5.0 out of 5 stars Light Protection for iPad 2 with Smart Cover
Published on May 3, 2011 by Derbydano

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice sleeve - NOT REVERSIBLE
Customer Video Review     Length:: 0:38 Mins
Pros: Nice material, fits well, flap curls over the opening so tablet won't slide out

Published on October 16, 2011 by Frank Castle

5.0 out of 5 stars Light Protection for iPad 2 with Smart Cover, May 3, 2011
Derbydano "DB" (Louisville, Kentucky) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philips DLN1713 Soft Sleeve for iPad (Personal Computers)
I generally take good care of my portable electronics, but everyone needs some protection for their iPad. I use this sleeve to protect my iPad 2 when traveling about. The iPad slips easily into this sleeve with the Smart Cover in place. The "lid" to the sleeve folds over snugly without hassle, wrapping the iPad in a layer of neoprene approximately 3/16" thick. No zippers to fool with! It is easy to grip this sleeve in the hand. It does not slide around when I toss it on the passenger seat. I am comfortable walking outside (briefly) in a light rain with my iPad inside of this sleeve. This sleeve also protects my iPad when I toss it in a backpack with other stuff. I don't know how well it would protect the iPad if I dropped it, but it seems like enough padding to prevent significant damage. I'm happy using it in any situation where I don't need rigid or waterproof protection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet simplicity, May 25, 2011
This review is from: Philips DLN1713 Soft Sleeve for iPad (Personal Computers)
I wanted a very simple cover to protect my iPad2 with smart cover when putting it in a book bag or purse. This cover fits perfectly, and has no fussy closures. Note mine came in black with red piping - opposite what is shown on Amazon. You can also reverse it to solid red with black stitching. Either side looks great with the red iPad smart cover. The price is unbeatable. Perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Sleeve for the price, June 17, 2011
J. Poon (Santa Barbara, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philips DLN1713 Soft Sleeve for iPad (Personal Computers)
Unlike what others are saying, this is NOT hard to get the cover over. First time out of the box, it was easy to get it over my iPad2, not sure if the iPad 1's thickness is making it "difficult" for others to get the hood on, but I can't see how it would make a difference. Ignore those concerns. This sleeve fits the iPad2 snugly and keeps it protected from minor bumps and light rain. The neoprene smells like neoprene, but goes away after a while. I highly recommend this for a simple way to transport your iPad without scratching the screen, and without using clunky covers. As a note, the black side has phillips written in very small clear plasticy text on the front, side corner. If you reverse it, the red side does not have this logo...not sure if anyone cares, but thought I'd mention it. Black looks sleeker anyway to me

5.0 out of 5 stars Best sleeve idea ever, June 23, 2011
This review is from: Philips DLN1713 Soft Sleeve for iPad (Personal Computers)
Best sleeve for the price. It fits my iPad2 perfectly with the smart cover on. That was my biggest concern, because the Smart Cover is great but doesn't protect the back of the tablet. Great price, fast shipping. I ordered it at 10:30 am and it came in the next day's mail because this vendor is in City of Industry, CA and I am in Pasadena, CA. Excellent product and service!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cover, Especially for the Price, June 29, 2011
W. Kang (Englewood Cliffs, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philips DLN1713 Soft Sleeve for iPad (Personal Computers)
I usually carry around my iPad 2 inside a backpack with assorted other items. My concern was potential scratching by various metal objects like charger parts. This cover does great against that. I also felt like purchasing an Apple Smart Cover would be too much of an unnecessary, albeit cool, accessory. After two months of use where I would just throw the cover back in the bag while I use the iPad, I'm sure that I made the right choice and saved some money.

The cover is also fine for hand-carrying my iPad and for tossing the iPad short distances. I don't use my iPad tp watch long videos so I don't miss any tall stand function.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect iPad2 Protection, June 16, 2011
This review is from: Philips DLN1713 Soft Sleeve for iPad (Personal Computers)
I don't review a lot of items, although I do usually rate something if the opportunity is given. This time, it's worth it to give a review. Great soft protection for my new iPad2. Not bulky, which is important. A great fit with the Apple cover on the iPad2. I already have a padded "tote" for electronics, but this is what I will use to take the iPad2 in my everyday work bag. Like that it is completely reversible and easy to clean. A great price for such a practical and well made cover. Thanks to Philips for being so creative.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but plain, November 15, 2011
This review is from: Philips DLN1713 Soft Sleeve for iPad (Personal Computers)
This thing is built super tough and feels like a quality product. It feels like it could protect my iPad from just about anything within reason and really that's all I wanted it for. That being said, I wish they had made it in more colors or at least made it reversible. In fact, it pretty much already is reversible if it weren't for some unsightly labels that peek through. If you want a cheap iPad sleeve that offers great protection and value, this is it. Fashionistas might want to look elsewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Option, August 9, 2011
This review is from: Philips DLN1713 Soft Sleeve for iPad (Personal Computers)
A friend of mine had one of these for her iPad. I asked her the brand and found it on Amazon. I love it! Just the right amount of padding, no zippers, buttons, snaps. Just slip in the iPad and fold over the top! Love it Love it Love it! Not bulky at all. Wish there were color selections. The one I have is black and reversible to red and I saw no other color options. Other than that, PERFECT!

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice sleeve - NOT REVERSIBLE, October 16, 2011
Length:: 0:38 Mins

Only one major con: There's a white tag sticking out of the "red side" of the reversible sleeve. To take the tag off, you have to actually pull it out from under the black stitching, which is difficult to do without ripping the stitches out. Once that is done, you can actually see that the white tag was sewn in *between* the two halves of the sleeve, because the seam isn't uniform; the black side is poking out through the seam (see video review and user pics I posted).

If you're only planning on using the black side, then it's a great sleeve. If you were hoping to use the red side, then you'll be disappointed. Either way, the sleeve shouldn't be marketed as "reversible" when it's clearly not.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good protective cover for your iPad, December 24, 2012
This review is from: Philips DLN1713 Soft Sleeve for iPad (Personal Computers)
I like this sleeve because it is easy to put on my iPad, AND provides good protection for the iPad and the keyboard.

Philips DLN1713 Soft Sleeve for iPad