"Brian Johnson has written a wonderful book on optimal living that is very easy to read and has invaluable suggestions on how to live authentic, successful, loving, and happy lives. There is great wisdom in this book to help enrich anyone s life no matter what their age. I wish this book was available 40 years ago when I was just starting out on my own life journey. I whole heartedly recommend it."
- John Mackey, CEO, Whole Foods "Curiosity can kill cats but it can also create cool cats and Brian Johnson is, no doubt,the coolest cat I know. If I could install a "chip" in Chip's head that allowed me to download this book all day long, I'd do it in a minute. Or maybe not, because one of the brilliant truths of "A Philosopher's Notes" is the visceral sense of discovery you experience each time you turn the page. These notes are more than streams, they are raging rivers of wisdom and reading just a half dozen pages at a time will sustain you for a week."
- Chip Conley, Founder of Joie de Vivre Hotels and Author of PEAK
and Emotional Equations "Brilliant! Brian Johnson has a rare gift for fresh-squeezing timeless wisdom and serving it up with a grin. Every single page of this phenomenal little book is packed with life-changing insights and down-to-earth charm. Prepare to get smarter, healthier and happier from the moment you pick it up!"
- Pilar Gerasimo, Editor in Chief, Experience Life Magazine "A great resource to live life at your absolute best."
- Robin Sharma, author of the #1 international bestseller The Leader Who Had No Title "Imagine if there was a book about personal growth that captured all the great lessons of all the hundreds of other great books and teachers? Look no further, this is the book! A Philosopher's Notes reads as quick as a page-turning novel, yet is filled with great nuggets of wisdom. Johnson makes every word count but does so with wit and style. Whether you've read 'em all or are new to the self-help aisle, A Philosopher's Notes is a must-read. It's one of, if not the best I've read (and I've read a lot of them). Already excited for number two."
- Jason Wachob, creator of MindBodyGreen.com "Brian's passionate love of wisdom oozes from A Philosopher s Notes. It s infectious. Distilling ancient wisdom to its essence, A Philosopher s Notes cuts through the noise of uncertainty. Without a wasted word Brian brings modern-world relevance to often- ambiguous philosophical writing, making it accessible and relevant to us all. It truly is the modern-day guide to optimal living."
- Brendan Brazier, bestselling author of Thrive
and formulator of Vega --Reviews
About the Author
BRIAN JOHNSON loves wisdom. He also loves creating cool businesses that inspire and empower people to live their most authentically awesome lives. A few years ago Brian decided to sell the business he was running and give himself a Ph.D. in Optimal Living. He couldn't find a program that integrated everything he wanted to study from old school philosophy, positive psychology and spirituality to nutrition, health & fitness, creativity, business and modern self-development. So, he decided to create his own doctoral program.
He earned his Master's by creating an innovative company called PhilosophersNotes where he shares "More Wisdom in Less Time" by distilling the Big Ideas from one hundred of his favorite optimal living classics into fun, inspiring and super practical 6-page PDFs, 20-minute MP3s and 10-minute PNTV episodes. This book is his dissertation. Before becoming a full-time Philosopher, Brian built and sold the social networking sites eteamz and Zaadz. He enjoys spooning with his Goddess when he's not reading, hiking, creating or otherwise enjoying himself.