5.0 out of 5 stars in the aftermath of a disaster
Industrious individuals know that after a disaster the first order of business is to clear away the debris and then begin to plan for reconstruction.

Published on January 23, 2011 by Lester M. Stacey

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice philosophical book
I bough this book for my college assignment. Although I am not into philosophy I got the chance to actually enjoy the book. I needed to understand it carefully because it was for an assignment but if you just want it to be a relax book to read I still recommend it!
Published on September 4, 2012 by KarlaC

5.0 out of 5 stars in the aftermath of a disaster, January 23, 2011
Lester M. Stacey (Las Vegas, Nevada USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philosophy in Crisis: The Need for Reconstruction (Prometheus Lecture Series) (Hardcover)

Just accepting the implications of the failures of philosophy can be a disaster. One's cherished beliefs can feel threatened. It is easier and safer to refuse to accept the fact that philosophy could ever fail.

And yet, the evidence of the disaster philosophy has become mounts daily. The scandal worsens.

Humans turn in desperation to philosophy only to find a crisis underway. There is no agreement about the most fundamental principles. It is a hopeless situation.

With the exception of philosophical realism.

Defining a problem is a crucial step in the direction of formulating a potential solution.

This book defines the problem at the root of philosophy and provides guidelines for its positive reconstruction.

This is a realistic basis for hope.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice philosophical book, September 4, 2012

Philosophy in Crisis: The Need for Reconstruction (Prometheus Lecture Series)
$36.99 $24.68