Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 22, 2012
A great piece of tech, multifunctional and ergonomical.
Rich package:
Comfortable mirror with a rubber band attached to it.
Trimming attachment - good quality blades, though not professional ones, like in Moser/Oster/Andis, but this also means that blades do not require to apply oil after each use - convenient by means of maintenance.
Big comb to make a nice haircut.
Smaller comb for precision trimming.
Shaving header/balder - three separate blades, two under the foils, one between the foils, just as in usual modern shaver. Shaves beard and mustache pretty nice, leaves no scars.
A small brush for maintenance needs.
And, of course, the device itself - very good quality plastic and rubber is used - tight grip and comfortable in use.

Looks very stylish and hi-tech.
Rotating header is a great invention! Very convenient.
Battery runs around 1h, charging very fast, Li-Ion is used.
Travel charger unit with american plug (should depend of the market, mine was for U.S.). But charger can be used in Europe, too, if you have an adapter for the plug, because charger works with any current in range ~100-240V.
Stable work so far (a few weeks of daily use).

Highly recommended for people, who is willing to make a haircut by self.
on April 28, 2014
I bought this to get a closer shave to my head/face. (Going bald in style over here! haha)
The overall product is great and of high quality. The blades seem to move around a bit at first, but they really don't. They have 1mm of forward motion if you push them while locked with your finger. However they do not move back at all, and give a very precise shave. Battery life is great as well.

The pivoting blade is actually very useful for behind the ears/back of the head and the neck. It provides an easier reach and a closer shave.

I recommend it.
on August 6, 2013
Man, this is a great product. I've been looking for an electric razor for my head, and after reading some of the reviews I decided to take a chance on it. I'm glad I did. The only way you could get a closer shave is by doing it with a straight razor. I've charged it once so far and I've used it 4 times, still going strong. If you're a guy that likes the shaved look and hates the hassle of taking a straight razor to your head, this Philips Norelco is for you.
on September 16, 2012
I was very pleased with my Philips Norelco Headgroomer. The hair length adjustment works perfect in selecting how close you want to trim your hair to your scalp. It is a very easy do-it-yourself unit. I would highly recommend this product.
on June 11, 2014
I bought this headgroomer and I have had it for almost 2 years now. I must say it was the best purchase I could have made. I have really sensitive skin and to use razors on my head gives me razor bumps and burns all the time. I use this product to shave my head every 2-3 days and it works like a charm. Just charge it, clean it, and replace the shaving head every 3-5 months depending on your usage and you should be fine. If your looking for something that works and is dependable. and your thinking about this>? just get it. You wont regret it.
on May 12, 2016
I've had this shaver for about a month now. Overall I'm pretty impressed with it. I wanted a balding shaver for my head that I could use in the shower. Several sites had recommended this shaver for that exact purpose - in fact it was one of only a couple that were highly rated and water proof. Based on these reviews I decided to take a chance and purchase the norelco.

So far I can say it was worth the investment and I'm quite happy with it. I get the bald look I want, my head is smooth and the skin not irritated.

Others have complained about the materials it was made of - I'm actually ok with the housing material. It is definitely in line with typical cordless shavers for the face. I'm expecting 3-5 years of use from this.
on February 10, 2012
I use this to trim my hair to a uniform (very short) length - haven't tried to actually shave with it. But for what I use it for it works great, powerful, fast, comfortable.
on June 16, 2013
This is an excellent product, especially for bald heads. It is a chore to shave your face and head daily. This makes the work much quicker and has the capability to trim facial hair. The shave is very close. The battery lasts several shaves.

On the downside: This my second unit. The first (bought locally, Toronto, Canada) unit's foil became unusable with a hole after three months use. Philips did not, and still does not, have a spare foil in parts stock. They said they would replace the complete unit but that was four months ago. The still have no stock of this shaver yet. It's made in eastern Europe. I couldn't wait any longer and ordered one from Amazon
on November 9, 2015
I bought this shaver and I was excited because of the swivel features and length settings (I wanted to be able to keep the sides and back of my head trimmed cleanly.)

Literally within the first two minutes of use, I got the loud squeal and the unit shut itself off. If it were just the noise, I could bear with it and keep going, but the unit shuts itself off after the squeal and renders itself useless. The little bit of my hair I was able to do was also extremely patchy. I had to wake up early and go to the barber the next morning to attempt to fix the damage.

I returned the shaver to the store less than twelve hours after purchasing it because of the problem. After reading the reviews here, it seems like this is a pretty common issue.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 22, 2013
This is a remarkably well designed and well built unit. I can't be any more satisfied with any product I've bought in the last year. This thing is really fabulous - the Philips engineers did themselves proud. I bought it after my Remington Short Cut clipper died -what a piece of junk! By contrast, the Philips Norelco clipper operates smoothly, and easily and reliably. It has a lot of flexibility and a wide range hair length adjustment using the dial on the handle or using a different comb attachment on the end. It works both on battery or plugged in and the battery does not self-discharge quickly.