5.0 out of 5 stars Love it
Its a nice little trimmer and not cumbersome at all like the remington trimmers. It has a cheap little organizer but as long as your not rough with it, it shouldnt break. Another benefit is that you can rinse all the attachments under hot water in addition to brushing the hair out prior to that to ensure a very clean trimmer.

Just remember folks this is a...
Published on October 1, 2006 by F. Auguste

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable features, but NOT multi-voltage
Published on October 13, 2006 by Mark Colan

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, October 1, 2006
This review is from: Philips Norelco G380 All-in-1 Grooming System (Health and Beauty)

Just remember folks this is a trimmer not a wet blade or electric razor..it will leave a very fine layer of stubble which is fine by me. A man can still look neat if he shapes up the facial hair before reducing it to fine stubble. My shaving experience with this thing is pleasant...it does not pull hairs which is very refreshing for a trimmer. The only other device I never had/have that problem with is my braun 360 complete (parts of the year I shave, other parts of the year I trim). Its a very nice package and efficient. The only drawback is that it seems fragile...so be careful not to drop any part of this set.

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable features, but NOT multi-voltage, October 13, 2006
The all-in-one notion is useful, though it does not work as well as dedicated products. As a nose-hair trimmer, it works, but not as effectively as one I had which was dedicated to that purpose - this one takes longer to do it. As a facial-hair trimmer, it works, though it seems a little flimsy compared to an older Norelco beard-trimmer I used before the battery died. You have to be careful that the length setting doesn't change while you're using it.

The transformer is not multi-voltage. It works ONLY on 110-120 VAC (USA voltage) and NOT on 220v systems, which is the rule in Europe and common in Asia. The USA voltage requirement is not mentioned in the specifications here, or on the box, and I bought it assuming multi-voltage since the earlier Norelco trimmer had it. I may well return the product because of this problem.

If you don't travel outside of the USA, it's a reasonable jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none product that does what it says reasonably well, though a bit flimsy in use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Trimmer I've ever owned, March 13, 2008
Paul L. Sailer (los angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
With a few caveats this product does a better job than any other clipper.

I use this product to trim my mustache and beard and cut my hair.
I haven't been to a barber since I discovered I can use a clipper to cut my beard and hair many years ago.

It does a good job of cutting beard, hair or mustache.

It is very lightweight and easy to handle and travel with.

Cons: The attachments are fragile. Read the manual before using and don't force
any attachment in place. If you do things correctly you will have no problem, but if you attempt to put an attachment on backwards, or otherwise aren't careful you could break the plastic parts of the attachments. SO READ THE MANUAL AND PRACTICE PUTTING ON AND TAKING OFF THE ATTACHMENTS BEFORE YOU USE THIS. Its not hard or complicated --you just have to do it right.

It is recommended that you completely discharge the unit before charging it. That means it could easily stop in mid use. So have some kind of backup clipper to use in case this happens.

It won't shave you as closely as a regular razor. I have a beard and so don't care about this, but this probably won't substitute for a bladed razor, if you need to be shaved right down to the skin.

This will cut only a little bit of hair at a time, so you need to repeatedly use it, brush the hair away from the blades with your finger, and use it again to cut all of your hair. The end result will be great, but this requires multiple passes to cut all of your hair. This is not a problem at all, --since it only takes a second to remove the hair for each pass -- but is different from what you might expect if you are used to high powered non battery operated clippers, which can cut your hair in one swoop the way you might mow your lawn, (but don't do as good a job as this unit)

All in all I have four electric clippers and this is the one I use all the time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Norelco G380 Trimmer, July 29, 2007
I have used the product and find it handy in many ways. My older Norelco trimmer did a yeoman's job but did not have all the attachments this Model has. The only negative so far is the fact that it has to be plugged-in to charge, must be nearly discharged, and requires one to charge the trimmer for a specific period of time. The older one simply dropped into a cradle after use and used magnetic induction for recharging, very handy. I guess I'll get used to this one but it requires a bit more attention from me.

3.0 out of 5 stars useless after rechargeable battery is dead, February 22, 2011
Once the rechargeable battery is dead, the unit does not work when plugged in. Replacing the battery requires a so called professional. I could not simply open and replace with a new battery. Unit cannot be rinsed under water. Otherwise, it did work very well in cutting and trimming hair.

4.0 out of 5 stars Serves its purpose., June 2, 2007
JustJohn (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
Trims fine, holds a charge a decent length of time. Nice that it can be rinsed under water. Too many attachments that I probably won't ever use but that's not their fault. I'm satisfied with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent grooming set, May 3, 2008
NNesona (Kings Park, NY USA) - See all my reviews
don't think anything can beat this Norelco set in this price range. It's somewhat lightweight and delicate, and one needs to be careful when using it, like making sure you push the release button when pulling off a head, but all of its attachments do pretty nice job, and are quite flexible.

Something else I can say about Philips that I don't think one can say about every company, and it's their customer service. I had a previous model where the charger quit, which was still on warranty. When I emailed them about it, I got immediate response asking when it was bought, and that was all. Asked me to sent the old one back, prepaid shipping, and next thing i knew i had this new model delivered. No hassle, no BS.

5.0 out of 5 stars Welll......., November 1, 2010
My brother is a professional athlete and during their playoffs his team grew out nasty mops of hair and crazy facial hair. I bought this for him as a gag gift.

After the Playoffs and it was time to clean up I came to find out that he actually used it and loved it! He said it was much better than the kit he had and tossed his old one. He still uses this one today.

I guess this is a second hand review but if you could see the before and after pictures you would be impressed too.

2.0 out of 5 stars The G380: a questionable price for a non-upgrade to the G370..., March 24, 2013
This Philips Norelco G380 All-in-1 Grooming System isn't nearly as good as the cheaper (newer) version, the Philips Norelco G370 All-in-1 Grooming System. This one you're looking at can never be worth $80+ I've researched this G380 on Philips website and is shows that the G380 is actually older (2006) than the G370 (2010) that is much cheaper and better - I've used both.

I've used the Philips Norelco G370 All-in-1 Grooming System for almost 4 years now. And when I say I've used it, I mean I've used about 3-4 a year because I cut my own hair with it. At $15-$20 each, it is worth the price. Yes, the G370 has some faults but it just works. With that said, this review is for the Philips Norelco G380 All-in-1 Grooming System & it is almost identical to the Philips Norelco G370 All-in-1 Grooming System except for the color and the stand.

Buy the Philips Norelco G370 All-in-1 Grooming System instead of this overpriced one - the G380.

Lastly, as a product designer, I've tried to comprehend what Philips Norelco could do to upgrade the $15-ish G370 to the $80+ G380? Nothing... The only faults I've had with the G370 is that the 'spring' mechanism that allows you to vary the cutting height no longer provides the proper resistance after many uses - resulting in some varied height. Again, I used the G370 once a week to cut my hair.

One more addition is that I started to search for a 'stubble' trimmer for my face and the Philips Norelco G370 All-in-1 Grooming System works wonderfully for that! Just awesome, actually.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for the price, January 6, 2009
This was bought to replace my husband's old system, whose charger had broken. He uses it to groom his beard, not his hair. He loves it; especially that it is a constant charge. No more remembering to plug it in. It performs well. The storage rack is very handy.

Philips Norelco G380 All-in-1 Grooming System