Questions & Answers
Philips goLITE BLU Light Therapy Device
by Philips
4.1 out of 5 stars (652)
$159.90
Add to cart
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 90 questions
votes
Unfortunately the goLITE BLU uses custom batteries which are not designed to be replaced. You can still use it plugged in, though.
Feb 18, 2013 by B. Detwiller
vote
C - According to a user review I just saw on Costco.com, no it shouldn't be used if you've had cataract surgery. I'd maybe check the Phillips site to see if they have a copy of the user guide available, though. Or maybe call your surgeon and ask what type of light you can use? Good Luck!
Mar 13, 2012 by wiltl
vote
Yes
Jan 13, 2013 by B. Detwiller
vote
If you find out, please post. I tried chatting with someone at Philips instead of calling and he only pointed me to this quote at http://www.sadlightshop.com/lighttherapy/philips-golite-blu/ "Bluewave: Advanced blue LED technology Philips HF3330 Golite BLU provides the specific spectrum of light our bodies respond to. Advanced diffusion optics and less intense than 10,000-lux white light provide a soft, even light while the wider treatment field for flexibility. " Not official Philips info nor can I figure out whether it's <=> 10,000 LUX based on the wording. I'll give them a call next week when I can but it sounds to me as if they deliberately have left out this information for a reason, perhaps to avoid being classified as a medical device (?). I really don't know but it is suspicious and I want to be assured the time and money I invest in this treatment is worth it and not just a placebo effect.
Oct 5, 2014 by Robert Cohen
vote
Amy-my son also has acute anxiety and major depression as symptoms of bipolar disorder and while I know this sounds insensitive and dismissive, I really would make sure that you get an accurate diagnosis because it states that it can't be used by people with bipolar disorder which can not only come in 2 "flavors" (type 1 and type 2) but at the large teaching hospital where he's treated, they also are starting to view bipolar as being on a spectrum, much like autism. Acute anxiety and major depression are both hallmark symptoms of type 2 and while I am in no way suggesting you are bipolar, my son went into a serious hypomanic episode this past spring from taking a medication (an asthma inhaler) that had steroids in it. That wasn't a common reaction but it also isn't UNcommon so we now run everything by his psychopharmacologist. I'm just guessing that that warning that this device not be used by those with bipolar is because it may be too energizing for those with that diagnosis and throw them into a hypomanic state. I'm going to ask my son's doctor but whatever the answer is, to put that warning as kind of an afterthought on the product page is careless at best (reckless in my mind). So I would ask your doctor (bring in the product description) before purchasing this. And if anyone from Philips is monitoring these questions, please elaborate as to why it should not be used by those with bipolar.
Sep 17, 2013 by LWD01915
votes
Yes. It's a little ring that sounds kind of like a harp. And the light goes on. The person who said it doesn't have sound must not see how to get it with the buttons.
Mar 30, 2014 by Jaxx
votes
I'd say it's possible, but by the time you've found an acceptable blue light source, and outfitted it with timers that will work for you, you migh twell have spend a substantial fraction of what this unit costs, and you won't have the size and portability of this unit, not to mention the rechargability. I wondered the same thing as well, but I figured in this case it was worth biting the bullet and going for the real thing. Just my 2 cents.. ymmv.
Nov 15, 2011 by Amazon Customer
votes
It comes with a "KTec AC adaptor." Input 100-240 V, 50/60 Hz, 24-39 VA, 0.4A; Output 9.5V, 1.2A. I believe Australia is 240 V and 50 Hz, so it should be OK in that respect. HOWEVER: The plug shape is WRONG for Australia, so you might need a plug adaptor.
Sep 7, 2013 by Eichan
votes
It has a 45 day money-back guarantee and a full 2 year warrantee.
Feb 18, 2014 by William D. Norman
votes
I am really not sure but I don't believe blu light is anything like fluorescent light. Maybe a google search would help!
Mar 21, 2014 by Dawn Gerlach
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers