5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Cleaner
I use this on my Dell 2209WA monitor, and my Panasonic HDTV. It works great for both.
The HDTV is in the living room, and my roommate smokes. After awhile, this leaves a sticky brown residue on the HDTV's screen.
The Phillips screen cleaner takes it right off, and leaves no streaks on either my HDTV or my monitor.

I was wary about spraying the cleaner...
Published on May 31, 2011 by D. Summers

I bought this hoping it would be the one solution that wouldn't screw up my LED LCD monitors. It worked great on my LG 5600, which is a 55" LED IPS matte screen. Also have a 32" Samsung tv, matte screen as well, and my kids fingerprints came right off.

Published on January 3, 2012 by M. Kim

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Cleaner, May 31, 2011
This review is from: Philips SVC1116G/27 Screen Clean for LCD/ LED/ Plasma Screens (Electronics)

I was wary about spraying the cleaner directly on the screen (as advised in the instructions) because some cleaners will run down the screen and into the monitor's housing, possibly getting on to the electronics inside the monitor.
The Phillips cleaner sprays a very fine mist that stays where you spray it, and doesn't run down the screen (as long as you don't soak the screen with it).
The cleaner is clear, by the way. The bottle is green.

The soft microfiber cloth that comes with the cleaner is 10"x10",and is fairly thick and durable. I've washed it twice now, and it's holding up fine.
It should easily outlast the supply of cleaner.
It's a standard polyester/nylon microfiber cloth, so if you ever lose it, you can easily find a replacement here at Amazon.

All in all this is a perfect solution for keeping your LCD screens clean.

5.0 out of 5 stars Philips Screen Clean made screen like new, May 24, 2011
I used this on my laptop screen. Thought that I had ruined it cleaning it with water only earlier. I'm a smoker and the screen had smudges all over it from previous attempts to clean. Could not get the smudges out. Philips Screen Clean got them all out. Laptop screen looks better than when the computer was new. Love this product! Highly recommend it! This product works!
Peter.

2.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE, works really well on TVs, WATCHOUT for computer monitors....*Update*, January 3, 2012

However, I've had past nightmares with computer monitors and other "cleaning" solutions. Even on glossy screens, you can really screw up the finish. To test it out, I tried it on 17" macbook pro and a Lenovo T420, both matte screens. Worked awesome, which was a bit of a surprise because I've tried to clean Lenovo laptop screens in the past, and they too have had instances of unrecoverable smear-age. So finally, I put it to my 2 computer monitors (BenQ EW2420's, semi-matte VA panels), and I got the same painful result as in the past. Smears and streaks.

You get into a situation where no matter how much you wipe and clean, it just seems like you're pushing the "grease" on the screen around. The second you think it looks passably clean and finish up, it all comes back again. I'm not sure what the hell is so different about computer LCD monitors, but this has been my experience with 4 separate models. BenQ, Dell, Acer, and HP's. It looked horrible, so I decided to commit, and just add more solution and keep wiping. I spent a good 15 minutes on one monitor, and to my surprise, it did get to a point where it was almost unnoticable.

Something that is completely unavoidable, is that you will never get perfectly butt up against the bezel on computer monitors, and you will always have a permanent streak/smear going around where the bezel meets the screen. All you can do is try and minimize it to a point where it's very faint.

Overall, I would have to say this product is fairly good. It does take care of my TV's well, and even does my laptops. For computer monitors, I would have to say use at your own risk.

********* Nov 2012 Update ************

So I've been using this regularly on several screens.

- 2011 17" Macbook Pro (matte screen)
- 2012 13" Macbook air (glossy)
- BenQ EW2420 monitors (matte)
- LG 55" 5600 HDTV

I just lowered my rating from 3 stars to 2 stars. My initial gut reaction to how this solution works on matte screens was not unfounded. After using for almost a year on my 55" LG, I've noticed that there are permanent/semi-permanent streaks on the TV. They're not visible at all while the TV is on, but when turned off, you can make out hundreds of streak marks left by this product.

Now, to be clear, it doesn't seem to actually impair the picture quality at all, but it just annoys me that there's streak marks that no amount of "cleaning" will get rid of. They seem to have settled long term into the anti-glare coating of the TV. I know different display manufacturers use different anti-glare coatings (Dell for instance, is notorious for using horrible anti-glare)... so that may explain why certain matte screens react fine (17" macbook pro) and some don't (BenQ and LG).

