5.0 out of 5 stars As good as Monster, a fraction of the cost
Published on January 27, 2006 by Jason Jackson

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware, item is not Philips brand
Published 22 months ago by phillips77

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as Monster, a fraction of the cost, January 27, 2006
Jason Jackson "Jason Jackson" (Rapid City, SD, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philips PH61071 6 feet Component-Video Cable (Electronics)
I bought these from Amazon last fall to connect my DVD player to my new HD. I did not want to shell out the $100 for monster cables and figured I could only lose $8 getting these. They have worked out very well! I am very impressed with the signal quality. I compared my picture recently to a friends. While we both have rear project HD sets, we have different brands of TV and DVD. He has monster cables. I did not see any difference in the appearance compared to my setup.

Save yourself the money and get these. They work great!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good build quality, works well, October 25, 2005
Ntuitive (Milwaukee, WI, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philips PH61071 6 feet Component-Video Cable (Electronics)
These work exactly as expected - the quality of my DVD playback went up considerably. I really haven't compared to other brands, say, Monster, but according to other reviews, these work just as well. One difference from other cables may be that these are not gold plated (and to be fair, the manufacturer does not claim they are), so if you are looking for specifically gold plated cables, these are not for you. But in every other sense, these are very good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Maybe I'm not enough of a geek,, May 12, 2007
This review is from: Philips PH61071 6 feet Component-Video Cable (Electronics)
But I can tell ZERO difference between this cable and a Monster that cost more than 3x more. Of course, this is noticably better than hooking up three old-style stereo RCA cables to my component video jacks (which is what I was doing before :) but when I did an experiment and hooked up my friend's $60 cable, I noticed ZERO improvement. The only way I was able to get a better picture was to start using the HDMI input.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware, item is not Philips brand, August 28, 2012
This review is from: Philips PH61071 6 feet Component-Video Cable (Electronics)
I purchased this item and recieved the CMPLE brand 318-N component cable. I purposely wanted the Philips brand cable as advertised and did not get it. I contacted seller and recieved a lame email stating that the item description may have changed and they have no control over that, so I could return the cables. The cables they did send seem to be OK and useable, but when you order a specific product you expect to recieve that product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, but can tell a difference in picture quality, March 17, 2012
This review is from: Philips PH61071 6 feet Component-Video Cable (Electronics)
I'm using these for my XBOX 360. I went back and forth between a set of "high quality" cables, and these cheaper cables, on a 47" LCD TV... There is a noticeable loss of quality if you're running at 1080 - but at 720 it becomes impossible to tell between the two...

Overall, I'd say since 720 is native for the XBOX - these cables work perfectly for that purpose. I wouldn't use these if you are trying to up-convert from 720 though... you're better off going with different cables for that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, December 6, 2010
This review is from: Philips PH61071 6 feet Component-Video Cable (Electronics)
what can you say about cables. You plug them in and they works. I would not buy any cables that cost more than these because the will not be any better. Just buy them already.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine, great price, February 23, 2008
R. Ryan (Alamo, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philips PH61071 6 feet Component-Video Cable (Electronics)
This cable was used to connect a DVD to an LCD HDTV. Perfect picture... and you cannot find a better price. There is no need to buy the high-end cables as it looks like the picture will not be high-end, just the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Perfectly, January 18, 2007
This review is from: Philips PH61071 6 feet Component-Video Cable (Electronics)
I bought 3 sets of these for my entertainment center. They work flawlessly. I laugh at people who purchase Monster Cables. These work just as good, and if you think you can tell a "difference" with Monster Cables, I challenge you to a double-blind test. You won't be able to tell any difference. My only complaint is that these cables are very thick, and hard to manuever in small quarters (i.e., through holes in the back of your entertainment center stand). If you are on a budget, these are the way to go.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sort of what I needed., June 16, 2013
This review is from: Philips PH61071 6 feet Component-Video Cable (Electronics)
I didn't know at the time of purchase that this cable didn't include sound-cables are so tricky if you're not familiar with them or if you're doing stuff without technical know-how like me. I needed a longer red/white/yellow cable to connect my Samsung HDTV to my cable DVR box. Luckily my brother knows everything about tv hookup crap and bought the missing audio cable for me. So now thanks to this cable I have a better picture, but I think there must be a different cable combo that has the audio included.

1.0 out of 5 stars Items different than advertised picture, April 10, 2013
This review is from: Philips PH61071 6 feet Component-Video Cable (Electronics)
I ordered the this item on 4/5/13. It arrived on 4/10/13. However the item is just generic cable in plastic bag, NOT Philips brand.The cable is very thin, almost the same width as composite cable (the red, white, yellow cable type). Most component cables I have were very thick and heavily shielded. This cable is no more than the composite w/ blue and green color connector instead of white and yellow. Probably would cost me more if I ship it back.

Philips PH61071 6 feet Component-Video Cable