1,458 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, cheap shaver
Pros:

-cheaper than buying cartridge razors like the Fusion, especially if you shave twice a day
-less irritating, once your skin gets used to it
-waterproof
-light, long lasting battery pack (I charge it once a week)
-easy to clean

Cons:

-not as close of a shave as disposable blade razors
-hard to get a close...
Published on June 14, 2012 by Land Cruiserman

3.0 out of 5 stars AT810 vs. the AT830
Bottom line: This model is very similar to the AT830, but comes in at a lower price. Unfortunately, it also comes in at a lower performance level. I think it's worth spending a bit more to get the AT830.

Published on January 25, 2012 by Comdet

3.0 out of 5 stars AT810 vs. the AT830, January 25, 2012
This review is from: Philips Norelco AT810/41 Shaver 4100 (Health and Beauty)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

On the basis of actual specifications, the AT810 and the AT830 look pretty similar. They both have the same overall form factor, use the same HQ8 heads, and offer wet and dry shaves. However, the AT830 has a pivot head that allows the whole head assembly to pivot and adjust to your facial contours. I found that made a real difference in shave quality and comfort (as described in my review of the 830).

Both models are comfortable to hold, with nicely rounded areas and an easy-to-grip surface. Both have about the same build quality - generally OK, but I am concerned about the light-weight plastic retaining system for the combs and cutters. Both also come with just the basics (shaver, charger, head cap and cleaning brush). No stand or case.

As with the 830, I was not impressed with the dry shave quality of the 810. It was irritating in the neck area (even a bit more than the 830) and struggled to get all the hairs on the jaw line. Both models were much better on the cheek area, but still (in my opinion) a notch below what a good foil shaver can do.

Performance is much better as a wet shaver. I found the 830 equaled the performance of the SensoTouch 3D, a much more expensive model from Norelco. The 810 is not as good, which I assume is due to the lack of the pivoting head. I clearly felt the difference between the two in the jaw line and neck areas. To be clear, the 810 did a decent job as a wet shaver. It's just that the 830 is better.

I appreciate a good value product, and often find that spending more to get the "next model up" just gets you some so-so bells and whistles rather than better performance. However, there are also times when spending a bit more results in a better experience. This is one of those cases. Although I'd have to recommend a foil rather than either the 810 or 830 if you want to shave dry, if you're in the market for a rotary wet shaver you'll want to skip the 810 and go for the 830.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, cheap shaver, June 14, 2012
Pros:

-less irritating, once your skin gets used to it
-waterproof
-light, long lasting battery pack (I charge it once a week)
-easy to clean

Cons:

-not as close of a shave as disposable blade razors
-hard to get a close shave on angle of jaw and neck
-big and bulky and traps water in its nooks and crannies, not the best travel shaver
-Planned obsolescence: Battery pack is not user serviceable, once it stops holding a charge, it's scrap. Also with the high cost of replacement heads at half of the cost of a new shaver, it's almost a foregone conclusion you'll be upgrading to a new one in a year or two.

In short: read the instructions, take the 20 days (I'd say a month) for your skin to acclimate, and clean the shaving heads regularly.