On glossy screens, this works fine, but then again, so would Windex or plain old water.

I'm surprised no one else has noticed this. To be fair, this is an issue with all "cleaning" solutions, at least in my experience. Best bet is to just try and do preventative maintenance with a dry swiffer/duster.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Cleaning Solution!, November 1, 2011
I am completely sold on this Philips cleaning solution. I have been looking for a good cleaner for awhile now. Best Buy and other retailers around town have cleaners in store, but at ridiculous prices and small amounts. I finally found this Philips cleaner on Amazon at a great price so I decided to try it out. I have used it to clean all my computer screens and the TV in my living room and it leaves the screen looking brand new. Instantly removes fingerprints and oils from matte screens and leaves a nice and clean crisp look. I have not tried it yet on a glossy screen surface, but I have no doubts that it will do just as well there too.

I was also impressed by just how much solution they give you. I was expecting a small amount to last less than a year or so. However, 6.75 Fl Oz. is a lot of cleaning solution. It will easily last up to two years.

The microfiber cloth is also large and soft. It does a good job removing dust particles and larger gunk stuck to your screen. I recommend keeping it in a plastic bag to keep dust and large particles from adhering to keep it from scratching your screen.

Amazon of course had the best pricing and incredibly fast shipping. I received my package within two days of ordering it. The frustration free packaging was great too!

I highly recommend this product. It does what it's supposed to do and does it very well. Don't hesitate if you have a dirty screen. After this you'll wonder how you lived with it for so long.

5.0 out of 5 stars The cloth in this item is the prize, December 28, 2011
I must say I doubted those who said that the solution would last as long as they did, but it's true. It only takes 2-3 sprays to clean my 10.1" Asus Eee Pad Transformer, or 4 sprays for my 17" MacBook Pro, and I can only estimate (after a few weeks) that there are hundreds and possibly thousands of sprays in the formula. Furthermore, most cleaning solutions I've used in the past leave streaks. None have really compared to a well-wrung warm-water washcloth. There are zero streaks with this stuff. It's better than a washcloth and water. It's the best screen solution I've ever had.

And the real prize is the cloth. Not only you can wash it, but it is the softest material that's come with any solution I've ever purchased. I feel no worry that it will abrade my screen. This is the best solution I've ever owned, obviously, all around.

I didn't really expect much. I am freaking pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cleaned my LED TV screen perfectly, July 6, 2012
This cleaner works great!

I smudged up the screen in a few spots when moving apartments recently. Cleaning with a micro-fiber cloth only was largely unsuccessful. I tried the tiniest bit of eco-friendly glass and surface cleaner spray onto the cloth and then rubbed onto the screen -- it left an unsightly splotch across the top of my screen. I frantically checked online to realize the error in my ways, and promptly ordered this product based on the reviews of others.

The cleaner took away the smudges and streaks from the glass cleaner without difficulty, leaving my screen looking even better than when I purchased it. I highly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars No streaks, December 27, 2011
Jordan (Hockinson, WA) - See all my reviews
My HD LED Samsung tv was amazing before but I guess we got used to the smudges. It now feels like our tv just got even more high def. No streaks, easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars This cleaner is awesome. It removes fingerprints, dust, and oils..., November 4, 2011
I purchased this screen cleaner because I just got a mac book air which has a glossy screen and picks up dust and smudges really easily. Since I spent a lot of money on a laptop I figured I should be good to the screen by purchasing a good screen cleaner. This is by far the best solution to oil and dust. I used it on my computer monitor, lcd tv, micro projector(it helped brighten up the image), ipad, and iphones. iPhones can get really oily, but after a cleaning with this solution the phone felt brand new. I highly recommend this screen cleaner. This is way better than your store brand cleaner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cleans electronics VERY well, May 17, 2011
This product cleans computers very well, not just the screens. It easily and quickly cleans screens, without leaving streaks. It even cleans my Kindle screen nicely (& the back where all my fingerprints end up). LOVE IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great flat panel cleaner and huge cloth, October 28, 2013
Bruce Sobocinski (Shavertown Pennsylvania) - See all my reviews
This works really well when cleaning monitors and tv's! The cloth is very large and very soft! I will order another when I run out!

Rate and Discover Movies