5.0 out of 5 stars Just as expected!
My order was shipped in a very timely manner and I am very pleased with the product. I bought a refurbished Philips DVD/VHS player and it's worked perfectly! I was unsure about buying refurbished but now I'm really glad I did because not only was it a lot cheaper, but I got the same quality as if it was brand new! Great buy!
Published on September 25, 2012 by sarahlynn

1.0 out of 5 stars 90-day warranty says it all
Published 20 months ago by GSer

1.0 out of 5 stars 90-day warranty says it all, May 28, 2013
This review is from: Philips DVP3345VB DVD Player -Black (Electronics)
I purchased the Philips DVP3345VB DVD-VCR player Jan. 4, 2013, for my brother and sister-in-law while visiting them in St. Louis. The DVD box says the DVD player will play multi-disk formats, including DVD-R. We tried to play two DVD-R discs on the Philips Jan. 4. One played with some distortion, the other froze. When I returned to Kansas City I noted that both discs played without any problems on my home DVD player (Pioneer) and my computer. I returned to St. Louis in May and brought with me another DVD-R recorded disc. It froze on their Philips player as well. Clearly the Philips player was defective. We attempted to return it to the Target store from which we purchased it but they refused to refund or exchange it, saying they do not accept returns beyond 3 months, even if the player was defective from the outset. I then went to Best Buy and purchased a $44 Sony DVD player for my brother and played the same DVD-R disc on it and the disc played flawlessly. I tried contacting a Target supervisor or the Philips company. Neither would help me. The Philips company "support supervisor" said the warranty on the DVD player was only for 3 months! No warranty information was printed on the box, however. The Philips "supervisor" said he could not provide any company contact information of anyone with more authority than he. Beware that "Philips" is a name used by a company called P&F Mexicana out of Huixquillucan Mexico.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as expected!, September 25, 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars Stay away, January 3, 2011
2 for 2.
Bought this in Sept. and when hooked up the tracking on the VCR side wouldn't work. Returned to Philips for a replacement. Guess what? The DVD player on the replacement wouldn't load a DVD, VCR worked fine on the second one.
Philips blamed it on UPS and rough handling in shipping. Both boxes were in perfect condition so doubtful the shipper was the issue.
So, now stuck with a DVD/VCR combo which only works on the VCR side.
No more Philips products.
Oh and customer service with them is highly suspect as far as being able to handle the return issues.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor VHS Performance, February 20, 2012
This review is from: Philips DVP3345VB DVD Player -Black (Electronics)
Right from the start the VHS playback quality was very poor. The picture would drop out intermittently. That is to say, the picture would go black momentarily as the tape played. At first, I assumed that the problem was in the prerecorded VHS tapes, however; the problem got worse with time and tapes recorded from broadcast television would experience the same problem. Also note, the fast wind is rather slow and does not slow the tape near the end of the tape as do better VHS tape players.

The DVD side worked very well both video and audio.

1.0 out of 5 stars Phillips DVP3345VB/F7 Has DVD Issue, November 7, 2010
This review is from: Philips DVP3345VB DVD Player -Black (Electronics)
I did purchased the Phillips DVP3345VB/F7 DVD/VCR combo brand new from a retailer - not Amazon. Two major issues I discovered: (1) no built-in TV tuner (I can't receive TV signals from my cable company), and (2) the DVD player did not work. I tried several different types of DVD's, but they all failed to play. However, the VCR worked perfectly. I needed a VCR/DVD combo to replace an older VCR VHS player/recorder with built-in tuner that kicked the bucket, but this unit lacked the main item I needed, and the built-in DVD player would not even work. How sad. Will be returning this unit and will look elsewhere -- However, I found two promising DVD/VCR combo units at Amazon that look very promising with built-in TV tuners -- Toshiba DVR670 and the Magnavox ZV457MG9 Dual Deck DVD/VCR Recorders. Can't decide which one to get, but I'll keep reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good working product from Amazon.com, September 23, 2010
Philips DVP3345VB/F7 DVD Player and VHS Combo
I purchased this item from Amazon.com. I had a little problem getting it connected properly, but with some expert help from a freind, and some excelent help from philips, it was connected properly. It seemjs to work well with good picture and sound. we are very pleased with it for the price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, December 7, 2012
This review is from: Philips DVP3345VB DVD Player -Black (Electronics)
The first one was jacked up (tracking was off and needed adjusted by the seller), so another was sent. This one was better, but still had problems - at least tapes were viewable.

However, it's been about a month and it's completely unwatchable. This was a tremendous waste of money for me and the seller. Now I need to go get another one, or at least another VHS player.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, January 24, 2013
This review is from: Philips DVP3345VB DVD Player -Black (Electronics)
This is in my son's room and we love it. He can watch older movies on the VCR and newer movies on the DVD and it's all in one piece of equipment

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, April 20, 2012
This review is from: Philips DVP3345VB DVD Player -Black (Electronics)
This product has worked great, and I have had it for three years. I have never had any problems with it. I am ordering one for my Grandmother one right now.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic dvd vcr combo, October 6, 2012
This review is from: Philips DVP3345VB DVD Player -Black (Electronics)
we bought our son this phillips dvd vcr combo,5 years ago,it still plays like a brand new dvd vcr combo player.i just bought the same player.you can't go wrong with this dvd vcr combo,rate it 100 percent,fantastic dvd vcr combo!

Philips DVP3345VB DVD Player -Black