Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now May4th

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on June 17, 2014
I recommend this product for anyone who is seeking a quality, simple and functioning MP3 player. Truth is I did not expect much for this price, but I was truly surprised at how well it performs; downloading the music is a cinch, and the Playback and audio is crystal clear. It fits well into the armband supplied in the kit, and the headphones are great for all my audio devices. Love it!
on July 9, 2014
Pros:
Good price
Very easy to use software
Good sound
Backlit screen
Easy to download songs

Cons:
Shuffle doesn't seem to work
Songbird by Philips doesn't work at all
Case for it is flimsy

Conclusion:
This is a really great product, for the price. Its great for people who just want a music experience, and nothing more. The Songbird software, doesn't work at all, but that's probably a good thing considering its much easier just to put MP3s into the music folder. Its extremely easy to use, and a great buy.
on June 19, 2013
I love this MPS player! It's one of the best I have ever had, it's small has the screen and buttons to allow you to go thru the tracks you can create folders which is awesome because I have sleepytime music, work out music, happy music and i dont have to worry about a random song coming up in a shuffle waking me up outta my beauty sleep. i would totally recommend this to anyone who wants a player with folders to keep your music separated, and any one who likes technology, but not THAT much technology. The sound is also amazing.
on July 27, 2014
Works good and has good features (shuffle play; sleep timer; playlists; or you can set up different folders for your different genres of music, and "shuffle play" within an individual folder). The sound quality and download speed are not-so-great, but acceptable for the low price. To get the full instructions for how to use these features, you need to download the Adobe Acrobat instruction file (plug the GoGear into your computer, open the GoGear driver as a folder in Windows Explorer, download the instructions & save to your computer). The Adobe Acrobat instructions tell you how to download the Device Manager that you can use to recover the player if you have problems later. However, the printed Quick Start guide that comes in the box does not tell you to download the instructions & device manager. It comes with an arm band for sports (Velcro). I expect to use this for cycling, and I need something inexpensive so I don't need to worry about shaking it up or knocking it around.

******

P.S. - I bought this just over a month ago. It's great for cycling. It is tiny and lightweight, and the "lock" button keeps the other buttons from accidentally being pushed when it gets jostled around. Also, I played it continuously for about ten hours last time and the battery didn't give out.

P.P.S. - I dropped it on the floor and it's still going.
on August 10, 2014
Pros:
Easy, no frills mp3 player.
Compact and cheap.
Sounds very good, not great, but not bad either.
Worked easily with Linux, just drag and drop whole album folders.
Cons:
It only holds a little over 200 songs, but that's plenty for the price.
Came with 2 horrible songs that won't delete.
Came with a couple gigs of bloatware that was easily deleted.
on June 18, 2014
I purchased this music set not knowing if I will regret it or not. I just could not pass up a Philips 2gb MP3 player which includes all I need really for the summer. As soon as I received it I loved the mini design and simple format. I did not even need my Husband to do it - (He is the Computer Genius...) - Since it doesn't involve iTunes or any complicated software. I enjoy it a lot and recommend it highly.
on October 11, 2014
I bought this because I wanted to download audio books from audible.com and "Phillips GoGear Raga" units are listed as compatible with audible files. But it's not. "not all GoGear Raga players are compatible" they tell me now that I bought this specifically to play their files. Audible does not support any mp3 players that ordinary people can afford. The unit itself is fine, it plays music files well, sound is real good. Controls are confusing and not very intuitive, I still just keep hitting and holding buttons until I find one that turns the unit on. If you know how to use other Phillips players it's probably easier. The instructions have to be downloaded from the internet unless you're a 17 year old with the eyes of a hawk, they must use 5 pt font on the paper included in the bubble packaging. Very disappointing I couldn't use this unit for my intended purpose, I like my Coby mp3 with fm radio way better, and you can find them for under $20. Good Luck.
on June 11, 2014
I am totally pleased with my purchase of this kit. The Uploading and playback functions are as easy as 1-2-3, the sound is beautiful, and the the earphones and armband come into use on my daily run. I would recommend this to anyone.
on September 7, 2014
Good bang for the buck so far, software interface is common sense, audio quality is good, included earbuds are above average! overall output is not high enough to really drive Audio Technica headphones at their best.. so I ordered a Sound Blaster amp. We will see good results? I hope so. I won't buy Apple until they stop dodging taxes, goes for GE also!
on November 3, 2014
This little device has served me well thus far, but I've only had it for a couple weeks. It is nice that it comes with some earbuds and the armband. The earbuds are not high quality (although I wouldn't expect it for the price), but they serve their purpose if you choose to use them. I didn't use the armband and instead attached the player to my bra strap, which minimized swinging of the headphone wires. It is unfortunate that this is not bluetooth enabled, but there are some easy workarounds to avoid getting your hand/arm caught on a swinging wire (e.g., lace the wire underneath your shirt).

Overall, great little player for the price.