5.0 out of 5 stars Great Razor!
Published on January 26, 2012 by OppositeLock

2.0 out of 5 stars Has difficulty holding charge
I've had this Norelco for more than a year now and it's never been quite the razor I had hoped it would be. The main problem is the inability of this razor to hold a charge for more than a week or so. Following the provided instructions and lettting the razor charge full overnight, I find that after a week of regular use, this razor is running about half power and thus...
Published on January 12, 2013 by Bill W

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Razor!, January 26, 2012
OppositeLock (Sparta, WI, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philips Norelco Men's Shaver System 8251 (Health and Beauty)
I received this razor as a Christmas gift this year. It replaces my 6865XL Norelco that I had for more than 12 years. The rubber grip is more comfortable in my hand than the bare plastic found on the other 8240 series razors. The new HQ9 shaving heads are great! I have owned 4 Norelco shavers, from the original 2 head shaver through the 6865XL. This is by far the best. I have very fair and sensitive skin with a light beard. In the past, the blades would pull and pinch the hairs and irritate my neck. (Still, it was a lot better than the Braun I had.) I hated to shave! With the 8251 I get no pulling or pinching, little irritation, and I get a close shave! Hooray! It rinses clean under the faucet and the trimmer works well. The shaver stand is also a nice bonus.

Why did I buy this model instead of the newer SensoTouch shavers? The biggest reason is that I wanted a razor that ran both on its batteries and on the cord. I have forgotten to recharge my razor while on business trips and it wasn't a problem because I could just plug my razor in and shave. The new "SensoTouch" razors won't allow that and the advantages of the new styling are minimal at best. Besides, this razor was less expensive.

I've used it for a month now and I am very pleased with it. Great Razor!

4.0 out of 5 stars another nice Norelco, January 7, 2012
I've had a number of triple-head elec shavers over 40 years, Norelco my favorite (although a Remington was close), and this is the best yet. My last similar unit made it 10 years. It's a fast shave & super quiet, with just a little higher frequency whine than I would like - otherwise it would have been a 5-star. A lithium battery should eliminate charging pains, my only beef with the old unit. Save your money & forget the pretty-boy shavers from braun, Panasonic (& the more expensive Norelcos too). You'll be happy with this unit.

5.0 out of 5 stars A bit better than the other models, April 21, 2012
I have at least six Norelco men's shavers, including at least three of the previous models. I have had some frustration in cleaning and resetting the shaver blades within the head due to trembling fingers. Also I have difficulty getting the lock top of the head to close on the blades. While this model does not offer much relief vs the others, I found its shaving to be more comfortable and clean. So, even if you have others now, for a better shave and new features, I suggest you splurge on yourself. Actually, with Amazon you are getting the best price,
thus saving money vs buying at Philiips online or at big merchandise/large drug stores. Highly praise the 8251.
At the same time, I seek feedback from others who may be experiencing the shaky hands/fingers dilemma.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT shaver!, December 29, 2011
purchased in december 2011. received this product 10 days after ordering. shaves very good. battery lasts a LONG time - charged it on the 5th of Dec. and haven't had to recharge yet!!! 24 days and counting and i use it every morning! the rinsing of the shaver under running water is a nice feature. u open it and rinse out the hairs under running water and let it air dry. very easy. i would recommend this product to purchase.

IT IS NOW 3 YEARS LATER (AUGUST 2014) AND THIS SHAVER IS STILL GOING STRONG!! LOVE IT. BATTERY IS STILL WORKING GREAT AND SO IS THE SHAVER. DEFINITELY A GOOD PURCHASE IF THEY ARE STILL SELLING ON AMAZON!

4.0 out of 5 stars A Close Shave, January 29, 2012
This product meets expectations. I set out to find a high quality shaver, and this certainly fits the bill. The blades are sharp, the grills have more open holes than my previous Norelcos, and the battery is long-lasting. My singular complaint is that while the shaver looks good sitting in its cradle, the charging cable must be plugged in directly, and not through the base. So you can either have an elegant display for quick shaving access, or allow it to charge, and have to unplug the cable by hand when you are ready to use it. Still, the quality is good, and the shave likewise is close.

5.0 out of 5 stars It does the job., May 9, 2013
I have a thick hair beard. Difficult for most razors to cut. This one does a good job. It is relatively quiet. Battery lasts about 2 1/2 weeks. I am glade I spent the extra money to get this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Philips Norelco shaver system is excellent., April 18, 2013
I enjoy this product and highly recommend it.
I get a nice close shave and the rubber on the handle grip is easy to grip.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quiet, smooth and close!, February 27, 2013
I LOVE it. Quiet, smooth and close shave! Battery does not indicate when it is low, but still a great buy!

4.0 out of 5 stars it does the job nicely, January 10, 2013
i am 77 years old and have used Norelco all my shaving life...and hope to continue to do so for the rest of my trip.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Razor., December 8, 2012
It was time to replace my old Norelco after 11 years. I wanted to stay with Norelco because that is all I have used over many years. I have not been disappointed. The pivoting head does make a difference with the closeness. 2 weeks into using and the charge remains strong. There are no complaints at this time.

Philips Norelco Men's Shaver System 8251