Philips Norelco T765 AccuTrim Beard and Moustache Trimmer
- Stainless Steel Self Sharpening Blades offer lifetime precision cutting
- Patented zoom lock locks into 9 different settings for your desired beard length
- Rechargeable, Cordless Unit for use without the cord.
- 10 hour charge time, charging indicator
- 60 Day Money Back Guarantee
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
1. It has a single wide-blade that is supposed to be used for both the beard and the moustache. Without a narrow-blade it is very difficult to define the line of moustache because the wide blade cuts at un-intended places too.
2. The blade is so weak that it can't be used to form the outline of the beard cleanly. Hairs outside the outline of the beard can't get a close cut.
Why 1 star--For an important thing like this, one can be either completely satisfied or completely un-satisfied, there can't be anything between the two; nobody likes to spend money and time to settle for something mediocre.
Within a week I switched to another trimmer and I like it very much. Its Wahl Groomsman XL2, I bought it at Walmart. It has dual blades; and it works great in trimming and removing unwanted hairs (the only bad thing about this is it is a bit noisy compared to Norelco T765).
I've had the t765 for about 4 months now, and I'm very happy
with it. It trims my beard and stash effortlessly, and a single
charge lasts very long. This model is a little smaller than my
last trimmer, it's very light, and fits comfortably in my hand.
If the t765 lasts half as long as my old trimmer, I'll be happy!
For $20.00 you can't beat this Norelco trimmer!
Thinking this was all just a quirk, I bought this new model to replace the one I threw out. It was a total waste of money!
The biggest issue is the lack of power in the motor. This thing, even when fully charged, will PULL the hair off your face if you trim too quickly. The blades just aren't moving fast enough. If you trim slowly you're OK. If you're in a hurry and trim quickly you're in for a painful surprise. I never had this problem with the previous model or any other beard trimmer for that matter.
The second issue I have is with the trimmer head which they supposedly "improved" from the previous model. The new head is this delicate flap that goes up and down as you turn the dial. If you don't treat your trimmer delicately (and who does?) and throw this thing in your shaving kit or luggage you just might find that you've broken this small piece of plastic and thus made your trimmer completely worthless. I also found the new head to be very poor at keeping a unified level in my beard, something that really wasn't a problem before.
Norelco has lost my business. The next trimmer I buy will be from another company. Based on many positive reviews here on Amazon it looks like Remington has some good models.
1. Even at full charge, the motor lacks power. This means it actually slows down, nearly to a stop, when trimming thick areas.
2. It trims unevenly, requiring multiple (and i mean more than five) passes in the same area to get the hairs somewhat the same length.
3. If you remove the length setter to get the closest shave possible, i.e. as a sideburn trimmer (like most electric razers come with), the blades are set so far apart that they actually pinch the skin - painful and slightly bloody.
Avoid this one at all costs.
the only downside i've experienced is that it tends to get clogged frequently and cutting efficency deminishes. so clean it as you use it, and all is well!
Pros: Very good battery Life,
lesser noise compared to other competitors,
Sizes to choose from
Blades work fine, even with very little maintaineance
Cons: There is very little maneuverability for shaping the edges of a goatee or a moustache, the blade is just too big. The hair falls down, so you would need to clean up after you are done.
Conclusion: this will trim your beard and Moustache evenly, but cant be used for shaping the edges because of its size, the size is both its advantage and disadvantage.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Still using this, must be ten years now. Of course I only trim every two weeks.Published 1 month ago by Noumenon
works great. i've had mine for years and this thing keeps me looking studly. how do I know?
ask my wife. Read more
The model numbers keep changing and I've had to buy other brands (forgot to pack it etc) but I always return to Philips/Norelco as the best of its kind for this appliance. Read morePublished on December 24, 2012 by pj hanink
Over the past five or six years I've owned two beard trimmers of this model. There are three things I want to say here. Read morePublished on October 3, 2010 by bick
Pros: Works great using daily, multiple settings, trims around ears too
It seems like most products are reducing their packaging, reducing the number of ounces for which we pay the same price, and otherwise cheapening their product at our expense. Read morePublished on September 12, 2009 by B. Young
Last year my trusty Philips Norelco T765 finally gave out. I bought the Philips Norelco T980 Turbo Vacuum Trimmer, but it fell apart on me in a few months. So I'm back to the T765. Read morePublished on August 20, 2009 by Paul E. Riek