4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, excellent results
Published on September 18, 2011 by Tbay

2.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE!!
Published on February 15, 2012 by ARC

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, excellent results, September 18, 2011
This review is from: Philips Sonicare Flexcare+ with UV Sanitizer HX6992 (Health and Beauty)
I have had the Sonicare FlexPlus+ brush for about 3 weeks now and I really do like it. At first I was using a whitening toothpaste for sensitive teeth from arm and hammer. But the idea of whitening toothpaste that's good for sensitive teeth is a bit of a contradiction. I have been using this toothpaste for years, but soon after using it with the sonicare my teeth became more sensitive. This toothbrush really does scrub your teeth so be aware that you shouldn't spend too much time going over your teeth, especially with a whitening toothpaste. On the plus side, my teeth felt squeeky clean after using this toothpaste, like just as clean as coming from the dentist ... it was surreal. Do to the sentivitiy problem that is a result of combing the intense cleaning operation of this tooth brush with a whitening toothpaste I switched to Sensodyne Pronamel. My teeth don't feel as clean and they aren't as white as the used to be but at least I have the assurance that I am not going to widdle them down to the nerve and soft tissue.

The only set-back I have for this product is that even with the smaller tool it's still hard to clean my wisdom teeth the back ... the brush head barely fits, so I need to spend a little more time on my wisdom teeth in the bottom. This is most likely due to my jaw shape and giant teeth. However, I able to clean these wisdom teeth much better then before.

Now onto the DIAMONDCLEAN bit that I have discovered. The FlexCare+ is exactly the same as the diamondclean except the diamondclean has the fancy cup charger and doesn't come with the UV sanitizer. They have the exact same specifications. At first I thought maybe the batteries are different, but they aren't. They are both lithium. The have the same 31,000 strokes per minute and all the same numbers. Also, the diamondclean heads on my toothbrush. I know one of the biggest complaints was how soft the brushes got after brushing for 2 minutes. I believe the diamondclean brushes are better and I use them on my FlexCare+ brush. So don't be tricked into buying the latest and greatest because it is not any better unless you are into the "eye candy" of the sonicare diamondclean package, which I have to admit is very nice looking but since I am a utilitarian type of person I have no need for that in my bathroom.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Upgrade, October 22, 2010
M Dumas (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
The Tooth brush is the best powered toothbrush. I upgraded from the E series from a couple of years ago after the battery went. The sleek design makes brushing even more pleasurable. The battery lasts about three weeks which is great.

The brush comes with two brushes. A tiny one that is child sized and an adult sized brush. The brushes snap on very easily and come off with the same ease. The brush replacement indicator on the bristles seems to be giving me notice a bit fast, but it is not a big deal.

There are two chargers shipped with the brush. The travel and the one with the UV. The travel is simple small and sleek. It is a tiny stand with a pin that the brush rests on. The UV one is good too. The sanitized works as promised. The only gripe I have is the cord wrap at the base does not work as well as it should. There is a bit of cord hanging out after it is wrapped.

My last comment is the case. This is my reasoning for 4 stars. The toothbrush shipped with a hard plastic case. Although the brush may be protected, it is not the nice soft case the brush came with in the past that replaced the hard plastic case. Why the regression?

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended by dentist, March 22, 2012
Moanakai (Roanoke, VA United States) - See all my reviews
Dentist was selling but of course cheaper on Amazon. Love the compact head, gets into hard to reach areas, although it comes with 2 sizes/shapes. Takes up little room on vanity, love the UV light for keeping it germ-free, well worth it. Had a workable electric toothbrush but it did not have a UV light and although I had a separate UV cleaner, it didn't fit that head, plus the replacement heads were very expensive. Also the color changes on the toothbrush head (stripe) so that you know when it's getting time to replace the head and have adequate time to buy your replacements (the other model I had you had to write down the date somewhere so you knew when your 6 months were up). And, since amazon carries the heads for a reasonable price, I just tossed the old electric toothbrush. I also love the option of 4 different brush actions, but tend to leave mine on gum massage since I have peridontal problems. Nothing negative to say about this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Your teeth will thank you!, September 12, 2011
This replaced an older model sonicare. Love the settings and love that I can sanitize my toothbrush head - especially now that it is coming into cold and flu season. Definitely makes a difference in dentist visits and dental cleaning time is always so much shorter.

2.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE!!, February 15, 2012
DO NOT ORDER THIS PRODUCT!!! The brushing results were fine but the UV bulb burned out in less than a month. I have placed an order for a replacement (over $17.00 total) and have been waiting almost a month. I was just told "they are still on back order" with no delivery date available just the standard line "they should be available in 2-3 weeks". This is what they told me previously. I am very disastied with the problem of having to replace the bulb, and not being able to obtain a replacement. The customer service stinks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Total Satifaction !!!!, April 30, 2013
I want everyone to know that I am very much satisfied with my order from Sonicare, make no mistake about it. I have nothing but praise for your staff, your service, and your product, the Sonicare Flexcare tooth brush set. It puts the joy back into brushing your teeth. And yes I would highly recommend your product to anyone. Thanks again for a great product and "a job well done".

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, November 26, 2012
I bought this to replace an older Sonicare with the screw on brushes. This one is better in every way: smaller, less plastic in the brush that is thrown away, and compact travel charger. The only improvements I would suggest are a USB compatible charger (another model does have this) and the travel case could be a little thiner given the compact size of the unit.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, February 6, 2012
in love with brushing my teeth now. i saw a big difference in my teeth color the very next day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best toothbrush ever, August 30, 2013
I bought it about 2 years ago and I Love It!!!you will never regret if you purchase it.The battery died after 1 year,but the customer service was very efficient and they sent me a new one right away!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great unit, July 30, 2013
Lots of power to really clean your teeth. It's set up such that the first two weeks of use will start off at a slower rate of vibration (you can override this) to give you a chance to get used to it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›