5.0 out of 5 stars Philips lamp
Published on May 4, 2011 by jwox

1.0 out of 5 stars Not original Philips, just a Chinese replacement
1) Beware that this item is not an original Philips XL5200, despite the clear description as original.

Published on December 22, 2011 by Tansel Turgut

1.0 out of 5 stars Not original Philips, just a Chinese replacement, December 22, 2011
This review is from: Philips Lighting Sony KDS-60A2000 KDS60A2000 Lamp with Housing XL5200 (Electronics)

2) The item is described as "Philips XL5200" lamp, as "original", "not replacement". But it is not a Philips lamp. It is made in China. no documentation of Philips any where. Not in orginal Philips box either.(It looks like earlier to some buyers they send original Philips lamp with original box and warranty) .

3) It is a Chinese replacement XL5200 (which sells for 50$ on web).

4) Philips lamp lasts 3-4 years, replacement lamp lasts 4-6 months.

5) No warranty info is included.

6) I contacted the company. They said that "they can refund the money, if i return it". So, if you figure out that it is not original, they will refund your money....

3.0 out of 5 stars Not New or Philips?, July 26, 2011
I expected to get a brand new "Philips" lamp and housing but think this may have been a refurbished one (did not come in sealed Philips box like past lamps have before). For the price, I expected to get a new Philips lamp. In reading about the product I did not get the impression it would be anything other than that so I was surpised. Dealing with the company was pleasant enough but the actual product is questionable. My TV still does not have a good picture even after replacing with this lamp.

5.0 out of 5 stars Philips lamp, May 4, 2011
I submitted the order for the Philips Lighting Sony KDS-60A2000 Lamp with Housing XL5200 on Saturday morning, I got an email that the order was placed that afternoon and it arrived on Tuesday - I had expected it Thursday at the earliest - I was very pleased with the quick response. The cost with this vendor was slightly more but I felt the warranty was worth it. The company shipped it so fast they forgot to include the warranty and the invoice, but after a few telephone tag games, we communicated and the warranty and invoice arrived. Overall I was very pleased - I think it was best to order the lamp with the housing - made the replacement very easy and fuss free. The TV brightness and color is terrific - so the product was great too.

2.0 out of 5 stars Lamp burns out, December 27, 2011
Okay ,I wrote a comment to sender 2 months ago. Now I regret giving him 5 stars at the time,well it's been 2 months and my lamp is starting to burn out. So now I got to order another one,this sucks cause I spent $113 on this one. I should of known something was up when it came in a shipping box instead of the original box. Can't do anything about it now it's to late,hopefully this will help other customers...

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely worth a little extra money., September 18, 2010
J. Jagoda (Mesquite, NV USA) - See all my reviews
Before buying this lamp, I tried 2 other "replacement" lamps for my Sony 60" projection tv. The first one produced a very very dark picture. The second one worked just fine, till it blew up just a few hours later. This one from Phillips is a direct replacement for the Sony lamp, and has been working perfectly for 3 weeks now - plus it has a one year warranty. Don't waste your time with the cheap substitutes !

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Philips?, March 3, 2012
There is nothing to indicate that this is a Philips lamp. It came in a generic bown box with a small white sticker marked "philips" with model, etc. Nothing inside to indicate that it is a genuine philips product. The installation instructions don't mention Philips. There is no name stamped on the bulb identifying any manufacturer at all. Buyer beware.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as Described!, May 31, 2011
This light is perfect! It was exactly as described and contains the HOUSING unlike others that show pictures of the housing but do not come that way. It was easily installed on our Sony KDS60A2000 TV. I am hoping that it lasts longer than the last one we ordered (from another seller). I will definitely buy again if the light lasts more than 2 years like our last one. This is a great price for this light as well!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Bulb World, June 29, 2013
I want to say that Emilio at Bulb World was a wonderful customer service person. We had to replace a bulb and he was quick & efficient and had our bulb in 2 days. WOW!!! I will recommend this web-site to everyone

3.0 out of 5 stars It works but is it a Philips - Sony lamp?, November 7, 2011
Bruce (Atlantis, Florida United States) - See all my reviews
My opinion is that the lamp fits fine, and looks like the lamp that came with my Sony. It seems to work fine . . .

But naggingly it does not have one place in the packaging, enclosed instructions, or anywhere on the lamp where it says who manufactured it.

So at the end of the purchase and delivery (which was prompt) I am not sure I got what I paid for.

Next time I will buy somewhere else and see if I can get a lamp that is clearly a Philips / Sony lamp as this one was sold to me as.

Bruce

February 25, 2012. To whomever is interested . . . It is just about four months after I purchased this replacement lamp. My opinion is that the product is not what it is represented to be and sold as. I am going to order one from the manufacturer. Problems I have noticed on the replacment lamp reviewed are are primarily lack of color quality, brightness and contrast compared to the lamp that came new with the Sony TV.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good!, June 15, 2011
Great price. The last one I purchased was a generic brand and went out before a year. I am hoping this one will last. Shoppped around and this was the best (named brand) price with housing.