5.0 out of 5 stars What you need in an MP3 player
I love music, this MP3 player has excellent sound quality, comparable to sony. I did not need an MP3 player that has a color display, I needed a small sized device for my work out and thats exactly what this thing is.
Published on December 21, 2008 by Analyzer

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Worth the $$$$
Mine crashed out after one week of use. I contacted Philips but can't get help from them. I want my $$$ back.
Published on March 12, 2009 by James D. Dilley

5.0 out of 5 stars What you need in an MP3 player, December 21, 2008
Analyzer (Cleveland, OH USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philips SA44 2 GB Flash MP3 Player with FM Radio, B&W Display, and Built-in Rechargeable Battery (Black) (Electronics)
The earphones work just fine, and the player is much smaller than it appears in the photo. Connects easily with vista, even if you don't install any software, and can be used as a flash disk.

4.0 out of 5 stars Rockin' little gizmo!, July 26, 2008
Bought this to workout at the gym.The ear buds that come with it suck,
but I anticipated that and ordered some Jabba's that rock.The controls are very intuitive and easy to use.The unit is very light. I stick it in my pocket and forget it's there.So far it's worked great. I ordered another one for my wife so she would stop stealing mine.

4.0 out of 5 stars mp3, March 28, 2009
J. Rigdon (Glengarriff, Co. Cork Ireland) - See all my reviews
Works fine so far but the manual is useless as are the headphone. Good buy for the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT!, July 30, 2009
C. DY (Yorba Linda, CA) - See all my reviews
I purchased this device more than a year ago. Still works great-never had a problem. Excellent sound quality. Very easy to use. Built in rechargeable battery lasts a long time. I use this everyday and very happy with the performance.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Worth the $$$$, March 12, 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Phillips mp3 player, March 5, 2009
Great item that is worth every cent and it's at a discount price so you can't lose. I gave this as a Christmas present and it was amazing. Contains a radio, the mp3 player itself and comes with a built in rechargeable battery that connects to your computer for charging.

4.0 out of 5 stars GOOD MPE PLAYER, I LOVE IT, April 14, 2010
I BUY THIS MP3 PLAYER ALMOST A YEAR AGO, IT'S GREAT EXCEPT FOR THE HEADPHONES WHO I HAVE TO CHANGE, BUT IN GENERALLY I RECOMMENDED IT!

4.0 out of 5 stars All I Need, July 9, 2009
This mp3 player works fine and sounds great with the headphones (Philips SHS8000 Earhook)i got. Perfect for what i needed a mp3 player for, workouts and meditation.

1.0 out of 5 stars do not buy this item!, June 29, 2008
I got this item several days ago, it takes me 10 minutes to find out I have to use Microsoft Media Player to 'sync', instead of direct copy my mp3, it is ok to me.

But it died after I manually added one of my radio station, the tiny screen frozen and no sound at all, none of buttons work, I never read any user manual carefully before but this time I did, I didn't find any solution to 'free' it.

I 'reset' it after tried all ways I could, then I checked their web site, found a new version exists, I downloaded and installed, turn on and added my radio station again, the screen frozen again!!! no buttons work.

I hope I did something really stupid, since I never thought philips make bad products, but this time they did it.

I have to return the product because the reason is simple:

It does work properly.