Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on May 28, 2013
I purchased the Philips DVP3345VB DVD-VCR player Jan. 4, 2013, for my brother and sister-in-law while visiting them in St. Louis. The DVD box says the DVD player will play multi-disk formats, including DVD-R. We tried to play two DVD-R discs on the Philips Jan. 4. One played with some distortion, the other froze. When I returned to Kansas City I noted that both discs played without any problems on my home DVD player (Pioneer) and my computer. I returned to St. Louis in May and brought with me another DVD-R recorded disc. It froze on their Philips player as well. Clearly the Philips player was defective. We attempted to return it to the Target store from which we purchased it but they refused to refund or exchange it, saying they do not accept returns beyond 3 months, even if the player was defective from the outset. I then went to Best Buy and purchased a $44 Sony DVD player for my brother and played the same DVD-R disc on it and the disc played flawlessly. I tried contacting a Target supervisor or the Philips company. Neither would help me. The Philips company "support supervisor" said the warranty on the DVD player was only for 3 months! No warranty information was printed on the box, however. The Philips "supervisor" said he could not provide any company contact information of anyone with more authority than he. Beware that "Philips" is a name used by a company called P&F Mexicana out of Huixquillucan Mexico.
on September 25, 2012
My order was shipped in a very timely manner and I am very pleased with the product. I bought a refurbished Philips DVD/VHS player and it's worked perfectly! I was unsure about buying refurbished but now I'm really glad I did because not only was it a lot cheaper, but I got the same quality as if it was brand new! Great buy!
on January 3, 2011
2 for 2.
Bought this in Sept. and when hooked up the tracking on the VCR side wouldn't work. Returned to Philips for a replacement. Guess what? The DVD player on the replacement wouldn't load a DVD, VCR worked fine on the second one.
Philips blamed it on UPS and rough handling in shipping. Both boxes were in perfect condition so doubtful the shipper was the issue.
So, now stuck with a DVD/VCR combo which only works on the VCR side.
No more Philips products.
Oh and customer service with them is highly suspect as far as being able to handle the return issues.
on February 20, 2012
Right from the start the VHS playback quality was very poor. The picture would drop out intermittently. That is to say, the picture would go black momentarily as the tape played. At first, I assumed that the problem was in the prerecorded VHS tapes, however; the problem got worse with time and tapes recorded from broadcast television would experience the same problem. Also note, the fast wind is rather slow and does not slow the tape near the end of the tape as do better VHS tape players.

The DVD side worked very well both video and audio.
on November 7, 2010
I did purchased the Phillips DVP3345VB/F7 DVD/VCR combo brand new from a retailer - not Amazon. Two major issues I discovered: (1) no built-in TV tuner (I can't receive TV signals from my cable company), and (2) the DVD player did not work. I tried several different types of DVD's, but they all failed to play. However, the VCR worked perfectly. I needed a VCR/DVD combo to replace an older VCR VHS player/recorder with built-in tuner that kicked the bucket, but this unit lacked the main item I needed, and the built-in DVD player would not even work. How sad. Will be returning this unit and will look elsewhere -- However, I found two promising DVD/VCR combo units at Amazon that look very promising with built-in TV tuners -- Toshiba DVR670 and the Magnavox ZV457MG9 Dual Deck DVD/VCR Recorders. Can't decide which one to get, but I'll keep reading.
on December 7, 2012
The first one was jacked up (tracking was off and needed adjusted by the seller), so another was sent. This one was better, but still had problems - at least tapes were viewable.

However, it's been about a month and it's completely unwatchable. This was a tremendous waste of money for me and the seller. Now I need to go get another one, or at least another VHS player.
on September 23, 2010
Philips DVP3345VB/F7 DVD Player and VHS Combo
I purchased this item from Amazon.com. I had a little problem getting it connected properly, but with some expert help from a freind, and some excelent help from philips, it was connected properly. It seemjs to work well with good picture and sound. we are very pleased with it for the price.
on January 24, 2013
This is in my son's room and we love it. He can watch older movies on the VCR and newer movies on the DVD and it's all in one piece of equipment
on September 4, 2013
I am very "electronically" challenged and this DVD/VHS player is exactly what I wanted - something easy to set up and easy to use for viewing my collection of VHS videos and DVDs. If you are looking for a machine that does this then you will be happy. I have not tried to tape from a television program so I cannot speak to that option but it is possible with this player.
on March 19, 2014
Amazon's product page does not mention that this Phillips player will only play VHS tapes using Composite cables to your TV. This unit is equipped with Component, S-Video & Composite cable connectors/ports (no HDMI ports). So, Component is the best quality available with this unit. Composite cables are included in the box. Even S-Video is better than Composite (our LG Smart TV does not have an S-Video port so I was unable to test it). I phoned Phillips tech-support & they confirmed VCR playback doesn't work with Component cables; only with Composite cables. Both the DVD & VCR picture quality are poor when connected to the TV via Composite cables. However, DVD playback quality is okay when connected to the TV via Component cables. BTW, the remote control is impressive (the only 2 reasons I didn't give this unit a 1-star rating). If quality VCR/VHS playback is your goal, don't buy this unit unless you're willing to also buy a Composite to HTML converter ($28 - $36)