5.0 out of 5 stars If you're looking for great all-around headphones, get these!
After buying and promptly returning the Skullcandy G.I. headphones (which were about the same price as these) because they had poor sound quality, I did a little more research and decided to try these. I was not disappointed. The first thing I noticed about them was that they were extremely comfortable. The ear pads are super soft and made of leather, and are of the more...
Published on August 12, 2011 by Chris

3.0 out of 5 stars The Anti-Bud
These headphones are everything ear buds are not: they're comfortable, rich in bass, and keep noise out the old-fashioned way, by encircling the ears with large sound-insulating pads. They produce a big, strong sound from MP3 players that tend to be underpowered.

In a departure from the more rigid headsets of the past, the earpieces swivel on the headband so...
Published on April 28, 2011 by D. DEGEORGE

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Headphones!, May 14, 2012
This review is from: Philips SHL5800/28 Headband Headphones (Red/Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These headphones are comfortable to wear, fold completely flat for excellent portability, and they pack a lot of sound into them. They earcups completely cover my ears, which are pretty regular-sized. I had my music cranked and my husband could hear what I was listening to from about eight feet away, but when I turned the music down to a more reasonable volume, he couldn't hear it, and they still sounded good. I didn't think the bass was at all anemic with these headphones.

4.0 out of 5 stars Little Red Music Hoods, April 6, 2012
These striking black and red headphones produce exemplary bass and clarity of sound. I recall reading a few negative comments regarding a poor upper range and over abundant bass -- I do not agree. The high end is clear and present without being too loud or metallic. The mid-range is perfect, and the bass is ample and undistorted. The only negative I have (and, thus, the four instead of five stars) is the slightly tight fit of the headphones -- but, it's been said that I do have a rather large head. ;-) For the sound quality and low price, highly recommended!

3.0 out of 5 stars It was a good headphone while it lasted, February 14, 2012
I have had these headphones for a long time now, and might i say it was a great experience to have. The sound was amazing and the bass on it was even better. It handled all the sounds superbly, there was not one moment when i regretted buying it. UNTIL i pull the headphone jack out of my ipod that was in my pocket....Thats when stuff went so wrong. The sound stopped on the right headphone and i thought it was my ipod but i tired another Mp3 and sure enough it was the same thing. The headphone was still not working properly. So now i have to see if i will be able to fix it.

So if you are actually planning to buy this product i recommend that you have to be very very gentle with the jack

But if you do break it!!!!!
You can talk to a Phillips representative and get a new one for free, the person you talk to will talk to you step by step in order to get some new headphones.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, February 7, 2012
these were a valintines gift for my woman so im not shure exactly how well they are considering i dont have physicle acces to them but from what i hear theyre great and a great prise i must add anyway if your in the market for some nice headphones id highly recomend these

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Performance for the Price, January 12, 2012
I got these headphones as a gift for Christmas (hence not a 'verified purchase' on Amazon.com), but I felt compelled to leave a review nonetheless since I myself mainly rely on reviews for most of my purchases.

The headphones I previously owned were JVC-HAS700 which are similar in style and comparable in price. First of all, the Philips headphones are a matte graphite color (as opposed to black as in the picture). Also the padding is not a blood red color, but a slightly diluted red. Nevertheless, the color combination is very elegant and will suit unisex tastes. Also, the part that attaches directly to the headphone pads is a brushed graphite, which gives a particularly expensive look.

The performance of the headphones is mostly on par with the average reviewer. There's absolutely no shortage of bass, and treble also seems to be quite pronounced. I have tested these with various music types, everything from electronica (house, drum & bass, psychedelic, trance), to pop, lounge, and jazz. Accurate sound reproduction however, I would recommend if listening to compressed music (mp3/aac) to have them encoded at a higher quality, otherwise the difference in sound quality is easily perceived. There's also plenty of passive ambient noise isolation, which is an added bonus to having [oval] over the ear headphones.

The only feature I wish these headphones had, would be for them to fold inward to compact them even more rather than simply fold the earpads. Also, the tangle-free cord is slightly awkward and takes some time getting used to. Personally I don't find it to be THAT tangle-free of a solution, but it works more often than not. I'd prefer these headphones to have a similar cord as the Philips O'Neill line has, which is also replaceable aiding its durability (and I like my headphones to last). For the price, you can't go wrong getting these - you'll be satisfied.

***UPDATE 3/13/12: The cord isn't so much tangle-free, as it is easier to UNTANGLE. That's about the only benefit the cord has. Still very satisfied with the headphones!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Headphones, January 12, 2012
I had these headphones for a week.The sound quality is clear,loud, and thumping bass.Very good for the price.
Comfort is the best.It has soft,smooth, leather and doesn't get uncomfortable.
The durability is also pretty good.The headphones have have very strong parts,but it is not heavy, which is good.
I really enjoy these headphones.Thank you amazon!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy, classy, cheap comparitively..., January 12, 2012
Great headphones for price range. Comfortable, classy for wearing at my desk at work, and was in my price range.

5.0 out of 5 stars haedphones, January 8, 2012
great pair of head phones. very confortable, fit my ear inside them ver well. the sound is great. i recently listened to a pair of dre beats and the sound is almost as good for a 10th of the price. for only 40 dollars they are a great

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, Comfortable, and Good Value, December 15, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This headphone not only looks great, but also feels comfortable. I like the sturdy and flexible flat cable and appreciate the extension cable that comes with it, for the times when I need the extra length. The construction feels good quality and durable.

I remove one star for too much base and lack of some adjustable control switch. For those that like strong base, it would be a nice set. But I like realistic and natural sound. If I want base boost I would boost it from the music player.

In any case, for the price under $50, this headphone delivers more quality than other more expensive headphones I've owned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, November 11, 2011
Bought these for my daughter who is very picky about her headphones...and have pair after pair after pair break....these have proven to be comfortable and well made and ready to stand up to the use of a 16 year old!