5.0 out of 5 stars They work for me!
Published on October 31, 2011 by dolphin3074

2.0 out of 5 stars Poorly Constructed
Published on December 4, 2011 by MJames

5.0 out of 5 stars They work for me!, October 31, 2011
This review is from: Philips ActionFit SHQ3017/28 Sports Earhook Headset (Black/Red) (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
I ordered these to be able to occasionally run in the rain/snow - I won't be using them for swimming. I wear glasses, so comfort around the ear is essential to me - and these feel pretty good. They do not press against the ear pieces too hard and are pretty secure (don't feel loose). The ear buds do filter noises pretty well in my opinion, so be cautious with outdoors use. Although these say they are for ipod/iphones, with my Droid (original), they stop/start music which is all I really need, but they do not work for volume control - that may be different for newer android phones.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poorly Constructed, December 4, 2011
Just over a year ago, I had purchased an earlier version of these headphones. They were sturdy and had great sound quality, but the earhook was damaged accidentally. Since I had been impressed by the product and enjoyed the ipod compatibility with sound and play/pause features, I decided to look for a second pair, only to find these. Just a couple months after purchase, the earpiece snapped from the earhook. Thinking it must have been a fluke, I decided to buy a second pair. Again, just a couple months later, the same thing happened. Mind you, I am relatively cautious about my headphones and do not leave them strewn about. Needless to say, I'll be looking for a better crafted product from hear on out.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING FOR WORKOUTS!!, April 15, 2013
*Please rate if helpful*
____________________________
Update #1: April 10th, 2013
___________________________
I have now had these headphones for over a year and they still work great! I have noticed that the cord does tend to tangle a bit. One fix for that is the hold the headphones with you phone attached and let the phone spin around until all the tension is back to normal.

The sound quality has not declined since the original testing. The bass is still well defined however the highs are a little harsh once the volume gets turned up. I have noticed that (at least in my ears) wearing these for a few hours causes a slight discomfort in my ear. I would not suggest wearing these for more than an hour or two. They block out noise very well at the gym which is a great plus.

Overall, i still recommend them and i have purchased a pair for a gift.
____________________
Original Review
____________________
I bought these headphones to wear into the gym. The headphones that came with my iPhone are okay quality, but they fall out very easily when they're in your ears. These however stay in your ears very well and they have a surprising level of bass. As for the highs, they're a little harsh when you turn up the volume.

One of my favorite things about this pair of headphones is the water repellency. When you're finished working out, you can run these under the sink and wash them! That is great for for reducing bacterial growth .

Highly recommended

[Stay tuned for a video review]

2.0 out of 5 stars OK with Android phones but difficult to put on, March 2, 2012
Quincy Acklen (Charlotte, NC USA) - See all my reviews
...but as another reviewer wrote, they are terrible to put on. I also have the Philips SHH8107/28 Headset with Mic and absolutely love it (I wanted a second set for work and thought I would try these to see if the remote is better - and it is). The SHH8107/28 model is easy to put on and has great sound quality. This model is perplexing to put on as the part that goes in your ear at a bizarre angle so that the hook doesn't sit against your head... it almost wants to be on the other side of you ear. I had real difficulty keeping them from falling out until I looked in the mirror as I put them on. Once I saw how the ridiculous angle related to the hook, I was at least able to get them to stay in... but the hook doesn't really carry the weight of the cord and they don't feel secure in my ear even when I swapped the tips. And since they're in ear headphones any slight tugging on the cord (like while your running) is very loud and distracting - that's the whole point of the hook. At least these come with a clip so you can reduce the amount of movement from the cord - but then what's the point of being earhook headphones? The non-sport SHH8107 version suffers none of these problems that the SHQ3017 version has. They fit straight into your ear, the hook holds them securely and carries the weight of the cord no matter how much you bounce around.

But with this version remote works with Android phones or at least my GS2. Not in the same way as the iphone instructions, but at least there is some functionality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Niche product that satisfies its purpose, January 22, 2012
These headphones certainly do what you would expect them to. They are waterproof and durable. I needed them specifically for snowboarding, so that I wouldn't have to take my gloves off and the mp3 player out of my pocket whenever I wanted to change the track.

The remote buttons on the right headphone string is pretty high up, so it's right at neck level. This is very convenient if you keep the headphones tucked under a layer of clothes so it doesn't get in the way and allows you to still change the tracks.

The only thing I don't quite like about these, is that it's obviously designed more for use with an arm band since the string is very short, but it comes with an extension cable that makes it normal length. The two sections don't usually come apart, except when I am tucking it under my shirt.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor sound quality, December 16, 2013
I was excited to find this product as it is one of the few headphones that has an inline mic and ear hooks. Ear buds fall out of my ears regularly when I am sitting on the train, forget about walking to my office or out on a run. The cord length is great, material and construction are just fine, and the ease of clean up after a workout is wonderful. My issue with these is the main purpose of the product, sound quality. With my iPod at max volume I often have a hard time hearing what is coming out of them. These headphones need an 11 or 12 on them as they are a few shades short of desired volume.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for, December 9, 2013
Got these on a lightning deal. They're great. I can go running, do yard work, whatever, and don't have to worry about them constantly falling out of my ears. The sound is very good and they hold up to abuse. Accidentally ran them through the washing machine -- put them in a dry towel overnight and they were fine the next day.

5.0 out of 5 stars the ony sweatproof headphone., November 27, 2013
Scott E. Statler (RIVERSIDE, CA, US) - See all my reviews
these things kick ass. I use them everyday while I jog my 6 miles. after a year they are still kicking. Lets also mention that they sound great and feel great. I have tried all the other high $ sets which break or the sweat ruins them after a few uses.

2.0 out of 5 stars THEY ARE NOT GOOD, November 13, 2013
They do not fit well which therefore affects the sound quality which is making me really upset, is that enough words for this system????

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Headset, August 22, 2013
Snug fit and great sound. These fit so well that they will never fall off while exercising or running. Well made.

Rate and Discover Movies