5.0 out of 5 stars tiny ears rejoice
I have terrible luck with headphones. My ear canals are very small (and get told this the few times I've had to see an ear doctor) so earbuds just pop out of my ears. THen I started running. Forget it. If i could wedge them in long enough to stay put my sweat (and i sweat a lot) would short out the remote and my phone would randomly call people. Not awesome.
I've...
Published on October 29, 2011 by elizabeth baldwin

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than the normal apple earbuds
Published on February 15, 2011 by Nathan M. Rose

5.0 out of 5 stars tiny ears rejoice, October 29, 2011
I've tried other over the ear headphones before and found them too uncomfortable or they would fall off- I guess everything about my ears is abnormally small.
But these just.....work.
The adjust to clamp over your ear so mine actually don't even feel like they're resting on my ears.
Maybe the sound isn't the best but I'm pretty easily pleased on that end. All i ask is that it's balanced and one side doesn't cut out.
I absolutely love these headphones. They're a light design, they don't have the silicone-ear insert part that everyone is moving towards that i can't stand.
I'm extremely happy with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Phenomenal headphones!, July 25, 2011
Not sure what the rating below me is talking about. I just purchased a replacement set because mine were stolen 30 minutes ago. These headphones have survived three marathons, training exercise for over a year, and workouts over 2 hours a day 5 days a week. The cord is thin and they are overall light weight. They are not flimsy at all and have been used constantly for over 2 years. One of the buds rubber protector fell off, but easily went back on and I have never had a problem with it since.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best sounding earbuds I've ever owned, January 13, 2013
Purchased these because I'm in and out of the hospital A LOT and will be for however long I have on this earth. Also had a paid of fairly expensive headphones stolen during one of my stays. And on anther occasion I had a relatively expensive pair of earbuds stolen. While the hospital's insurance covered both, it was annoying not having anything I felt safe bringing into the hospital. So I decided to purchase something inexpensive (better than nothing at all)

I ordered a couple different very inexpensive sets of ear buds (different brands so I could compare them). The first were by a company called ME ELECTRONICS. The sounded okay but moved constantly...garbage.

Then I tried these. Not only were they comfortable and adjustable but the sound is amazing for this price. Sound is VERY rich and full both high and low ends. And unlike the last ones I had purchased these will stay in place and once adjusted, they don't move. I had a pair of fairly expensive earbuds (about 10 times the cost of one set of these). In short, I like these so much that I won't even buy another very expensive set. I'm going to buy 2 or 3 more of these to have then handy.

Last thing, I was a concert level classical guitarist and am very critical of headphones and earbuds. I rarely recommend things to people to buy because my budget was usually bigger than theirs for anything having to do with music (like earbuds - most people don't want to pay $200 for example). While these may not sound like $200 earbuds, the sound quality it MUCH MUCH higher than the few dollars they are asking. This is truly one of the few times that you get much more than you paid for.

4.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable for the Price, June 29, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I think it's key to keep in mind that these are fairly cheap. Yes, the sound quality doesn't hold up to the higher end headphones we own, but that's because these are much cheaper. They are great to use in situations where you don't want to use your better quality headphones.

It does take you a little time to put them on the first time - to get them situated on the ear, to set up the soft rubber to get it to fit. Once you do get the headphones in place, they are quite secure.

The sound isn't phenomenal, but it isn't atrocious either. It's what you would expect in this price range.

We found it more comfortable for long term wear than ear buds, because there isn't any inner-ear pressure.

The connection wires aren't very sturdy looking. Also we prefer right angle jacks for various reasons and this one has a straight jack.

All in all, reasonable for its price range, but look to get a higher quality set if you're playing music in your ears fairly frequently.

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than the normal apple earbuds, February 15, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Headphones has become a science lately. Everyone and their brother has a headphone set out from the cheap to really expensive. These headphones fall into the first category. While these headphones will let you here every sound created by a lossess audio track of an aac? Definetly not. However these are definitely a step up for the earbuds that come with apple products. If you are looking for a cheap alternative to stock headphones, then these are up your alley.

4.0 out of 5 stars work well for exercise, January 18, 2012
These Phillips Adjustable Earhook headphones are great for wearing when I'm outside jogging, or riding a bike, or any exercise where I'm moving. Previously, I had earbuds, which were fine if you were more stationary but they fall out of my ears when I "bounce" on my runs. These hooks stay securely on my ears and the adjustable part is great, because I have smaller ears. I would recommend these to any runners/joggers/walkers that need something to stay put.

3.0 out of 5 stars An Average Affair, May 17, 2010
A. Reader (Hollywood, Ca United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It's hard for me to know how much value to assign an item based on cost.

Fair warning, you may give these anywhere between 2-4 depending on your budget.

These are superior when compared to the standard apple headphones.
They are vastly inferior to most of the $50-300 earphones I use.

The cord is thin. Like I'm expecting it to break any day thin.
The headphones start off comfy, but after an hour of working get a little uncomfy.
The mids are fine, the highs are tin-ny and the lows are eh.
They are super light.
After three weeks they've survived some moderate physical abuse, and sweat. Though these are not specifically exercise headphones as near as I can tell...

Will update in a few months.

5.0 out of 5 stars These earphones are awesome., July 28, 2013
I purchased these almost a year ago when looking for a pair of over-the-ear earbuds for day-to-day and/or exercise use, and they did not disappoint. Comfortable, simple, and with a really great sound quality. After some pretty heavy use, the casing around the bottom part wore through and exposed the wires, and after a good month more the wires finally wore out. I purchased a pair to use as well as a backup pair - I like these headphones, and I want to stay set with them for a while longer. The packaging was severely damaged when they arrived, but the products worked fine.

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete Grabage, June 26, 2013
Headphones these days seem to be OK about costing a fortune. Well, these don't cost a fortune. These are relatively cheap and I am no audiophile. All I was looking for was a decent sounding pair of headphones I could use for my occasional runs. Turns out these not only sound like garbage but also cant seem to stay put in the ear despite the hooks. So, basically you are buying something that sounds bad (again, wasn't expecting any miracles here) and is pretty useless for the auxilary purpose of staying put in the ears. Turns out, such things are called garbage.

1.0 out of 5 stars Right side earphone stopped working after only 2 months!, March 22, 2013
These were comfortable enough and worked for running, but the right side stopped working after 2 months, a few weeks after the warranty expired. I would not recommend these. Very poor durability.

Rate and Discover Movies