Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts for Her Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Entertainment Collectibles Shop Now DOTD

Color: GreenPackage Type: Standard PackagingChange
Price:$99.00+ Free shipping

Color: BlackPackage Type: Standard PackagingVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
What a great little speaker! Finally something that I can take with me and not be afraid of damaging. Very durable, splash-proof and can survive me dropping it when my hands are full. I think I've found my "don't go anywhere without it" summer item.

If you check out my video you'll see how compact this speaker is, along with how it looks. I also test out some of the cool features and give you a listen to the sound. Overall it's a nice speaker and definitely worth consideration if you are looking to make a purchase.
1212 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon June 27, 2012
I own a few similar sized bluetooth speakers that cost about half the price and produced far less fullness and quality of sound. In fairness, considering they were much less in cost, I got what I paid for.

The Shoqbox is very small is size and amazingly, produces a very full spectrum of sound for such a small speaker. In reflecting on home speaker design, often a small acoustical box with small speaker size is quite challenged in producing full and rich sound.

The Shoqbox really blew me away in how full and clear the sound is. It has Bass, just don't expect it to be room-shaking, but, the Bass is certainly there and noticeable. The over-all sound impression is that sound is coming from a much larger speaker source.

I use an iPhone 4 and like many other Smart devices used for audio output, you most likely have an audio equalizer function that if used correctly, can dramatically alter and improve the sound field.

In the same way you'd tweak sound for the different frequency ranges on a home receiver system, think of the Shoqbox as more just the powered set of speakers that it is and do consider the benefits of adjusting the low, mid and high ranges using your audio output device. It WILL make a world of difference in what you hear. Additionally, if you are playing iTunes, or other ripped audio sources, how you rip your audio from CD in terms of quality and compression can often make a big difference in how the ripped audio sounds as compared to the original CD audio source.

Build quality of this little "rubber covered sound tube" is superb. It seems "weather-resistant" and built reasonably rugged as the manufacture claims.

Bluetooth range for me went beyond 30 feet. Perhaps 40 and no drop-outs nor a single lose of the audio.. I have yet to see how far I can go before dropouts begin to occur, but, that said, the claim for a max of 30 feet seems very accurate, if not under-rated a bit. Again, your device often may be the limiting factor in bluetooth range using a variety of bluetooth devices to ink it to. My take is that the Shoqbox has very good quality and stable bluetooth internals.

The ability to move your hand over the sensor located on top, to allow going backward or forward in selections and tracks works like a dream. It responds immediately and seemed to work very consistently.

8 hour battery life is claimed and I have yet to see how far I can go on continuous play. (TBD).

We will probably use this less for camping and outside (beach, etc) and more so for kitchen, patio-room and nearby during many carpentry projects inside and outside my house.

The Shoqbox is not cheap at just under $170, but, I truly believe you get your money's worth with this unit. It is a winner!

First impressions are always good in a review, yet, as time goes on, "lasting impressions" are the most accurate as more and more time is spent with the product being reviewed. That said, I'll update my post as required in the future to add both positive or negative comments on performance and also, reliability, as the miles add up.

What I can say having recently put it into use, is that initially, I am quite impressed by it all around and I look forward to using it a lot.
on May 16, 2013
I use this speaker during bicycle riding.
I set it in water bottle cage.
Pairing is OK and sounds good.
Sound quality is important for me, and I can't find better speaker on bike.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 22, 2013
When I got the shoqbox speaker I was fairly impressed. It does not get super loud, but not bad for its size. The smart sensor worked well but it accidently got pressed many times so I tended to keep it turned off. The sound quality is good except for one really annoying problem. Every 3 minutes it mutes itself for a couple seconds or even pauses on its own. I'll also add that the little clip it comes with was broken. I will be returning this speaker. Maybe you will have better luck than me, but it might be a gamble.
VINE VOICEon July 15, 2012
I don't have any major complaints about this unit, but at its price point I expected a little more.

