Philips Norelco QC5130 Hair Clipper
- Adjustable comb for multiple length settings without the hassle
- High precision length settings: 10 settings up to 7/8 inch (21mm)
- Rounded blades and combs ensure comfortable cutting and styling
- Led charging light
- Corded and cordless use
- Ultra quiet, reassures and calms kids (and moms) during the haircut, no loud motors here
- Kid friendly designed hair clipper comb tips, rounded tips protect skin and ensure a comfortable cutting experience
- More compact and lighter than average clippers, made for women's hands and easier maneuvering around your child's head
- How-to dvd includes tips and tricks on cutting different kinds of styles (buzzcut, long sports cut, the fade and curly hair)
- Easy maintenance to save you time, self sharpening blades need no oil or other care
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
A few things that I like about these clippers...
1. These clippers cut really well on hair that is less than 1 inch long.
2. The clippers are rechargeable and the charge will last long enough for at least a couple haircuts. It is very nice not having to fight with a cord while cutting. If your run out of charge then you can plug in the cord and keep on cutting.
3. It has a built-in and adjustable comb attachment. It can be adjusted to ten different sizes. It is nice not having to search for the correct size attachment. You can adjust it within seconds and begin cutting. Once you set the length it stays in place and doesn't move around while cutting.
4. It comes with a two year warranty which is better than most clippers come with. Most clippers will come with a one year warranty or less.
What I don't like about them.
1. It doesn't come with any type of storage / travel case.
|Length: 1:53 Mins|
But, there are a few negative points with these clippers:
-The rechargeable battery inside is not replaceable. The instructions for the clippers instruct you how to take the clipper apart, remove the battery and properly dispose of it. But there is no mention of a way to replace the battery, because the pack is soldered to the clippers.
-No charge indicator. My Philips Sonicare toothbrush has a handy lcd indicator to show me how much charge is left. There is nothing on the clippers to indicate charge status - not even a LED that changes color (like my gameboy has). And -- by the way, the manual cautions you against repeatedly charging the battery without periodically discharging it. Fortunately, you can use the clippers with the provided cord if the battery dies while cutting hair.
-Adjustable clipper length is a single piece of plastic that slides up and down on the cutter head to determine hair length. It works okay except for tight work (mustaches). The plastic looks like it would break into several pieces if you dropped the clippers.
The bottom line is the clippers work fine, and the light weight is a asset - but the lack of a battery indicator is a real drag, and the replaceable battery is unfortunate - from a potential landfill standpoint, but also from a frugality standpoint - throwing away a perfectly functioning item just because it needs a new battery.
Charge claims 30 minutes but it was starting to bog down after 15. I did charge as directed for the first time as well. You can plug it in directly but that kinda defeats the whole cordless design.
It really starts to struggle with longer hair. Maybe this would work better if I used it every 2 weeks.
This clipper does feel cheaply made.
In 2011 while I was in Canada I purchased this clipper at a drug store and it lasted me for three whole years until the battery died. This one lasted me a mere seven months. I feel robbed and extremely disappointed because I have been an Amazon buyer for many years and something like this had never happened to me. It made me wonder if Amazon have had these clippers stored for a long time and they are selling them even though they may not be able to guarantee that the clipper's battery is in brand new condition.
I will contact Amazon and try to get an explanation from them.
***** Update *****
So I was able to contact Amazon customer service tonight and they were very understanding! They basically acknowledged that it was unacceptable for this product to die in less than a year and offered me to either replace it or send a refund to my credit card. I chose the latter as I don't feel that I can trust this hair clipper again. Top customer service from Amazon and kudos to them for that. That's why I have been an Amazon customer for more than 15 years and will continue to be one for the rest of my life.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great trimmer. I use it for haircuts and mustache trimming. I'd buy again. Is a snowy day in Des Moines on 02/03/16...Published 5 days ago by Mr. T.
Worked fine for a few months. Then promptly melted while plugged in to charge. As a general rule, I prefer that my electronics not be fire hazards.Published 1 month ago by Jay D Zimmerman
Battery life is great. I've cut my hair and trimmed by beard twice or three times and haven't recharged it yet. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Andrew Flerchinger
Love it. With so many products and so many mixed reviews, it became, like with many everyday items, a time-consuming challenge to buy a you-know-what (cen sored) razor. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Jeffrey C.