5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE JUST DOESN'T DO IT JUSTICE
Published 17 months ago by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Mini speaker
This little speaker puts out great sound BUT it hisses when not in use and there is no way to turn it OFF.Taking 1 battery out does the trick but it is a pain to do it every time I use it.
Published 5 months ago by Deedra

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE JUST DOESN'T DO IT JUSTICE, August 3, 2013
This review is from: Philips SBA1610/37 Philips Silver Portable Speaker(Silver,1) (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
Love just isn't the right word for this product. Most people will shy away from this product, but I wouldn't. The sound quality on this product is simply ASTOUNDING. My brother and I were looking for a small versatile speaker for our MP3 players for our bathroom and we stumbled upon this one. We decided to try it out and see how well it worked. I had this speaker on while my windows were being replaced in my house. It worked well enough I could still hear the music over the sound of the power tools. I would definitely buy more of these to place in all the rooms of my house. Right now I have one in my living room, one in my bathroom, and one in my kitchen. You will not be disappointed, I promise.

5.0 out of 5 stars doc's response, June 7, 2013
BEST speaker system for apple,droid, or Q2 devices we have ever purchaced......and believe me when I say that, I could open a portable speaker shop with all the crap we have. THIS was the ONE

2.0 out of 5 stars Mini speaker, July 12, 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time...., December 19, 2013
I purchased this speaker thinking it should be of good quality considering it's a Philips. I couldn't have been more wrong. It worked ok for the first hour of using. After that, using the speaker for about 5 minutes consistently (hi or low volume), caused it to start crackling very badly and then the sound became very distorted. I unplugged the device and tried it again over and over, but had the same results. I put the thing back in the package and returned it.

Save your time and money. I may have had a lemon, but this thing isn't great by any means anyway. It gets decently loud, but it becomes distorted at higher volume. The bass is pretty weak compared to several other mini speakers I have had. I replaced my iSound-1686 with this piece after dropping it. The iSound is wayyyy better. There are better items to spend your money on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice small speaker to take with you, lasts a long time., July 30, 2014
Great price. It does not get very loud compared to my phone but it does have a little more boom to it then my phone. I can easily put it in my purse and take it with. It also seems to not eat up my battery as if I had my phone just playing music. Literally listened to it at the pool for like 6 hours and it didn't run out of batteries nor did my phone. Great option and small enough to put in your purse or bag to take it with you.

3.0 out of 5 stars great idea but not so great sound ., August 21, 2013
product needs to have rechargable batteries and it buzzes at low volumes even new. Could use a cable too attached permenently. had to purchase an extension to make it fit on some of the laptops. also does not play louder then the factory speakers

5.0 out of 5 stars A handy speaker!, May 21, 2014
This speaker is small, not very expensive, and a handy way to listen to my MP3 players when I prefer to not use earphones. I use it routinely when doing exercises or working in the kitchen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best for price, April 21, 2014
John "John" (Winter Haven flUSA) - See all my reviews
I've tried several small speakers over time,because my cheap computer has lousy speakers and I can't tell what it is saying!
this philips is as good as you will ever find at any price for a small speaker.

1.0 out of 5 stars It already broke!!!, March 22, 2014
I've only had about a week and a half with it and i get this weird noise all of the sudden coming out of the speakers! It was working fine. I haven't dropped it or spilled anything on it. I'm really disappointed with this product.!!

3.0 out of 5 stars It is good for a small and quiet ambient., March 21, 2014
The volume is okay. You can hear in a hotel room or at your kitchen. But you will not hear anything if you try to use it at your garden or when there are more people with you.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›