|Item Weight||3.5 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||11.3 x 10.8 x 2.9 inches|
|Origin||Made in USA|
|Item model number||PD9000|
2-Year Home Theater Protection Planfrom Assurant Solutions
- Delivered by e-mail; register and file claims online or by phone
- We will fix the item, replace or pay up to the original purchase cost of the item. Zero deductible
- Fully transferable if you give as a gift
- Cancel anytime
- Some customers may purchase service plans and eligible products on Amazon. If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan.
Philips 9" LCD Portable DVD Player PD9000 / PD9000/37
|Price:||$99.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- The high resolution color LCD display brings images to life, showing off your treasured photos, favorite movies and music
- With DivX support, you are able to enjoy DivX encoded videos and movies from the Internet, including purchased Hollywood films.
- Up to 5 hours of continuous movie, photo and music playback. The PD9000 portable DVD player features 9" TFT.LCD screen for your great viewing experience
- This Philips player comes with a compact built-in rechargeable battery for long-lasting power.
- The Philips Portable DVD player is compatible with most DVD and CD discs available in the market
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
This hasn't been a problem for us, but you should be aware that it doesn't charge while it is playing (unlike most laptop computers).
The screen is fine, controls straightforward, and the remote works well also.
I've played Region 1, Region 2 PAL, Region 0 PAL, and DVD-R disks in this player without any problems, except in the case of one Dutch DVD which turned out to be a bad DVD; the disk in question wouldn't fully play on my full size Region-free player or on the DVD player in my computer.
Several reviewers have complained that the unit does not charge the battery if you've got it plugged into an AC source while playing a DVD. I haven't found this to be an issue or a problem. I simply plug in the player for recharging occasionally when I know I won't be needing it to keep the battery fully charged.
The quality of the display is crisp and the sound quality is good. Listening via earphones is an option through the earphone jacks, but no earbuds or earphones are included in the package.
The only thing I'd change about this player would be to make the on-off switch and volume control on the sides a bit larger. I have small hands, but often have trouble with the on-off switch as it's difficult to get a good grip on it so my fingers sometimes slip off. A slightly larger volume control would make it easier to find.Read more ›
One design downside is that the DVD cover open latch is a little too easy to accidentally hit, thus popping open the player which stops it from playing.
After a few days the screen began acting up, playing a DVD in negative colours and trailing light. Problem soon stopped - can't explain it either way. Note that this was a problem with the screen, not the player's ability to read discs, since it did not present an altered image when playing through a TV.
The resolution of the screen is good for its size and when plugged into a full-size television converts to a high quality picture that is indistinguishable from any other DVD player.
Comes with all necessary cables and has a long battery life.
Overall definitely worth buying if you're looking to play foreign DVDs.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
We got this to keep our twin entertained during some trips over the summer. It's small, light and does the job reasonably well. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Kid Kyoto
Took out of country and did not work as stated, so I carried a paperweight the entire trip. Really thought about throwing in trash.Published 7 months ago by Jonathan S.
I ordered this for road trips and it works exactly how I hoped.Published 12 months ago by Chris Ellis
From reading the reviews it saved me the hassle of buying the unit; thanks everyone!Published 14 months ago by Dal
In process-- bad unit, been used and is icky all over and w/ bashing and scratching. I'm dealing w/ Amazon and the Seller now, though so I will mail it back.Published 15 months ago by Jean