Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Philips HP6576 Satin Perfect Epilator, White/Gold
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

VINE VOICEon August 25, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I am a long time epilator user..so I feel this is a pretty fair review of a new product.
First let me say epilating isn't for everyone but once you start it is the only way. This product comes in a attractive package with all the needed items
i.e. a brush for cleaning the head
a very nice pouch that actually is designed to SIT on the counter vs. fall over
a plug in charger
Instruction manual
One item you will notice right off the bat it this unit has 2 Speeds and a LITE.. The head of the unit is made out of either a plastic or possibly ceramic tweezer heads. This is the first epilator I have used that doesn't use metal tweezer heads. The lite is handy to be able to see the skin surface of you lower legs but can't see what other use it might have. The sound is LOUD.. much louder than my current Emjoi but it is what it is and this is a product you would use in private anyway. I do like that it is a rechargeable unit NEVER be without the right batteries.. when you need it.

Function.. this is where this product lost one STAR... I did a test using this product and then using my current epilator ... The Phillips did an OK job of hair removal but when I did the same area using my current model with the metal tweezers it picked up much smaller, thinner hair strands.

So in Summary:
....... Pro's are that is appears and feels like a solid unit with a lite head and 2 speeds.
a rechargeable unit makes it a attractive product at this price point and love that the cloth case actually sits flat

....... Con's are that it didn't do as good a job for me as my metal tip model. Very LOUD sound. And a little on the pricey side for an epilator

Recommendations:
This would be a good choice for a first time epilator. due to the options for speed, lite to see what you are doing on lower extremities, rechargeability is a big plus and a nice case to tuck away the product in a suitcase for travel.
22 comments|55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Imagine this: you go on a two-week vacation, and you don't have to worry about shaving, not once. If you have the guts to try epilation, particularly if you dare to do your underarms, you may never go back. I certainly won't. In this video, I demonstrate the features and use of the Satin Perfect epilator, and discuss issues such as pain, tips for success, and recommended aftercare.

-- Debbie Lee Wesselmann
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Close-up: A woman's leg, tan but stubbly. Slowly, a hand enters the frame, holding a Philips HP6576/60 Satin Perfect Epilator (white/purple), The hand's thumb clicks the "on" button and the epilator begins to buzz loudly. The hand cautiously lowers the epilator to the leg and begins to run it up the shin. A voice is heard:

"Ow, that really hurts! Son of a [bleep]!" But the hand continues to run the epilator on the leg until, a minute later, it shuts off the epilator. The camera pans the leg, showing that it is now mostly smooth, with some fine hairs still present. The voice is heard again: "No [bleep]ing way I'm doing this. It hurts like a son of a [bleep]!"

Fadeout.

The leg, hand and voice were mine. The dialog is real, recorded by my husband without my knowledge.

I remembered the old-time epilators. Really scary devices that could rip your skin to shreds in addition to yanking out your hair. I heard they are much better now, so I thought I'd give it a try. This epilator charged very quickly, and I was ready to do the deed in well under an hour.

I don't think there's any way this thing could cut into your skin. It does what it's supposed to do: pull out your hair by its roots. It doesn't get everything, though. I have fine hair on my legs and this didn't pick up about a tenth of the hair. Not to mention it's loud and it hurts! I have cavities filled without novocaine, but I'm not ready to make an epilator part of my routine. For anybody who waxes, this will probably be no big deal, in which case I say go for it. For myself, I'll just shave, thanks.

My three-star rating is due to the epilator's noisiness and the fact that it removed most but not all the hair in its path, leaving about one-tenth of my hair unplucked even after multiple passes. I didn't downgrade it due to the pain it caused. I figure that goes with the territory.
1212 comments|93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon August 24, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a very nice epilator. It is an epilator, though, which is basically a mechanical set of tweezers that pulls hair out. It is not pleasant the first time you use it.

With patience and a light touch (don't use it like a razor, it will hurrrt), using it gets better and better. And the results last longer than shaving.

This unit in particular is the nicest epilator I've seen:

Likes:

- Light and easy to hold.
- Built-in led light gives extra visibility where you need to go.
- Plastic tweezers seem more friendly than metal chompers.
- Contoured head. Very cool design they way the head is curved and works well in practice.
- Lithium Ion battery: this is high-end electronics with a lasting charge and plenty of power.
- Hair removal. Leaves skin totally smooth. No stubble.
- Easy washing-- removable head can be rinsed out. Comes with cleaning brush.
- Nice little white zip-up carrying bag.

Dislikes:
- This is still an epilator, which requires patience and a bit of pain to work with, especially the first few times. Seems more comfortable than older ones we've used though.

Overall a very nice unit. Great industrial design and ergonomics. Great results.

Tips:

Read the directions, there are some good tips on how to use this thing (e.g. stretch your skin, use light touch, consider exfoliating scrub days before and/or after).

