5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect headset and mic. Great for athletes.
I have about 6 different headsets from factory Apple headsets, Nike, Seinheisser, and a few cheapies. This is the best one for me. I'm using this on my Ipod Nano 4th generation and Iphone 4.

Pros:
Published on September 1, 2011 by Timmy P.

1.0 out of 5 stars OK for the price
Published on October 2, 2012 by Nader

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect headset and mic. Great for athletes., September 1, 2011
This review is from: Philips ActionFit SHQ4017/28 Sports Neckband Headset, Colors May Vary (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)

Pros:
- Does not move or fall out of ear. This is the biggest reason why I got it. It fits nicely over my ears without falling out when I jog or jump. Apple headset buds just dont stay in my ears.
- I can control volume and skip to next song with the controller thats located about 8 inches from headset. Yes, just like the Apple headset.
- I can pick up and talk with the built-in mic. Yes, just like the Apple headset.
- Waterproof and sweatproof. The is great because a few of my other headsets soaked up my sweat and the ear pads deteriorated or fell off completely.
- Washable. I haven't done it yet but that would be helpful because I sweat a lot.
- Great sound. The bass is better than most. In some cases, I have to turn down the bass.
- Tight ear canal seal. It comes with 3 different size buds. The medium one fits perfectly. So good it actually lowers external ambient noise, much like ear plugs.
- Quick removal and insert. This is very convenient because at times I talk to people at the gym and continue to work out or jog. All I have to do is remove 1 side or both sides and it rests around my neck. When I want music again, I can quickly pop it back into my ears. You can't do that with Apple's headset because you have to hold the buds or wrap it around something.

Cons:
- Can't find anything this headset can improve on so perfect 5 stars. Great job Phillips engineer!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, September 8, 2011
Pros:
- good price
- excellent sound
- comfortable (love the multiple different sized earbuds)
- stay on my head (unlike earbuds, which I'm always having to shove into my head to keep on).
- blocks outside sounds (also a con)
- play/pause button works on my android phone (t-mobile vibrant)

Cons:
- cord conducts sounds when you're moving around (e.g., thumps while running). Probably the clip would help this--I just use other headphones.
- I'd much prefer a single 4-ft cord than the short cord + extender cord.
- ff/rewind buttons do *not* work on my android phone.
- blocks so much outside sound I'm nervous about wearing them out in the world.

Since purchasing these I'm not hardly using my sennheiser pmx80s.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Headset with excellent sound quality, AMAZON CUSTOMER SUPPORT ROCKS!!, March 27, 2012
To sum it up: go for this one if you need a good quality headset that looks stylish and also can be used with your iPhone perfectly.

this one has a very good look in your neck, and fits nice in your ears, the remote is working fine with my iPhone 3GS and my friend's iPod Touch.

one flaw that was very annoying is that mine was having an unbalanced sound between left and right, but after contacting amazon, this has been fixed by sending me another one WITHOUT REQUIRING ME TO RETURN BACK THE DEFECTIVE ONE.

I would like to STRESS on thanking Amazon customer support for their help and for being very kind in solving customer's issues.

5 stars for the headset , and 10 STARS FOR AMAZON!! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Android Compatible Too!, February 9, 2012
PseudoMe777 (Desert of Arizona) - See all my reviews
Wow, so far so good! I am using this with a Samsung GalaxySII. I purchased this knowing they were for iPhone and I may not be able to use all of the functions. They work great for making calls, using voice services, and playing music. The only things they don't do that they will do for an iPhone is skip tracks when playing music and adjust volume during music or calls. You CAN use it to answer and end calls, pause music, and start a voice service ( I use VLINGO)!

That being said, this is really a good headset w/mic. If you like the behind the head kind, get these. They fit well in my ear and don't hurt or pinch. When I use the EQ settings in my phone you can really hear the difference in sound between rock, pop, classical, etc. The bass is pretty impressive. GREAT sound! During phone calls I can hear the other person very well and they hear me without a lot of background noise. I would recommend these to anyone.

1.0 out of 5 stars OK for the price, October 2, 2012
I paid 32 dollars for this headphone on amazon , it was shipped within expected time frame but the product itself is less than steller ... I was not expecting wonders from a headphone this cheap but I was expecting a more clever design from Philips ... the cord is two piece which is totally unnecessary ... it give you two options to choose from , either too short or too long ! if they had made it one piace but like 10" longer it would be just about perfect ... the inline controls also feel cheap and again placed too low , a bit closer to the ear/mouse would have made it easier to control , it now hides itself under my running shirt collar ... in general , this headphone is spoiled by some design flaws while the sound it reproduces is great ( in this price range ) despite being water/sweat proof ... it sits very comfortably over my ears and stays in place for the entire run ( I'm a marathon runner) I also love the included silicon tips and the carrying pouch. Hope you find my review useful.

