|Price:||$434.49 + $6.49 shipping|
2-Year Personal Care Extended Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Delivered by e-mail, register and file claims online or by phone
- Coverage includes free repairs or replacement after manufacturer's warranty expires, with no deductibles
- Covers hardware, electrical and mechanical failures
- Coverage includes free shipping
- Fully transferable with gifts, cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
Philips Norelco Shaver 8900 (Model 1280X/42)
- Wet or dry electric shaver.
- Gyroflex 2D contouring technology provides optimal skin comfort. UltraTrack heads have three shaving tracks that catch every hair for a closer shave
- With AquaTec technology enjoy a comfortable dry shave or a refreshing wet shave.
- Pop-out trimmer for sideburns and moustache
- To help simplify your shopping experience, we recently updated this product's packaging and name: The SensoTouch 3D 1280XCC or 1280X42 is the retail package version, now called Series 8000, Shaver 8900. During the transition, you may receive the product in either old or new packaging.
- Gyroflex 3D contour-following system has three dynamic parts that independently flex outward, pivot around, and tilt inward to follow the natural contours of your face.
- UltraTrack heads cover 50% more skin surface with three shaving tracks that catch every hair.
- Aquatec technology allows you to shave wet with gel or foam for extra skin protection or dry for convenience.
- JetClean System thoroughly washes, lubricates, dries and charges to renew the shaver for a superior shave day after day.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Style Name: Standard Packaging (w/ JetClean System)
From the Manufacturer
Philips Norelco Shaver 8900
Provides an Exceptionally Smooth Shave
Philips Norelco's best shave yet, Shaver 8900 gives you the ultimate shaving experience. Its GyroFlex 3D system has three dynamic parts that move independently, flexing outward, pivoting around, and tilting inward, following the natural contours of your face minimizing pressure and irritation. Also, the UltraTrack shaving heads catch every hair in just a few strokes. Three specialized shaving tracks cover 50% more skin surface at a time. Comfortably shaving long hairs, flattened hairs, and short stubble. The Patented Lift and Cut dual blade system lifts hairs to comfortably cut below skin level. This razor gets the job done without leaving any stray hairs or stubble behind.
What's in the Box:
Shaver 8900, charging stand, luxury pouch, protective cap, power cord, and cleaning brush.
Shaver 8900 At a Glance:
- GyroFlex 3D contour-following heads adjust to every curve, minimizing pressure and irritation
- UltraTrack heads catch every hair with just a few strokes
- Premium touch-control numeric display lets you know how much power remains
- Patented Lift & Cut action lifts hairs to cut below skin level for a closer shave
- Comfortable shaving - wet or dry - thanks to the AquaTec seal
- SkinGlide shaving surface slides smoothly over your skin for a close, easy shave
Philips Norelco Shaver 8900 Features
Cordless and Ergonomic Design with Built-In Trimmer
Shaver 8900's Lithium-Ion cordless battery provides up to 60 minutes of shaving power. Fully charges in 1 hour or 3 minute quick-charge for one shave. Advanced numeric display indicates battery power and cleaning status. It has an easy-to-hold handle with an ergonomic grip for optimum control. The convenient pop-out trimmer offers ideal precision for sideburns and moustache.
Choosing a Razor
Why should I use an electric razor?
Using an electric razor is gentle on the skin and offers the convenience to shave whenever and wherever you want.
Why should I use a rotary razor?
Comfort: The Shaver 8900 rotary razor is a contour-following shaver minimizes pressure and irritation and evenly distributes pressure over your face when you shave.
Durability: Philips Norelco rotary heads are highly resistant to wear and tear and are long lasting.
Less mess: The Shaver 8900 has unique UltraTrack shaving heads that catch every hair in just a few strokes with three specialized shaving tracks: slots for long hairs, channels for longer hairs, and holes for the shortest stubble.
