1,043 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Might as well get the fancy one...
After seeing the overall good reviews for the Norelco NT9110, I decided to get one..."But wait" I thought, "look at this new one, it also has this nifty little mini-shaver attachment...I could really use a new beard trimmer while I'm at it too, so...hmmm, why don't I just get them both, and then A/B test them to find out which one I like better."

So that's...
Published on August 12, 2012 by Eddie

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked twice and that's it! Trash
Published 14 months ago by k3

5.0 out of 5 stars Might as well get the fancy one..., August 12, 2012
This review is from: Philips Norelco NT9130/40 NoseTrimmer 5100 (Packaging may vary) (Health and Beauty)

So that's exactly what I did, and to tell you the truth, the trimmer part on both of them really cuts about the same, that is to say they do the job nicely, and I couldn't really tell any difference between the two. I was kind of afraid the 9130, the head being detachable, might have a more gimmicky type of operation to it or something, but that was not the case at all. Except there was one thing different, and that is: the NT9130 is Quieter! And I mean like a Lot quieter too, more of a light buzz, whereas the 9110 has almost the sound of a little handheld electric hedge cutter or similar grounds maintenance tool...it puts out a pretty good racket. But lo and behold, I also have this other trimmer head to check out...so I switch em out and put that one to the test against my course week-old beard growth, and again, pretty good cut! I'm liking this! So basically to sum it all up, I would say if you don't mind springing for a few more bucks, get the NT9130, since it does just as much as the NT9110, plus it also takes care of your big Magnum P.I. mustache! And Adams Family neckline! You get a zippered case to put everything in, and it's cool it can do as much as it does on only one AA battery. And best of all, no more wily nose hairs in an uproar! Yee haw!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Stihl chainsaw of nosehair clippers, April 20, 2013
maria (Washington) - See all my reviews
I've used a ton of the rotating head versions of nosehair clippers, all with spotty results and they take forever. This thing attacks nose hair like Homer Simpson in a donut shop. Awesome.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent! I Can't Say Enough Good Things About It..., September 10, 2013
So, I had been using a rotary trimmer for years before this. I never liked it because every once in awhile, I would get one of those "am I dreaming" or "am I still alive" moments when it yanked a hair out instead of cutting it off. At that point, I could confirm "Check, I'm definitely not dreaming" and/or "Yup, I'm still alive." This Norelco product trims pain free, effortlessly, and much closer than I could have hoped for - so I could be dreaming. I only wish I had it years ago. I am going on more than 7 months of perfect operation (received ~ February 1st, 2013) on the original battery, and immediately after I bought it, my dad wanted one too. He is also going on over 7 months of perfect operation with the original battery. I use it to trim my eyebrows, hair around my ears, and of course, my nose hairs. It trims so well and so short that I don't need to use it as much as my old rotary trimmer. I wash it every time I use it (because it says to do it) with warm water while it's running, then while it's stopped, and then once more with it running again. This is probably overkill, but I like to be thorough. I see some complaints in the reviews which I am almost certain are related to being too lazy to wash it after using it. So, I'm thinking, this is something you put in an area where mucous membranes are and if mucous gets on something and is allowed to dry, it hardens. It can almost be glue like. So, the trimmer blades get covered in a glue like substance from your nose, you don't clean it, and the blades stop moving. Please tell me that you're not surprised, and please tell me you don't blame the product. What do you expect? Norelco tells you to wash it after you use it. There might be a reason why! Auto manufacturers tell you to change the oil in your car. What do you think is going to happen if you never do, or do it poorly? Bottom line, product works exceedingly well - and for some of the doubters or people who don't like it because they can't follow instructions, let me add this caveat: "It works extremely well when used as directed." I am sure there are a couple of issues every now and again. Six sigma (which I'm sure Norelco tries to apply as they are big enough to do so) is only so good when it comes to quality control, so a rare lemon is to be expected. But considering that there are several negative reviews out of only 119, I'm sure intelligence or ability to follow directions has come into play - at least to a certain extent. I'm no rocket scientist, but it doesn't take a genius to come to that conclusion. If the functionality ever changes within the next few years, I will update this review, but I have no reason to expect that it will. Additionally, if I can remember to do so, I will try to give an estimate of battery life after the time comes when I need to replace the original battery. It may not mean a whole lot as people use it differently and at different frequencies and for different durations, but at least it will give you a data point. December 2013 - It's still perfect.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for precision trimming of facial hair., November 24, 2012
This trimmer has two heads, a cylindrical one and a flat sideburn-type trimmer head. There are plastic combs that snap onto the trimming heads to control the length of trimming for eyebrows and facial hair. I use it without a comb to get close trimming of nose hair and ear hair. It works great for those, though you can save time by using some blunt nose hair scissors to clip the long nose hairs first. The flat trimming head is good for touching up your sideburns. It runs on one AA battery (included), and comes with a zippered fabric case that holds all the attachments and the trimmer itself. Good for keeping my facial hair neat and tidy.

