Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Martha Stewart American Made Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals BestoftheYear Outdoor Deals on HTL

Package Type: Standard PackagingChange

on January 24, 2014
The Good: Its easy to load from Windows Music. I connected the unit and asked it to sync the music and it was done almost in a snap of the fingers. You do not need to use Song Bird as instructions say. It's very basic with the buttons and I had no trouble adjusting to it. I use the clip instead of the arm band. I think the sound is good but I don't like the over the ear hook.
The Bad: There is no view finder/window. You can't choose where the music starts. It does have a shuffle mode but I hear several of the same songs I heard the day before. I have enough music that it shouldn't repeat that quickl.
on December 15, 2013
Reading the other reviews I guess I got lucky. I try to keep in mind that it's $30.00 with regards to making this review. IE my expectations were mainly for something that I could wear while I was running, and not anything more than that. The actual music player is a cheap plastic disc in sits in a nice rubber cover. It charged fine. It ran fine. I will say that navigating it is not really user friendly. Left and right toggle the volume and if you want to skip forward with a song you have to hold left or right down. This is kind of awkward when you're working out.

The headphones aren't bad, they aren't great, but what do you expect for $30.00? They stay on my ears and I've heard worse quality. Everything that's comes in the package would have prompted me to give it four stars except for the arm band. It's comfortable and it still works for me, but the nature of the fabric its made from is such that if you pull too hard on the fabric it will bunch up around the fold back spot.

All in all I would call it serviceable and good enough for me not to bother returning it. Still looking for that perfect workout MP3 player. Really hate using my smartphone.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 26, 2015
I just got this yesterday. It is easy to load music onto, you don't have to download any programs. You can just copy and paste from your computers music folder to the players music folder. It seems like a good little mp3 player. It is very simple, so if you are just looking for something to play music, this product may be for you. However, there is one large drawback. You can not skip any songs. There is no button to go back and forth between songs. Since it only cost me ten dollars, I'll take the loss. I bought it for workouts, so I will just load different short playlists onto it each time. Contrary to what others have said, the arm band is adjustable and sizeable. The earphones seem good. They were not uncomfortable to me, and the chord was long. If you aren't satisfied with the earphones, you can wear a different pair. There is a rubber casing that goes on the player. I don't think it is protective, it is just to ensure that the player stays on the arm band. When you take the rubber casing off, there is also a clip so you can clip it to a shirt, a pocket, etc.
Overall, an ok product. I just really don't like that you can't switch back and forth between songs. What is that?!
on June 19, 2015
Device works as promised. 5 minutes out of the box this little guy was loaded up and playing great. I have read other reviews stating this or that, but what I received was a great little MP3 player which is exactly what I wanted. Something small, very light weight that's easy to use. These come with demo songs and they are not used...O_o. I personally like the ear loop headphones. They fit quit well and have good sound. Arm band is definitely not for use on the wrist unless yours are exceptionally large. The arm band fits comfortably around my upper arm without pinching or any discomfort at all. You can place this player on random or skip around yourself, it's your choice. Device arrived with a partial charge, and was fully charged in under an hour. Over all, for the money, you can't beat this little device. It does all I wanted it to music in my ears while I run, do weights, and use the machines while at the gym.
on June 10, 2015
I bought this as a gift for my preteen grandson who often loses things. The wrap style has helped him there. Now it disappears because others want to use it. Four people aged 20 and younger have been using it, especially for jogging. They rave about it! They are able to easily drag and drop songs on to it. Then hit play and enjoy; skip an unliked song or repeat a favorite. My grandson does not jog and does not like the hook on earbuds so he uses his regular ones instead. I plan to buy another GoGear for his sister and maybe another for a loaner.
on July 28, 2015
So far it's been exactly what I was looking for. Simple, small, clicky buttons instead of a touch screen. It'd be nice if the volume up/down buttons were separate from the next/prev buttons, but I can live with it.

One thing I wish I'd known in advance: by chance or by design, this thing makes a very quiet ticking sound about twice a second when it's paused. It sounds just like a pocketwatch nearby, if you have both earbuds in. This was SUPER creepy to discover when I was out on a run in the middle of nowhere.
on July 27, 2014
when I purchased the MP3, it said it was new, when I turned it on, it already had music downloaded, besides that it did not get here on time. The earphones are not good, you get what you paid for.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 18, 2014
The arm band is too small. You wear it like a watch. It's not weather resistant because the buttons are not protected by the black rubber. Buttons also leak water into headphone jack. The rubber will protect the player from your sweat. Ear buds sound good but are uncomfortable after 10 mins. Player isn't user friendly and volume/skip are the same buttons. Device manual states player will freeze and needs to be reset with a pin hole. Do Philips engineers ever use their own products? I know they hire young people but this feels like a toddler designed it.
on December 17, 2013
Everything works. The sound quality is not bad. The unit is very light and stays on your arm securely. The only negative thing is I can hear the wires from the earpiece bouncing around while running. Besides that, this is a good product, just as advertised.
on October 7, 2015
For the price, this player is pretty good. I needed a replacement for my sansa clip but didn't want to spend $40 for a new one. I looked around a little and found the Philips FitDot and decided to give it a try. At $16 I felt there was no harm in giving this a shot. The built in clip makes it super easy to use. It comes with an arm band but it looks a little and wouldn't fit comfortably around my arm. I am particular about the headphones that I use for the gym and these are OK. The look helps them stay on while running but the sound quality isn't anything special. I'm not too thrilled about the lack of a dedicated volume button as the "volume up"/"next track" and "volume down"/"previous track" are integrated into 2 buttons. It's a space saving feature, I get it, but the sansa clip is the same size and has dedicated buttons. However, getting used to the player with basically only 3 buttons is easy enough and a lack of a dedicated volume button isn't a deal-breaker. I really don't care a bout the lack of a screen as I mainly use the track shuffle feature. Overall, I'm pretty happy with this player. It's convenient and the price is pretty hard to beat.