5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me
I used it on a very old Honda Civic original cassette player . Worked as promised very good sound quality. A happy buyer.
Published on June 13, 2012 by deevle

There seems to be an increase in the number of companies characterizing and selling used, defective equipment through Amazon and calling it "new". Pavilion Electronics is one of them. How do I know this just happened to me?

Published 6 months ago by Jonathan

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me, June 13, 2012
This review is from: Pack of 2 Philips USA Ph-62050 Cd/mp3/md-to-cassette Adapter 3.5mm Plug (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars coolest invention ever!!, July 20, 2012
i LOVE this product!!! whoever created this, MAJOR kudos to you!! works with any cell phone and SUPER easy to use!! bought 2, and will probably buy a few more just in case

5.0 out of 5 stars Works in stereo!, May 21, 2012
Amazon Customer (Southern California) - See all my reviews
A great adapter! I have thrown away many others which would only work through one car speaker. Finally found one which uses the whole sound system in the car. It didn't compromise the quality of sound either ... works for us! We're happy with it :o)

1.0 out of 5 stars Pavilion Electronics Sells Used, Defective Equipment as New - Do not buy., July 21, 2014

1. First, these tape adapters came in plastic bags instead of the original packaging material. Both had fingerprints and marks on them indicating they've been used before.

2. One of them had knots tied into the wire (3 of them). This particular adapter is not balanced and sends a powerful signal to the right channel and almost nothing to the left.

3. The other adapter is balanced but makes a clicking noise in the tape deck.

So both of these are defective (but with different problems), both had various marks and fingerprints on them and both were sent in cheap plastic bags.

5.0 out of 5 stars Android to tape deck!, February 25, 2013
My wife wanted to be able to enjoy her music through the sound system of our 2007 Grand Caravan with factory DVD but could play CDs as this would supercede the DVD player for our daughter. Enter the cassette deck adapter and VOILA music streaming through her phone or from media stored on the SD card. Happy daughter, happy wife = happy life!

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable Cassette Adapter, September 17, 2012
This product works very well that I don't think I'd use the second tape that came with this order. But if for some reason I do, I don't doubt that it would work just as well as the first.

1.0 out of 5 stars Product not as represented!, August 5, 2014
I was very disappointed when I received my order, as it was NOT at all as represented as in the Seller's Amazon sale page. It did not look anything like the product for sale nor was it in an official Philips package as indicated (just in a generic plastic envelope), to assist in validating it was a real Philips brand item! I believe this is a fake/counter-fit item (maybe used too) and I intend to notify Philips Co./Brand, so they can take action! I have read other complaints in this same respect, about this Seller and this item on their Amazon sales page. I'd give it and the Seller a lower star rating if I could! There should not be a star at all for cheating Buyers. I'm not sure how Amazon can keep letting this fraud happen?

5.0 out of 5 stars Very reliable, August 15, 2014
I have tried so many of these and this is the only one that works and last. I have had those that would either stuck or keep on wanted to flip to the other side but this one doesn't do that. I use this to play Pandora from the iPhone 5. The sound which comes though the car stereo is not the greatest but it is very acceptable. I have a 2001 Mercedes that doesn't have bluetooth and this adapter works like a charm. I also use it when I make phone call. It is much easier to listen from the car speakers than the phone speaker.

3.0 out of 5 stars One worked great, one didn't. Customer service excellent., September 2, 2014
This was the best deal for quality product but when they arrived only one adapter worked properly. I didn't real need two so when I contacted Amazon they just refunded me for half the original price (the "cost" of the broken adapter) and we were on our way. Amazon still has the best customer service around. That's what keeps me coming back.
The other adapter works great in the 2001 subaru forester and is amazingly quiet. No tape noise in the speakers when there is silence either.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have a cassette deck in your car, it's nice to have., November 21, 2014
Seems like a retro piece to own but I still have a cassette player in my car so I needed it. I use it to play audio files (both books and music) from my phone through my car stereo. They are built well, it is a set of two and the first one is still going well, haven't needed the second yet. They seem flimsy but really they aren't, remember how cassettes were built, it's par for the course. Happy with them, would buy again.