BPA yet can be used in the microwave and dishwasher. Nice looking, sturdy and has been holding up well to regular use. The size of the plate is good for the average toddler and the anti-skid feature works well. Affordable as well!
Published on April 7, 2011 by M G

2.0 out of 5 stars Cute, but not durable
Published on July 30, 2011 by Mrs. R

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Cute, but not durable, July 30, 2011
This review is from: Philips AVENT BPA Free Toddler Divider Plate, 12+ Months (Baby Product)
We are on our second one of these plates. The dividers are nice, the pictures are cute, the skid-resistent feature is great. However, that said, the pictures in the divided areas are covered by what appears to be a clear, plastic sticker-type material. Or perhaps the pictures simply ARE stickers. In any event, spaghetti sauce, sweet potato and other foods stain and seep under the stickers. We wash the plate by hand, but even so, a corner of the sticker began peeling up. I attributed it to my husband's harsh scrubbing of the plate, so we threw it away and bought a new one, but I can already see that even gently handled, the plate simply doesn't last.

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE - Plastic Stickers!!, July 31, 2012
Darcal (Northern Jersey) - See all my reviews
I really feel obligated to leave feedback on this product. We bought this plate for our 18 month old daughter. I was initially going to purchase several because I wanted plates with rubber grips on the bottom, but read another customer review that mentioned that the artwork appeared to be or have clear stickers. I thought I'd try one out first because surely they must've been misused in some way to allow the "stickers" to peel, or perhaps they were simply protective stickers that you must first remove before using.

Once I received the plate, I could easily feel with my fingers that the artwork on the plate was indeed three separate stickers for each divided section, about the size of the entire section they covered. They weren't simply clear stickers there to protect the artwork either as they were really stuck to the plate and couldn't be removed. My daughter used it a couple of times (in between soap and water sponge washes) and to my dismay pieces of the clear stickers began coming up! Who makes a plate (for children nevertheless) and puts stickers on it right where the food is supposed to go!! All my daughter did was eat from the plate with her baby fork and spoon to get pieces of the stickers to start coming up. You can feel the little holes in the stickers from the fork and spoon marks in the center of them. If you don't mind your child slowly consuming these plastic stickers over time, then this plate will be fine for you I guess. The artwork around the brim of the plate is fine and isn't a sticker, so I don't understand why there are stickers in the three food sections.

The one good thing about the plate and the main reason for me purchasing it is that the rubber gripping on the bottom is great. It doesn't easily slide on table surfaces. The plate itself feels like it's well made, but whoever's decision it was to simply throw some clear stickers on it for the illustrations should be fired!! We'll just be using this so she can at least eat her crackers from it I guess.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product, July 9, 2011
BJB (Boston, MA) - See all my reviews
Nice plate with nice dividers. We got these when my son was about 20 months old. Artwork does not fade and is interesting for him. However, I try NOT to use a knife on it because I can see the scratch marks forming. I cut my son's food on a cutting board or other plate, and then put it on this plate. I might not buy again because of this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, April 7, 2011
M G (San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Toddler Plate, November 27, 2010
Sherlock (Halfmoon, NY United States) - See all my reviews
My 14 month old granddaughter loves this plate. The sections work out wonderfully to separate her food and she gets to pick and see the characters underneath the food. Washes up well.

1.0 out of 5 stars never buy it, May 15, 2014
the plate broke on the first day. its suppose to be split proof. the child did not even eat in it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dish up !, January 12, 2014
This divided toddler dish keeps foods separate from mixing and making a mess. BPA-free is a good thing, plus it's colorful and is dishwasher safe.

4.0 out of 5 stars Own and like the whole set, August 18, 2013
Cute, affordable, good quality! My son likes going over the animals and objects or counting the little tomatoes sometimes, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect plate for a toddler, August 17, 2013
We bought 4 of these for my toddler grandson over a year ago and have been very pleased. I bought them specifically because they were one of the few plates I could find that were BPA free AND dishwasher safe (top rack). We use them all the time and they wash up wonderfully in the dishwasher. After a year, no cracking, fading, peeling, etc. The grip on the bottom of the plates that keeps it from moving easily, works just as well as it did on day 1. If I could change anything about them, it would be to not have all the drawings on the "food portion" of the plate. Is a little hard to see the food real well. But my grandson doesn't seem to mind at all.

We also purchased the matching Avent bowls, and are just as happy with them. But I bought them for a whole lot cheaper at Walmart. Amazon's price seems quite high for both.

5.0 out of 5 stars Avent divider plate, July 11, 2013
A nicely designed, nicely made thick and smooth plastic plate. These plates are well designed to be use full as learning tools. A great gift idea and a gift set is also available.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›