Size: Compact (2-Pack)|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on July 6, 2012
For the longest time I was convinced that these replacement heads ("E-series") would not fit my old Sonicare brush base, which I think dates from before 2007. It is the kind where the brush head is perfectly veritical (no angle). From the Sonicare pictures I now think maybe it is one of the "Advance" series - I can't tell from the markings on the brush base itself, and the packaging is long gone. (See photos I have posted which shows the old base and head.)

At any rate, after reading someone else's review that made the claim that this replacement head would fit the older base, I decided to give them a try and found that the reviewer was right. It was such a relief, because I love my Sonicare, and those old-style replacement heads were becoming difficult to find; and when I did find them, they were outlandishly priced.

The new replacement head works just as well as the old one. If I have to replacement every three months, that's fine. I agree with other reviewers - it's a small price to pay to avoid high dental bills.
review image review image
on July 3, 2014
One worked and the 2nd one made such a loud noise I couldn't use it but by the time I tried it I was past my return 'window'. If you buy a pair of these replacement brushes make sure you try both as soon as you get them.
on October 2, 2007
I've been using a Sonicare for about a year now, and I've used both the standard and compact size heads. I found that, with the standard head, it was often difficult to adequately brush the hard-to-reach teeth in the back of my mouth. Since switching to a compact head, this is no longer a problem.

For Sonicare users who are disappointed with the standard-sized heads, I highly recommend switching the the compact heads.
on March 1, 2015
Warning, do not buy this product. I thought I was buying an OEM replacement Sonicare head but I believe these are fake. It made a nasty vibrating noise, not (relatively) silent like the OEM and did not clean teeth as well as the originals. Also, the magnet on one of the heads fell off and it started to rust after a month. The space b/w the handle and head started to turn orange from the rust accumulating from the head.

We bought OEM heads at a local store and now we are happy.
review image review image
on June 27, 2014
I've been using Sonicare for over 10 years so I have a really good understanding of brush heads that work, and brush heads that are garbage. This company must either sell knock offs or illegitimate versions because not one but both heads weren't functional after a week.

What is non functional? Basically its like an old car engine that chugs along and barely makes it up the hill. These brushes are barely vibrating and they don't have the same sound.

Highly recommend not buying from this person.
on January 10, 2015
As many others have already said, what I received appear to be either non-OEM brush heads, or were defective in some way. In my case, the bristles looked like they had been lopped off with a pair of scissors - they were less than 1/4 of an inch long and cut in a very irregular fashion. Brown cardboard packaging may or may not be from Philips... I will steer clear of these in the future. Thanks Amazon for the refund.
review image
on February 6, 2015
These are not OEM Sonicare brushes. Very disappointed. They are loud and very abrasive. The toothbrush on the left is the one I received via Amazon. The coloring is wrong, the labeling is incorrect. It is right next to an unopened package of heads from Costco. Far better deal to buy them there. Compare for yourself and you will see - these are NOT authentic.
review image
on March 28, 2016
I've used this series of toothbrush for fourteen years now.

Pros:
I used a couple tubes of whitening toothpaste way back then and it had no effect. Once I switched to a Sonicare powered toothbrush using these brush heads, I saw my teeth get a couple of shades whiter
I very rarely floss. I know I should, but I don't do it often. After switching to this brush, dentists have not told me that it looks like I don't floss anymore! I am NOT saying you can avoid flossing by using this brush, but I take it to mean that it does a way better job than my old manual toothbrush ever did
My teeth feel cleaner. For longer. Sometimes I end up needing to use an old fashioned toothbrush and I hate it. Once you switch to a Sonicare, be prepared to be a customer for life
The battery on my handle lasts about three weeks. My first handle lasted over 12 years. These are good products.

Cons
They are more expensive than the smaller style Sonicare brushes and way more expensive than standard toothbrushes
Having a charger on your bathroom counter is annoying

Bottom line:
Get a Sonicare. Maybe get the e-series or maybe get the ones that take smaller brushes. The smaller brushes are cheaper but I've not used one so I can't compare them.
on December 19, 2007
I have been using the Sonicare toothbrush for any years and am pleased with the results (though I recommend that you not press too hard as it may damage your enamel over time) My gripe is that they couldn't figure out that the brush head is not sealed well. This quickly causes a gunk build up in both the brush head base and the unit. It is almost impossible to get it into all the crevices to clean it thoroughly even with Qtips and other implements. Eventually, you see mold and bacteria developing and this is not sanitary.
I don't know if the Oral B product is designed more effectively but I'm going to check.
88 comments|9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 20, 2009
The trick with this toothbrush is, before you use it for the first time, to seal the inside of the body cavity (that the brush screws into) with silicone grease or other type of sealant to keep any moisture from entering the electronics. I've never had the water leakage problem that other reviewers refer to, and I believe it is because I sealed mine. I also used a light coat of silicone on the battery terminals to minimize possible corrosion. In Hawaii anything with batteries corrodes eventually. If you take these precautions it will last a long time and work well. I also recommend rechargeable NiMH batteries. All things considered I'm very happy with mine.
44 comments|6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse