5.0 out of 5 stars Are These the Right Replacement Heads for Your Shaver?
Amazon's product description, as of the writing of this review, says this "Replaces philips norelco hq55 shaver heads." Despite their aversion to the capitalization of proper nouns, I assume they are talking about the Philips Norelco HQ 55 Reflex Replacement Heads, which is what I had been using up until Amazon seemingly stopped carrying them.

I can confirm...
Published on September 24, 2011 by Frank G.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works fine but not a dramatic improvement
Published 15 months ago by Midwesterner

5.0 out of 5 stars Are These the Right Replacement Heads for Your Shaver?, September 24, 2011
This review is from: Philips Norelco HQ56 Reflex Plus and Micro Action Electric Razor Replacement Heads (Health and Beauty)

I can confirm these replacement heads work with the 6843XL, which is what I use. The box says to replace them every twelve months, but I've been replacing them every six. I find it's better for my skin, and the six-month Subscribe & Save delivery interval lets me roll on autopilot.

So which other razors will these replacement heads fit? I have no idea, but...

The box says they fit: 31DB, 6423, 6613, 6843, 6853, 6863, 6940.

And the box for the Philips Norelco HQ 55 Reflex Replacement Heads -- which Amazon says this product replaces -- indicates they fit the following models: 34--, 36--, 38--, 44--, 46--, 48--, 66--, 69--, 5413, 5426, 5430, 5625, 5812, 5813, 5817, 5820, 5823, 5824, 6405, 6415, 6423, 6424, 6445, 6831, 6842, 6843, 6844, 6849, 6853, 6854, 6855, 6856, 6857, 6859, 6861, 6863, 6868, 6874, 6879. The Amazon description adds: 6940, 6423LC, 6613X, 6843XL, 6853XL, 6863XL.

And finally, the Philips Norelco website says to use these HQ56 replacement heads (or the HQ55 version) with the following "Reflex Plus" shaver models: 6940LC, 6863XL, 6853XL, 6843XL, 6615X, 6614X, 6613X, 6424LC, 6423LC, 5812XL, 5625X, 5426LC, 4885, 4865, 4861, 4853, 4852, 4845, 4825, 4821, 4817, 4816, 4807, 4805, 4625, 4608, 4607,4606, 4605, 4604, 4603, 4602, 4601, 4417, 4414, 4413, 4406, 4404, 4403, 4402, 4401, 3865, 3805, 3801, 3605, 3604, 3601, 3405, 1608, 1606, 1605, 1604, 1602, 1601, 1337C, 1328, 1327, 1323, 1319, 1318, 985, 968, 965, 955, 950, 945, 935, 915, 905, 900, 895, 885, 875, 850, 835, 825, 815, 805, 800, 750, 725, 720, 715, 710, 705, 700, 665, 605, 600, 505, 501, 500, 486, 484, 482, 410, 400, 300, 200.

And finally (for real!), the Philips Norelco websites says these HQ56 heads can also be used for these "Reflex Action" shavers: 5887XL, 5886XL, 5885XL, 5867XL, 5865XL, 5864XL, 5863XL, 5862XL, 5861XL, 5855XL, 5849XL, 5848XL, 5845XL, 5842XL, 5841XL, 5825XL, 5822XL, 5821XL, 5818XL, 5817XL, 5814XL, 5811XL, 5810XL, 5803XL, 5802XL, 5801XL, 5699X, 5606X, 5605X, 5604X, 5603X, 5602X, 5601X. These shavers can also use Philips Norelco HQ5 Shaving Heads, which are still available on Amazon.

So, assuming these are truly a replacement for the Philips Norelco HQ 55 Reflex Replacement Heads, they should fit any of the model numbers listed above!

This product is made in the Netherlands.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as expected, and better than worn heads., March 30, 2012
Fit precisely into a norelco 715RL in terms of HQ4 compatibility.

Definitely a closer shave with new heads installed, then again the old blades had been in there for at least 4 years. Heads seem to wear horizontally across grill, rather than the rotating blades part, comparing to old heads.

As usual, amazon had a uncommon grocery store item for less than MSRP, and close to the price 10 years ago.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works fine but not a dramatic improvement, September 13, 2013
Midwesterner (Urbana, IL USA) - See all my reviews
My shaver is an older model, 6423 LC, with printed on it use the now superseded HQ55+ head. The HQ56 Reflex Plus heads are a drop in replacement and work fine. This is the first time I ever replaced the heads on my shaver since I got it years ago. I am sure that the new heads are sharper and if I did not shave everyday would feel a significant decrease in pull. But, because I do shave everyday pull even with my old heads was not significant. The main thing I was hoping to achieve with the new heads was reduced shaving time, i.e., fewer passes over the same area to get all the whiskers. Unfortunately, I have noticed only a minor decrease in shaving time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Norelco replacement blades, October 11, 2011
Imagine my chagrin at reading Norelco's recommendation of replacing these blades every 6 months to a year. With almost 10 years on my original blades, I was getting frustrated with my poor shaving experiences with my wonderful (at new) Norelco shaver. A new equivelent was near $200 and frankly, this shaver wasn't broken, just worn... New blades might be the answer. I got on Amazon.com and found them easily, priced competitively, and with prior experience with Amazon, I ordered them. They arrived a couple of days later (earlier than expected) and immediately went to work. I have a new shaver! for the price of the blades! Great price, great product = great experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best blades, --buy these!, March 18, 2012
There should not be any bad reviews on these great blades and
I will buy these again from this seller.
They are so sharp and cut so smooth and lasts a long time and
are a great price for these blades.
I recommend these blades to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Close shaves again, October 17, 2011
The replacement blades and grill brought new life
to my old electric razor.

This may be as good as a new again.

I won't wait so long to replace the blades again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Norelco Shaver Heads, February 12, 2012
Had to have my shaver for over 5 years an never replaced the heads. I needed new heads, so I found these on Amazon for a much better price then in the stores, so I purchased them. They are just great. Well pleased.
Richard

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, September 8, 2011
These replacement heads are high quality, and they made my old Norelco shaver like new again. While replacement every six months is recommended, I think that for occasional use they can be replaced much less frequently and remain quite effective!

1.0 out of 5 stars Have used the discontinued HQ55+ for over 10 yrs - this was the worst shave EVER!, February 2, 2014
My razor requires the HQ55+, and I purchased these as the HQ56 is the "official" replacement of the HQ56+.

It had been well over six months since I last replaced my blades, and I could feel how dull they were. I noticed frequent razor burn, irritation, and a 3 o'clock shadow after every shave.

I was very excited when they arrived, so I could have some relief for my poor shave every morning. Unfortunately, these blades were WORSE! In addition to having stubble after every shave and continued irritation, it felt like every hair was being pulled out of my face, but never cut.

I am not sure if these are knock-offs or just poor workmanship, but I was very disappointed and disposed of them after one week.

3.0 out of 5 stars hmmmm, June 22, 2014
It doesn't include the shroud like the photograph shows, it is only the blades and the rings/foils they ride in.
I put them into an ancient razor and the fit perfectly and worked well but didn't improve the shaving quality to any appreciable degree. I found that somewhat surprising as the old blades are probably 10 yrs old or more.
Since the razor itself was in great condition I got this instead of a new razor
I could probably put the old blades back in and wouldn't notice the difference

I would recommend this for someone that has a good razor with a damaged blade or foil.
Use it to repair a damaged razor.
The quality of the blades and foils is excellent.

I derated it for 2 reasons.
1) it really isn't clear that it doesn't include the shroud and the packaging certainly does nothing to remove that misconception.
2) the manufacturer recommends blade changes on a yearly or more frequent basis and the benefit is minimal.