Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

Color: Pink/Purple|Style: Pacifier|Change
Price:$4.03+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on August 25, 2011
I got one of these at the hospital, and it is the only pacifier my son has ever accepted. Highly recommend you at least try it if you haven't already. It's great, because you can stick your finger in and babies tend to latch onto it better when you do.

And they look like a suckerfish, as you can see by looking down the translucent nub. It's entertaining AND useful.

And I totally don't laugh at my child.

---------UPDATE 10/18/2013----------
My second son is now four months old and he has never once liked these pacifiers. It is true that all babies are different, and they all have mouths of different shapes and sizes. It always seems like it is awkward for him to latch onto the soothies (I've tried both the 0-3 month and next size up). They work okay if we can hold our finger there, but once we let go he spits it right out.

I am leaving my rating at five stars because they were still a lifesaver with my first-born. They are a quality product made out of a sturdy material, and the shape is brilliant (it is never going to get swallowed). I also recommend trying a few types, though. NUK is his favorite. Hope this helps!
11 comment| 186 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 1, 2015
This Phillips pacifier copies the Children's Medical Ventures pacifier design, the one given by hospitals after a newborn is delivered. We purchased the Phillips pacifier in case our newborn rejected other types. But we can already say, the Phillips pacifier isn't the same as the one issued to us by the hospital. The Phillips pacifier does not have the cutout in front of the nose, and even the slightest amount of extra plastic makes it heavier. Also, we are big on clean air and always monitor our CO2 levels. Poor CO2 levels is something that could easily cause SIDS. While the Phillips design doesn't make it drastic, it does increase it. The blockage of CO2 completing escaping the pacifier before inhaling is something we think about, because infants inhale and exhale so rapidly. This pacifier would be used as a last resort. The original overall hospital design is the one to consider, as our newborn gagged on other pacifiers after delivery, except for the hospital type.
review image review image review image review image
66 comments| 85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 7, 2012
I ordered this pacifier to use while my baby is in her car seat and swing. While she usually falls asleep after a few minutes of driving she doesn't like being in her car seat and gets really upset. The only thing that soothes her is letting her suck on my pinky but this won't work once Daddy goes back to work and I have to drive when we go out. I was reluctant to give her a pacifier since she is exclusively breastfed and I have heard pacifiers can create problems with latching. So far we have had no problems with her latch and she is calmed by this pacifier in the car or swing. Once she gets a good latch on it, which takes about 30 seconds of holding it for her, she is able to keep it in her mouth until she falls asleep. I don't plan to use this long-term. I know every infant is different but we have had success with this pacifier so far. Please keep in mind I only give it to her when she has a full tummy and needs to suck on something to fall asleep in her swing or car seat.
on September 10, 2012
Soothies are the best! My daughter has used them since birth and she doesn't know any other pacifier. By age 2 her teeth are still perfect and i don't see any indication at this point any teeth being crooked or anything like that. The pacifier is soft and a good quality, nothing your baby would chew and swallow.

Would recommend to all new mommy's and daddy's and grandmas too!

Ive seen ugly red marks on my friends babies faces from using other pacifiers..They are hard plastic so of course they do!!!!
Especially when they have been sucking on them all night!!!

Long lasting.. My daughter still has two she's had since birth and the nipple is still thick and perfect...

Great for teething

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THIS REVIEW HAS HELPED YOU WITH YOUR PURCHASE OR INQUIRY! THANKS
on February 10, 2012
This pacifier isn't an orthodontic pacifier, but that is the biggest POSITIVE in my opinion. A newborn doesn't *need* an orthodontic pacifier, a newborn needs what is going to be the most comforting, and the Soothie is the most nipple-like pacifier there is.

If you are a breastfeeding mother, and you decide to use a pacifier, please be sure to use the Soothie. The Soothie will definitely help you avoid any nipple confusion that might occur from using an orthodontic or other odd shaped pacifier.

I love the Soothie, and my son used one until we gave up pacifiers all together. I plan to use a Soothie with my daughter (expected in a couple months), and I know I will not be disappointed.
on August 24, 2011
Maybe it's just a matter of preference, but neither of my babies took to these pacifiers. I do see them lots of places though and they gave them to me in the hospital for both babies... but just didn't work out for us.
on March 4, 2015
I love these pacifiers, unfortunately, my son doesn't.
I love that these are all one piece of plastic. If you've tried different types of pacifiers then you know that some pacifiers get water, soap and dirt down in them that make them impossible to keep around for very long.
Since this pacifier is one piece of plastic all of these issues are resolved.
I ordered several different types of pacifiers to see which once my son would take to. While I would have picked this one... he didn't. :/
on January 22, 2016
My breastfed child hated these. I found one made by Tommy Tipee and since they make breastfeed bottles I assume their pacifier would work better since they made breastfeeding and he liked it 10x better.
on September 25, 2011
When my little one was discharged from her stay in the NICU, the NICU nurses threw together a bag for us with all kinds of stuff from their shelves. Included was about 30 of these. I think I'm good to go on pacifiers for the rest of her infanthood.

These little guys are great! We got several other brands of pacifiers at our baby shower, and my daughter rejects anything but these. She's not a huge fan of pacifiers in general, and only wants to take one when she is super, super fussy, or crying while she's waiting to eat. The Soothies are big enough and bold enough in color to find in the middle of the night in the crib, too, which is an extra bonus. They're also really easy to keep clean. I throw mine in the dishwasher. You can also stick your pinky finger in the little hole on the nipple part, and that really seems to be something my daughter likes a lot.

With all that said, the best part of all isn't advertised. These pacifiers are translucent, so when you put it in your baby's mouth, you can see the sucking action. It looks a bit like a lamprey, really. It's absolutely absurd and adorable. I never thought I'd find amusement in watching my kid suck on a pacifier, but it's strangely fascinating, and my husband and I both laugh at it every time. She's our little lamprey.
22 comments| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 20, 2015
Love these pacifiers for my daughter, but when I recieved them there was a hole in the end of one of them. I didn't realize this until after she had swallowed a lot of air making her very colicy for the next week. Please be aware that they may have holes. Disappointed in this purchase. Switched pacifiers.