5.0 out of 5 stars One Month In And Loving It, October 8, 2012
I have had this unit for about a month now and have used it 2-3 times a week. My favorite part about this unit is the secondary head that I was not aware I was even getting. It is a flat trimmer, similar to one you would find on a shaver that has a pop up trimmer. I use this attachment to get closer to those rogue hairs under my chin and on my neck. I also use it to clean my sideburns up. It's amazing how neat clean sideburns make you look.

This comes with a short length eyebrow trimmer attachment as well as a longer length attachment that slip over the timer shown in the picture. It comes with a zip-up bog with elastic holders for all the parts. It comes with a small cleaning brush as well.

The unit looks very nice and is extremely easy to operate. I think this is a great deal, and I see very little reason to get the older model.

Will update...

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked twice and that's it! Trash, January 4, 2014
Ordered this product even though there were reviews of it failing quickly. I thought that maybe those other reviewers just didn't take care of it like I would. However, I was EXTREMELY careful with this little guy. The first time it worked like a charm. I barely used it but it worked great. I was very careful while I used it and when I was done I put the protector cap back on and put it back in the box. Second time was exactly the same. Once again I barely used it both times. The third time it wouldn't turn on. I couldn't believe it. I tried 5 different brand new batteries to no avail. I fiddled around with it for a good 40 min. It just wouldn't work. Unfortunate. What a waste of 20 bucks.

1.0 out of 5 stars ALREADY BROKEN, ONLY 2 MONTHS OLD, LOUSY PRODUCT, April 2, 2014
Browne "Buyer1" (Dallas, TX United States) - See all my reviews
The trimmer head will not stay on the handle. The trimmer falls off, does not click onto the handle, I have to tape the trimmer head onto the handle. It is only 2 months old but I just passed the return window. I had an older Norelco that I tried to get repaired or replaced by Norcel but the cost was higher than a new one. Pretty lously customer service, terrible warranty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile and pull-free trimming., April 4, 2014
I'm going to be honest here. I didn't buy this for my eyebrows. I didn't buy it for ear hair, nose hair, or even sideburns. I bought this for my balls. And it is WONDERFUL.

4.0 out of 5 stars Big improvement over previous model., February 12, 2014
Yes, it does come with the eyebrow comb/guards. It doesn't show on the front of the box, but does on the back, and they are in the carry case. I love the interchangeable heads. I had the previous model and trying to touch up sideburns was tricky at best. Now there is a mini clipper head to do that job.

4.0 out of 5 stars Precision trimmer, February 1, 2013
I have a beard, mustache, due to advance age hairs growing out of every orifice I have. This trimmer has several attachments and they work well. It took a long time to arrive because they were out of stock. I recommend this tool because it trims the ear and nose hairs that us old folks are subject to, but it trims around the ears and trims beards really well.

Philips Norelco NT9130/40 NoseTrimmer 5100 (Packaging may vary)
$19.99 $18.95