Consider splashing with a nice witch hazel astringent afterwards. [...]
on November 7, 2011
I've been using an epilator for almost 20 years and have used all types of styles. This one is definitely one of the best I ever used. There's no such thing as a perfect epilator but the Philips Satin Perfect is as close as you can get. I use my mine every where - face, legs, feet (why do I have hairy toes?), arms, underarms & bikini area - so it's important that the head doesn't catch skin or pull. My old one had a ceramic tweezer system and this one is just as comfortable to use. OK - 'comfortable' is a relative term, but anyone who uses an epilator regularly will know what I mean. I like the light feature as it makes it easier to see the hair I want to remove.
If you've never used one and are considering it this is a nice model to start with. It's very important to exfoliate regularly and make sure your skin and body hair is dry prior to using. You'll get used to the sensation of hair being pulled out and the more you use it the hair gets finer and in most cases will not grow back after a few years of use. Trust me.
on October 14, 2011
I bought this to use before a beach getaway I had planned. Sick of
buying disposable razors or going to get pricey waxes I finally
decided to make the switch to something that would be long lasting and
hopefully more effective. I was a bit skeptical at first having never
owned an epilator, but boy did I make the right choice! Now I don't
have to worry about running out of razors or if having the time in my
busy schedule to go and get waxed. Most importantly I did not want to
have to worry about hair regrowth while I was on vacation and found
that once I used used the epilator I did not have to use it again for
about two weeks! It does take a little getting used to (I won't lie
and say its totally painless), but once you get the hang of it I bet
you will be like me and not go back to regular shaving!
on April 30, 2012
I recently purchased this Philips Epilator and I cannot be any happier. Keep in mind that I am a guy. I bought this version from Philips because it was noticeable cheaper and didn't vary at all from the one that is marketed for men (only the color was different). Let me start off by saying that I read many different reviews, like you are now, and I was very iffy about buying this product. One day I took a chance just clicked buy now. It took two days to arrive (Amazon student prime account). After opening it, it looked pretty scary. I got how it worked, just all the teeth had me worried about it grabbing ahold of my skin and hurting me in some way. When I finally gave it awhirl, it worked perfectly. I used the highest speed setting and after applying it to my hairy skin, I hardly felt any pain. If you have ever tried waxing, it hurt noticeable less. In fact it hurt less than Nair, which gave me a weird burning sensation in my nips (not supposed to use it in that area but I did). Anyway, most of the hair was ripped out immediately. Sometimes another passthrough was needed, big deal. The fact that this unit has a battery was great since you do not need to stand near an outlet. Its perfectly portable. As for sound, it is considerable quite. No one will be able to hear it behind a closed bathroom door when the shower water is running. I definitely recommend this to anyone out there and I hope you all took time to read this review.
VINE VOICEon August 24, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I am a long term epilator user and have owned Emjoi Gently Gold Cordless Rechargable Hair Removal System,Braun 5180 Silk-Epil X'elle Easy Start Epilator,Panasonic ES2045P Wet/Dry Two-Speed Epilator with Three Heads (Pink), and most recently Remington EP6025 Womens Recharegeable Epilator with Bonus Facial Epilator Attachment. Obviously I like to try new epilators, so when I found this one I definitely wanted to get it.

Right out of the box, I saw that the epilator is a high quality product. Instead of the tweezers being silver like most epilators, they are actually white ceramic. It has a nice design on it and when you plug it in a little battery flashes to let you know it's charging. It stops to let you know when it's fully charged, and turns red when the battery is low. At first I was disappointed because on the box it says "cordless use," so I thought it could only be used cordless. Well for those who are wondering, it can also be plugged in and used.

It is a little quieter than other epilators I have used (although no epilator is really "quiet"). It is VERY fast. I am able to do my legs much faster than with previous epilators. It picks up the hairs quickly and easily. When using on my underarms, I actually have to use the lower setting because the fast setting is too fast. I am able to do both underarms in less than 5 minutes! The hairs collect under the tweezers and I can see the root of the hairs, so I know it is really plucking and not just cutting the hairs (which leads me to wonder whether my previous epilators were truly plucking the hairs as well).

The charge time is very fast, only about an hour. It says you get 40 minutes of cordless use, and I haven't timed myself but I was able to do both legs and underarms and haven't needed to recharge yet.

Other things you might be interested to know...

There is no cover. I would prefer a cover but the efficiency of the epilator makes up for this.

It doesn't seem to pick up tiny stubble as well as some other epilators, but overall the quality of the product surpasses other epilators.

The set that I received came with the epilator, charger, cleaning brush, and pouch.

It is obviously a high end epilator and I expect it to last for a long time. Includes a 2 year warranty.

A note about the price of epilators: It is more expensive at first, but an very good value over time. If you use 1 razorblade per week for a year at $10 for 4 blades, that works out to about $120 a year to shave. So if an epilator lasts you 5 years for example, it works out to this:

Epilator: $100

Shaving: $600!!

It is definitely worth it to buy a long term reusable hair removal device like an epilator.
VINE VOICEon March 19, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Like other reviewers, the problem I face is separating the pain from the product. Epilators hurt! But for a product that causes pain, this one works well. It is cordless, and rechargeable, and a bonus is the handy light to use on hard to see areas. Leaving my skin very smooth, and hairless, this little tool works well. I learned quickly that once it hit my skin, it was best not to lift it up. The more I lifted, the more it hurt. My advice is to place it on your skin in one daring move, and then leave it there until the deed is done. It works well, but is loud - thus the four star rating.
on March 28, 2012
This is my very first epilator. As other reviewers have noted, this hurts. That is to be expected - you're ripping hair out at the root! Now, it doesn't collect the hair, so the hairs get strewn about. Keep that in mind when starting. It does collect longer hairs well and it didn't seem to break them off often, if at all. The problem I found with this epilator is that it doesn't seem to get all the hair - not even close. I have double duty hair on my lower legs - most of it is very coarse, but some of it is somewhat fine. The epilator removed the coarse hair pretty well, but took several passes in each area. I would say it took five to ten passes in each area to remove the coarse hair. The epilator didn't do as well removing the fine hair, even on the lowest setting with very slow passes. I still have some stubble after two days of epilating. I will keep at it in the hopes that it works.

Additionally, the first time I used this epilator, it caused severe irritation because I was pressing down during the multiple passes on my legs. If you are a first time epilator, keep in mind that you do NOT need to press down on the epilator - just allow it to pass on top of the skin. Other than that, this epilator seems pretty good and I will keep at it in the hopes that it only gets better!