Setup for basic use is very simple: I turned it on and my phone easily found and paired with it. There's only one button, however. Turn on, turn off, check battery, or change the language. (UPDATE: The silver disc labeled "Philips" is a volume control.) Feedback consists of a tiny led on the button, beeps, and a voice that states (loosely) how much battery is remaining. A percentage or fraction would've been nice; it just says things like "there is plenty of battery remaining." In addition to the button, there's a funky motion control system, which actually works quite well: wave your hand toward the sensor to pause or unpause playback; wave your hand forward or backward over the sensor to skip to the next or previous track. That pretty much covers the controls, aside from pressing the button twice to turn the sensor on or off. There is no onboard volume control.

Sound quality is decent. I would have expected a bit better for the price; but it's good enough that I can't really complain. The audio is clear and the frequency response is relatively flat. It's just not "wow."

The stated range of 10 meters seems about right. That's the point at which the signal from my phone starts to get iffy.

I haven't tried dunking this in water or chucking it against the wall. That said, the rubberized frame and metal grilles feel solid, and the unit has a good weight. Toting it around won't be too bad, although if you keep it clipped to your belt you might have to pull up your waistband now and then.

If you're looking for top sound, you can do better for the money. But this scores points for convenience, portability and durability without giving up too much in the audio department.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 14, 2013
I wish i could give this a better rating. The sound was actually pretty decent and the bass wasn't all that bad for such a small device.
That being said after 2 hours of use i heard static and poof, burned out. Blue light was on, couldn't turn it off, couldn't charge, blue tooth sync or anything. Then the undeniable smell of burning wire.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 22, 2013
Got this as a gift for my wife and she loves it. Sounds great and easy to use. She even puts it in the bottle holder of her bicycle for wireless tunes.
on April 28, 2014
Good when it worked

-Stopped working after 5 months and Phillips wont honor the 1 year warranty. Phillips said amazon is not a authorized vendor.
Why put a 1 year warranty on the box if it not a warranty.
I wasted a hour on phone and emails, yet they said i'm out of luck even though its only been 5 months

Warranty is a complete lie.

here is the email
Dear Mike W*******,

We have received the proof of purchase for your SB7210/37. We were able to review your receipt and we see that your unit was purchased from Capital Electronics on We are sorry to inform you that Capital Electronics is not an authorized seller of Philips products so we would not be able to offer warranty assistance for your unit. Please contact Capital Electronics for warranty options for your unit. If the seller purchased the unit from an authorized Philips dealer they should be able to have the unit replaced through that dealer. We do sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.

If you have any questions please contact our customer service center 1-866-309-5962 with the following reference number: 138*****. Thank you for choosing Philips.

Have a great day!
Philips Entitlement Department
Show message history
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 1, 2014
Got this item on 3/7/14
I was in the market for a Bluetooth speaker for work. I work commercial a/c and do a lot of coil cleaning (so I get really wet, do to over spray), so the fact that it is water resistant was a big plus and the fact I could have music in the shower.

Within the first two week the sensors went out which wasn't a big deal for me due to the fact that I mostly used my iPhone headset with it to pick up calls and skip songs in Pandora.
Shortly after that I started to have problems with connecting with pairing with the Bluetooth. I Played with it for awhile and found that if I didn't have my Bluetooth on before powered on the Shoqbox I have to go it to setting and forget the Shoqbox and repair it to get it to work. Then few day later I woke up to the Shoqbox powering its self on and going through the start up mode and wouldn't power back off, so I have to turn it down to get back to sleep. The next day it was dead so I fully charged it and I couldn't get it to power it on again. Within a few hours it powered its self back on in start up mode, which I couldn't get it out of it due to the mode button not working. Okay time to go back!

Looked at Amazon site to send back but miss my 30 days by a few days so I called Phillips and they sent me to three repair shop that where either tv shops or closed. They refuse to let my send it to them or refund my money. The say that I have to keep driving around where ever they tell me till I can find someone that can fix it(Wow, nice slap in face). What happen to costumer is alway right? Or stand by your product? If you can buy at a retail store with a warranty go for it. If not move on to your next option(s). I have a few Phillips items in my house with no problems but do to the service they provide I will never and I mean never buy another Phillips product again. Sad when you can't stand buy your $100 product. P.s was really happy with the Shoqbox till it broke.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 16, 2013
Not only do I use it outside during work chores, but it makes a great speaker for the shower.
Have used it for 8 hours without the battery going dead.