5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great! Locate & use ONLY one remote!!
Published on July 21, 2010 by Ron Folse

2.0 out of 5 stars Not much of a remote
Published 5 months ago by M. C. Wells

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great! Locate & use ONLY one remote!!, July 21, 2010
This review is from: Philips SRU4007/27 Universal Big Button 7 Device Remote (Silver/Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
This remote was purchased to use with a cable TV box type system. The remote provided by the cable company does not have additional capacity of any sort, nor is it a "learning" remote. So, I was forced to keep 2 remotes handy... the cable box remote and the original remote for the TV itself. The reason: some channels had to be re-sized to fill the LCD screen. This was very inconvenient to have to find and work 2 remotes for my system. So, I purchased this "learning" remote to do-it-all. At first, I thought it wouldn't work for me, for I was using the learning feature to learn EACH button from the cable box remote. However, near the end of "learning" all the buttons, the remote would STOP learning! I eventually concluded that it may have been running out of "memory" at that point. So, I took another route. I looked up the code for the cable box, put it in, then most all the features were "instantly" available on the Philips remote without learning each button. Then, I simply used the learning feature to learn the resizing from the TV remote, and it worked! This way, the learning remote didn't use all the "learning" memory before all the buttons were "captured." I bought 3 of these, one for each TV. I thought I would have to return them all, but after following the routine I detailed above, these remotes worked wonderfully! I've used them for almost 3 weeks now and find them very comfortable and convenient to use. The backlit button feature is nice, but I don't use it, for I usually have adequate light in the viewing room. However, the large buttons really help... especially at my age :-) I HIGHLY recommend this learning remote to everyone who wants ONLY one remote to do everything they desire!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good learning remote, October 10, 2010
It learned the devices I needed once I did a master clear. Good value and seems to do the same thing as more expensive products.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not much of a remote, March 13, 2014
M. C. Wells (Chicago, IL. USA) - See all my reviews
This remote controls very little. I own a SONY Blu-Ray DVD player and this remote control won't even turn the player's power on using all the codes given for SONY DVD players. That's right, SONY, one of the biggest companies in the business. It will turn my Sceptre TV's power on but to change channels you must use the number buttons. Using the channel scan buttons won't work at all. The volume control doesn't work with the TV at all. The same goes for all of my other AV components, very little operation.

I've been buying Philips big button universal remote controls for a couple of decades now because they are easy for me to hold and operate my equipment very well. Even my Zinwell and Tivax DTV converter boxes. I don't know why they slouched on this one. Save your money and pass this one up.

Rate and Discover Movies