Update : Dec 15 2012 ... only after 3 months of moderate use the left earphone has stopped working ... I do not recommend these headphones to anyone

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones for running / the gym, March 20, 2012
I've tried many sets of ear buds and head phones over the years that claim to have been designed for running and these are by far the best. For years I was getting by using the over the ear hook kind but no matter what brand I bought they'd get warped over time and I'd spend 25% of my runs pushing them back into my ears. I also found that ear buds constantly jostled loose or provided a really uncomfortable fit. That is definitely not the case with these, I used them for a 6 mile run this morning and forgot they were even on. The fact that you get 3 sets of ear buds of various sizes is a great touch as is the fact you can run them under a faucet for easy cleaning (yeah I sweat a lot when I run). I also like the adjustable length cord they come with. I used to tuck the cord under my shirt when I run so it isn't flopping around in front of me the entire time, but with these I can just use the shorter cord and eliminate that all together.

All in all I'd say for the price these headphones are incredibly comfortable with solid sound and construction.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for runners, not so much for the gym, March 14, 2012
The Good:
I found these headphones to be great for running. My primary need is to for them to not only stay in, but stay still. They did this exceptionally well. The over-ear design really helps secure them, and they provide great sound. I also like how they can be washed directly under a tap. I also like using them with just the shorter cable alongside my ipod armband.

The Bad:
Don't buy these for use with the gym. You can't lie down on a bench without them bending, and the cable seems to be in a position where it gets tugged at a lot during other exercises, even though I was using the longer extension. Also, it's worth noting that the volume/play-pause buttons seem a strange shape to me. They are much less natural to press than the standard iPhone headphones I was previously using.

I bought these at retail price just before they were reduced. At $25 (the current selling price), they are a steal. Maybe not quite as much at $40.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Sweat Proof - Don't expect to last more than 40 days - Wish it didn't have the faulty volume/track buttons at all, February 12, 2013
I just wanted a headset to run 4 mi/4 times a week at the gym. My sony earbuds are great, and have lasted more than a year, but I wanted a neckband with decent bass to stay on for long runs. This Philips set became unusable in just 40 days (it was fine until just shortly after Amazon's 30-day return policy expired, of course).

1) Reason for return: sweat over 10 mins and you'll be taking these off. The volume/track buttons spaz out so the littlest tap triggers an action. Can't get through a single song without 3 or 4 interruptions. I don't even use these buttons - wish I could have purchased a unit without this extra feature, that in my opinion, attempts to justify a higher price point.

2) Wear was comfortable and remained in place for my longest workouts (1 hour)

3) Volume is very low even at the highest setting, but pretty noise-cancelling at medium volumes. Don't expect to drown out loud noises if you listen to quiet songs, however.

4) Called Philips customer services, because noticed others mentioning it in other Amazon reviews. Philips is sending a replacement (which I expect will crap out again in a month), and there is no option to exchange for a pair without the busted (imo, useless) volume/track button. I'll be going for the Sennheiser PMX 680 next.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, lightwight, good sound; not so good with glasses, controls don't work on Android phones, January 1, 2013
Michael Parker (Hurricane, Utah, USA) - See all my reviews
The Philips ActionFit headset is a great companion for my treadmill or outdoor walking. They fit snugly over my ears and into my ear canals, creating a tight and comfortable seal. The sound quality is good, but not stellar (these are workout headphones, not for audiophiles sitting on the couch). The package comes with three different sizes of earbuds to suit your individual needs. The audio cable is short for use with an armband, and comes with an extension if your phone or MP3 player is in your pocket or on your belt.

There are two downsides: First, because they fit over the back of the ear, they compete for space with eyeglasses. I've found the thicker frames on my sunglasses cause less of a problem than the wire frames of my prescription eyeglasses, which tend to stand up off the bridge of my nose when I'm wearing the headset. Second, the audio controls only work with an iPhone; they don't work with my Android phone. As long as you're aware of these drawbacks going in, this is a fine headset for workout use.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent ear buds for working out, September 18, 2012
M. G. Olson "MadSurfs" (Encinitas, San Diego, CA) - See all my reviews
great head phones for working out, especially running or activities where most ear buds fall out because you're moving a lot. these go around the back of your neck and then the ear buds sit in your ear, providing great sound even when you're bouncing around. the only bad thing about that is not being able to hear your surroundings. i was running and two others runners freaked me out because they came up from behind and passed me, but i couldn't hear them at all (only had the sound up about half way). they even have a built in mic that works good with my iphone, but again you might not want to drive with them because you wouldn't be able to hear any sirens. i like that they are sweat proof too and easy to clean. plus they have a short cord, so no tangles.