5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product !!!
Philips HTS5506/F7 Home Theater is the very good home tehather system. Its sound is fantastic!! I love it. That's excellent product for your money. It has many options for connective your devices
Published 19 months ago by FDP

1.0 out of 5 stars Ugly product by dishonest manufacturer
Published on October 17, 2011 by Alexander Kostromin

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product !!!, May 8, 2013
This review is from: Philips HTS5506/F7 Home Theater (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, April 12, 2012
Works great sounds great I really like the phillips brand I upgraded from a phillips 1080p regular surround sound to this 3d blu-ray one and sounds just as good. It's a LOT of surround sound for your money if you don't want to spend $1K+ on a high quality setup but still want a very good quality system to watch movies on this is a very good one to go with, you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for price!, August 15, 2012
Omg this is powerful just straight powerful. If your a person that like deep bass and like affordable prices this is the must have item. Dont listen to those 2 comments that said the same things. Buy this sounds great i recommend this to anybody in the world.

1.0 out of 5 stars Ugly product by dishonest manufacturer, October 17, 2011
This is a direct deceit by Philips.
I bought this Bluray Home Theatre only because the specifications said that it could play MPEG files that I had a lot captured from my old videotapes. After long struggle with this unit I have found that it plays only AVCHD. In other words you can play videos from your HD camcorder or movies purchased on the market and nothing else. The menu does not even assume playing anything, but AVCHD. It has only 3 options - MUSIC, PHOTOS and AVCHD video. Philips customer support is also based on deceit. In order to get rid of me on the phone they advised downloading something made by third party, which had no relation to the problem. Because I went to that website following their directions I picked up junk on my computer that I still cannot get rid off. Neither I could get clear answer from Philips over e-mail. They anonymously pulled my leg with the same way as they did it on the phone. I am used to any audio device having headphone jack, but this one does not have it so if you need to listen to it in a quiet environment it's not an option. Radio is also absolutely ugly. I still cannot connect an external antenna because a non-standard antenna connector installed in this unit. Quality of radio reception is very poor. Because there is a big difference of signal strength from different stations AGC (Automatic Gain Control) system is always installed in any receiver so that volume would not change when you change stations. In this unit AGC is very poor or not installed at all therefore volume changes even when I walk in the room. On the top of all spec says about this unit "Power consumption - 70W" and "Total output power - 1000W" Where does the unit takes missing 930W from? Judge yourself what this Philips is and what it makes. They deliberately deceive consumers in order to boost their sales. In time past such wrong advertising was punished by law. Unfortunately such fraudulent activities are not punished anymore therefore Philips has also become a gang of swindlers. It is sad that formerly respectful and famous manufacturer has degraded so deep!

1.0 out of 5 stars Deceit by Philips and ugly product, October 10, 2011
This is a direct deceit by Philips.
I bought this Bluray Home Theatre only because the specifications said that it could play MPEG files that I had a lot captured from my old videotapes. After long struggle with this unit I have found that it plays only AVCHD. In other words you can play videos from your HD camcorder with this unit or movies purchased on the market and nothing else. The menu does not even assume playing anything, but AVCHD. It has only 3 options - MUSIC, PHOTOS and AVCHD video. Philips customer support is also based on deceit. In order to get rid of me on the phone they advised downloading something made by third party, which had no relation to the problem. Because I went to that website following their directions I picked up junk on my computer that I still cannot get rid off. Neither I could get clear answer from Philips over e-mail. They just anonymously pulled my leg with the same way as they did it on the phone. They deliberately deceive consumers in order to boost their sales. It is sad that Philips has also become a gang of swindlers. In time past such wrong advertising was punished by law. Unfortunately such fraudulent activities are not punished anymore. I am used to any audio device having headphone jack, but this one does not have it so if you need to listen to it in a quiet environment it's not an option. Radio is also absolutely ugly. I still cannot connect an external antenna because a non-standard antenna connector installed in this unit. Quality of radio reception is very poor. Because there is a big difference of signal strength from different stations AGC (Automatic Gain Control) system is always installed in any receiver so that volume would not change when you change stations. In this unit AGC is very poor or not installed at all therefore volume changes even when I walk in the room. What a degradation of formerly respectful manufacturer!