5.0 out of 5 stars cleanses my face and never drys it out
Published 12 months ago by Don Sharpe

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't do the job for me
I have combination (mor eon the oily side) skin and I used this for about three months. Didn't see any improvement in acne, or any oil control of any sort. I was disappointed because of all the great reviews I saw on this product.
Published 3 months ago by Melanie

5.0 out of 5 stars cleanses my face and never drys it out, September 21, 2013
I have tried so many different face washes. I've used neutrogena, biore, proactive, clearasil, acne free, and clean and clear, but nothing compares to this facewash. I have very dry, acne prone skin and nothing I've used has worked as well as this one. It leaves my skin very soft and smooth and it really helps take the makeup off my face without any left over residue.

I use it everyday before I go to sleep and then I will apply tea tree oil (100% Pure Tea Tree Oil + Free Cleansing Bar with Tea Tree Oil) but only on the areas of my face where I have zits. I use to tend to get acne on my hairline so I would just use a cu-tip to apply the oil to those areas and now-a-days zits are very rare for me. Tea tree oil is really great for people with sensitive skin just like the Philosophy Purity Made face wash is. I've been hooked on both for a long time and until someone can find me something better, I'm sticking with what works.

5.0 out of 5 stars me and everybody else, November 3, 2011
Since this product has 132 reviews now, I can't imagine that anybody is going to read mine, but here goes anyway what the hell.

This was about two years ago. Like dozens of other people, the Purity cleanser made me break out. Worse, I was using it with the Clarsonic Mia, and I started them both at the same time, so I didn't know which to quit. Some sense of self-mutilation made me power through with both of them. To this day I don't know why I did it. This is like injuries sustained in battle. It ended up being the right thing to do because now my skin looks good-to-verygood-to-great. I use Purity with the Clairsonic morning and evening. I'm very happy with it. It gets all my makeup off in thirty seconds, and my pores are smaller, and when I go for exfoliation there isn't very much to take off.

Seriously, it took a month for my skin to adapt and quit breaking out. Just so you know.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice product, but there are other more affordable options, July 3, 2014
This review is from: Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser, 16 Ounces (Misc.)
My mom is devoted to this stuff, so when I recently saw that QVC was having a $70 special buy for two of the 32 ounce bottles, I splurged and got one for her, and one for me to try it out.

The Pros
Nice size - will last a long time
smell is nice
creamy formula
dissolves all of my makeup

The Cons
the scent is strong and I can still smell is for hours after I wash
Can leave my skin tight and dry
The price

I just don't see enough of a difference between this and any other skin cleanser to justify the steep price tag, especially when I can get 32 ounces of cetaphil cleanser for less than $17. I have also heard that the formula has changed, which, while I cannot judge that as a new user of this product, It seems that for the price, there should be a lot more oils and natural ingredients in it, instead of just standard detergents.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing makeup remover, August 29, 2014
I bought this size as a tester, but I will definitely be getting the giant bottle next. I use this stuff every day to make sure all my foundation and eye makeup comes off before I shower. It takes makeup off instantly, no more holding it against your eye and waiting for it to soak in. It feels clean and didn't dry out my skin like others that I've tried. I can't speak for it's use as an actual facial cleanser. I prefer to use a separate product to clean my face afterwords because of the film it leaves behind, but that's just my preference.

4.0 out of 5 stars Naturally refreshing, February 17, 2014
Cleans thoroughly and does not leave any residue or dry skin. Sometimes although a nice face oil or moisturizer assists.

5.0 out of 5 stars Acne-prone Ezcena skin and LOVE this, July 23, 2014
By far favorite face wash.. I break out easily and I also have sensitive skin due to ezcema and this wash saves my life. You scrub your makeup/eye makeup off and cleanse your skin all in one step! It's so easy and it's the best not having to use eyemakeup remover or wipes. You must rub your eyes for a minute or two with water with the wash to make sure all of the makeup comes off. I scrub it all off after with my Olay-Pro-X. My skin always feels soft from it too.

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't do the job for me, June 8, 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as "Pure" as you would think, June 24, 2014
Made out of more chemicals that the "Purity" title would leave you to believe. Gentle cleanser washes clean, needs more work to remove mascara.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too expensive does not fully remove makeup, June 10, 2014
I've heard a lot of good things about this cleanser and after reading some online reviews on it I decided to give it a try. I really like how it does not strip your skin and it does not leave your skin dry. However this is a too expensive product for it not to live up to the hype and my expectations. First many people rave how this product completely clears your skin of make and that it's even great to clean your make up brushes. In my opinion this cleanser did none of the above. I used this cleanser with my clarosonic brush and after washing my faces I would try to clean my clarosonic brush with it and the make would not come of my brush. I usually use a cold cream cleanser to remove my make up before I wash it so it's not like my skin is packed with make up. In my opinion there are other drug store product that are cheaper and work way better then this product. I regret wasting my money on this product.

2.0 out of 5 stars What happened?, May 21, 2014
Generally I love all things Philosophy makes. This one, not so much. The smell is awful. The price for this tiny little bottle not much more than a sample is certainly a rip off. I didn't even feel like it cleaned my face very well.

Rate and Discover Movies