5.0 out of 5 stars really nice shave from this razor, March 17, 2013
This review is from: Philips Norelco AT810/41 Shaver 4100 (Health and Beauty)
I've had electric razors before, some rotary and some foil heads, but I've always returned to the blade and foam because it just seemed I would get a much closer shave. Well, I think Norelco really got it right with this model electric shaver. You do have to give it the time it wants to do the job, but I have come to believe it can match the blade for closeness and it doesn't irritate your skin like some electric shavers do. I have to admit that I was kind of skeptical about Norelco's slots and holes in the shaving head. They claim that the holes get closer to cutting off the stubble that the slots leave behind. It sounded like advertising hype to me. Well, Norelco was right. It must be the reason why the Norelco gives you such a close shave. I'm amazed how good it can shave you. It can match the blade for closeness, so I've retired the blade and don't miss it one bit. Good job,Norelco!!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a surprise, April 2, 2012
This review is from: Philips Norelco AT810/41 Shaver 4100 (Health and Beauty)
I came from using a crappy Remington to this. It's like a night and day difference. It cuts very close and doesn't irritate my skin. I like how it's very easy to clean, just run it over the tap and your done. It fully charges in one hour which is great! I will definitely use Norelco products in the future and recommend to friends. Let's see how long it lasts =D Also if you register online you get a additional 6 months on the warranty. So it's a 2.5 year warranty, not bad at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally...razor-close shave without the cuts!, April 14, 2013
This review is from: Philips Norelco AT810/41 Shaver 4100 (Health and Beauty)
I have been a long time user of electric razors primarily because my face is very sensitive. I would love the closeness of a razor blade and having the refreshing feeling you get from using shaving cream. But unfortunately shaving with a razor blade was a bloody mess for me (literally, not the British vernacular). It didn't matter if I used the best razor blade system or whatever kind of shaving cream. I really had no other option than to use an electric razor and this worked fine for me for decades. That is until my latest Norelco bit the dust and I needed to buy a new one. After reading the overall good reviews for the Norelco AT810 Powertouch with Aquatec, I figured I would give it a try even if I wasn't planning on using it with water and shaving cream. I was very pleased with how it shaved dry and would have been very satisfied if that's how I was going to use it. But one day I tried it with shaving cream....WOW!!! It worked great and the end result was getting a razor close shave. No nicks, no cuts, just close! After use, you just open up the lid and rinse out and let air dry. I also like the way the AT810 is whisper quiet. Not that it probably matters much, I used Edge shaving cream. I'm sure you could use pretty much any kind. I could not be happier with this electric razor. Now for our friends across the pond, I suppose it's fair that I should now use the British vernacular...IT'S BLOODY AWESOME!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed in this razor!, December 29, 2012
This review is from: Philips Norelco AT810/41 Shaver 4100 (Health and Beauty)
I had a Norelco razor that I had for many years. It had the gel/lotion that despensed from the razor itself and love it. Unfortunately, it died and I needed a replacement. I purchased this razor on the features of it being a wet/dry shaver, my previous experience with Norelco razors, and the high reviews that it received. From the first day, it didn't seem to shave properly and missed alot of facial hair. I read the instruction booklet and went to Philips website to see if I was doing something wrong. It says that you need to allow your facial hair time (21 days) to adjust to the razor. I used the razor for over 30 days and it still missed hair, pulled hair, split the hairs, and cut me once. I tried the razor: dry, in the shower, with lotion/gel. Nothing seemed to make the product worked like it should. I followed the instructions and even making sure the heads were clean and free from debris. A positive I can say is that it does hold a good charge. Maybe I received a lemon, but this is one razor I am not willing to try again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Really Very Disappointed !!, February 18, 2014
This review is from: Philips Norelco AT810/41 Shaver 4100 (Health and Beauty)
I had a Norelco cordless shaver of the triple head design for over 15 years and really liked and enjoyed that razor. However I can't express how disappointed I am with this electric razor. If you have more than 1 days stubble this razor is almost useless. The speed at which the blades turn is slow and anemic. It will not operate as a corded razor like the previous Norelco that I loved. This is one product where I feel like I was mislead by the reviews on Amazon. I would not recommend or purchase this razor, try another model or another brand. I feel like I wasted my money on this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great battery, November 9, 2012
This review is from: Philips Norelco AT810/41 Shaver 4100 (Health and Beauty)
I have not used this shaver with water but it does a great job dry. The shave is close and fast. What is really amazing about this shaver is the battery. It charges in about an hour and lasts around three weeks! The shaver seems to run at the same speed right up to the time the battery needs charging again. I am very happy with this shaver.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped Waorking, April 6, 2013
This review is from: Philips Norelco AT810/41 Shaver 4100 (Health and Beauty)
I had this thing for less than a month when it stopped working midshave. When it worked it performed well, but this is the second one that died on me. My wife gave me one for my birthday in December which she also bought on Amazon, although it was a more expensive model.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than ever!!! It's a remarkable shaver., October 23, 2013
This review is from: Philips Norelco AT810/41 Shaver 4100 (Health and Beauty)
I have owned three Norelco electric shavers over the past 50 years and have always been extremely pleased with the close shave and long life of each shaver. This latest purchase of the AT810 is truly remarkable! It shaves better than earlier models and is sleek in design. I don't intend on shaving in the shower so I can't recommend for that purpose. I believe I will buy a second identical shaver for a spare when travel out of town. You can't go wrong with this fine shaver.

Philips Norelco AT810/41 Shaver 4100