Comfortably Shaves Wet or Dry
With Shaver 8900, you can shave any way you want. The AquaTec seal gives you the option of either shaving with gel or foam for extra skin protection or dry for convenience. The razor can be used in or out of the shower. The low-friction SkinGlide shaving surface slides smoothly along your skin for a close shave without irritation.
|Series 8000 - Shaver 8100||Series 8000 - Shaver 8700||Series 8000 - Shaver 8800||Series 8000 - Shaver 8900||Series 9000 - Shaver 9300||Series 9000 - Shaver 9700|
|UltraTrack Shaving System||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|V-Track Precision Blades||✓||✓||✓|
|GyroFlex 3D Contouring||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Contour Detect Technology||✓||✓|
|AquaTec Wet & Dry Technology||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Personal Comfort Settings||✓||✓|
|Minutes per 1 hour charge||50 minutes||50 minutes||60 minutes||60 minutes||50 minutes||50 minutes|
|Cleaning System||JetClean System||JetClean System||SmartClean System||SmartClean System|
|Full Numeric Display||✓||✓||✓|
|Advanced UI with motion sensor||✓|
Top Customer Reviews
* Gives a great shave
* Very quiet
* Charges quickly
* Alot less irritation than previous razors. I think the fact that the heads move to the contour of your face has alot to do with that.
* Alot easier to hold
* Looks stylish, alot slimmer than previous models
My previous top-of-the-line Remington had the cleaning kit (similar to the Norelco setup). I never really liked having to buy the cleaning fluid, and changing the filters, etc. (kind of messy). But, it was a gift, so I dealt with it.
While looking at these newer Norelco units, I was already biased into feeling that I "needed" a unit with the Jet Clean system. Today, while at Costco (sorry Amazon), my wife bought me the Norelco 1280x (no cleaning kit) as an early Xmas present (it's the "Premium Edition", $169.99 after Costco's current $30 off coupon - a good deal, I thought). After using the unit, I am very pleased with the shaving performance, as well as the cleaning.
The unit cleans very easily by running hot water on the blades for a few minutes (per the manual), after which you can open up the blades (they flip up) and continue to rinse. It's recommended that you do this after every shave, but who wants to do that every morning, right before work (not me, anyway)? I can see how doing this at least a few days a week will keep the unit very clean, without the hassle and expense of dealing with the cleaning fluid. Looking forward to more clean shaves with my new shaver.
|Length: 7:33 Mins|
One thing I saw people asking about was the chrome piece of plastic making a squeaking or clicking noise when they first got the razor. That was the problem I had when I got my first one, but Amazon swapped it for a new one no questions asked basically, and the new one they provided seemed fine. If your new razor squeaks return it before use for a new one! It seems like Norelco does have a slight quality control issue with that part, although it doesn't affect functionality.
I've had the razor for over 2 years now. I still like the razor and the Jet Clean system a lot and would recommend it to friends and family. I actually did buy one for my Dad for Christmas and he really likes his too.
I wanted to mention that after 2 years of use my razor quit charging and at the same time my Jet Clean system suddenly wouldn't work (would light up the low fluid light when the fluid level was correct). I also tried charging the razor on the charging only base (only time I tried to use it) and it still wouldn't charge. I contacted Norelco's customer service online via chat and they sent me a new razor and new Jet Clean system. The beauty of all this was that it was just outside of the standard 2 year warranty, but I found out that by registering my product purchase online they added 6 months to the warranty, and my now 2.5 year warranty now started at my registration date, not my original purchase date (registered about a month after purchase).Read more ›
When it broke I didn't worry, as Philips heavily touts the great warrenty with this class of razor. So I contact them through their warranty help, and am told that they wont cover it! That parts are not covered under the warranty! Then they refer me to a website to have the razor repaired for $50! How can you tout a great warranty yet not fix a problem that is caused by a weak part of your construction? I am very upset by this as this is one of the most expensive electric razors and I expect better from the customer support area.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I use this with edge for sensitive skin and get a great shave with it, batter recharge life has dropped by 10 in 2 years from 56-57% to 46% nowPublished 8 days ago by Lowell Carlson
My dad loves it... So quite and smooth he can't even tell its on and working( but he is almost deaf )Published 9 days ago by Mark K.
Quiet, clean, smooth shave. Tried Braun, but it wasn't as quiet or clean a shave.Published 11 days ago by Robert Miller
I bought this as a Christmas gift and he has been very pleased.Published 19 days ago by Marcia Gayle Wilkins
Maybe my skin is sensitive but it this thing kind of stings my skin when I use it, especially in my neck.Published 24 days ago by Jon P.
This is the 3D shaver that you can open the rotary blades on top and wash it out. Very handy and functional. Buy it on a "lightning special" and you get a great deal. Read morePublished 1 month ago by TJAustin