5.0 out of 5 stars cleanses my face and never drys it out
Published 10 months ago by Don Sharpe

2.0 out of 5 stars Made me break out
Published 12 months ago by OCMama

5.0 out of 5 stars cleanses my face and never drys it out, September 21, 2013
This review is from: Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser, 8 Ounce (Misc.)
I have tried so many different face washes. I've used neutrogena, biore, proactive, clearasil, acne free, and clean and clear, but nothing compares to this facewash. I have very dry, acne prone skin and nothing I've used has worked as well as this one. It leaves my skin very soft and smooth and it really helps take the makeup off my face without any left over residue.

I use it everyday before I go to sleep and then I will apply tea tree oil (100% Pure Tea Tree Oil + Free Cleansing Bar with Tea Tree Oil) but only on the areas of my face where I have zits. I use to tend to get acne on my hairline so I would just use a cu-tip to apply the oil to those areas and now-a-days zits are very rare for me. Tea tree oil is really great for people with sensitive skin just like the Philosophy Purity Made face wash is. I've been hooked on both for a long time and until someone can find me something better, I'm sticking with what works.

5.0 out of 5 stars me and everybody else, November 3, 2011
Since this product has 132 reviews now, I can't imagine that anybody is going to read mine, but here goes anyway what the hell.

This was about two years ago. Like dozens of other people, the Purity cleanser made me break out. Worse, I was using it with the Clarsonic Mia, and I started them both at the same time, so I didn't know which to quit. Some sense of self-mutilation made me power through with both of them. To this day I don't know why I did it. This is like injuries sustained in battle. It ended up being the right thing to do because now my skin looks good-to-verygood-to-great. I use Purity with the Clairsonic morning and evening. I'm very happy with it. It gets all my makeup off in thirty seconds, and my pores are smaller, and when I go for exfoliation there isn't very much to take off.

Seriously, it took a month for my skin to adapt and quit breaking out. Just so you know.

4.0 out of 5 stars There's a trick to using it on sensitive skin, September 1, 2013
The manufacturer recommends using a "quarter-size amount", but don't listen to them! I was getting weirdly varying results with this cleanser (smooth, fresh-looking skin with one washing, clogged, dehydrated, angry-looking skin with another) until I started using a teeny, tiny pea-sized amount (if that, really). Experiment with it, water it down and try using the least amount possible, even if it feels like you're mostly rubbing water into your face. This cleanser is so highly concentrated, I promise you'll need far less than you think.

I love it to death...in extreme moderation! And for that reason, I can't use it with my Clarisonic Mia. (Boo!) Hence knocking off one star, because it's a little tricky to use if you've got uber-sensitive skin.

It's now my go-to AM cleanser, and Skinceuticals Purifying Cleansing Gel is my PM cleanser (containing glycolic acid) that I pair with the Mia for awesome results. I highly recommend both cleansers for sensitive, aging, acne-prone skin.

2.0 out of 5 stars Made me break out, July 17, 2013
I was leaving for a trip and ran out of my reg. product. I picked this up at ULTA after reading all the good reviews. Within 2 days my face was breaking out like crazy! Cystic acne all over my chin. My husband (who arrived 2wks after us) brought along some of my reg. cleaner (thank GOD!) and my acne cleared up. I want to love this product, but I cant, and I ended up giving the bottle to my sister to try out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Naturally refreshing, February 17, 2014
Cleans thoroughly and does not leave any residue or dry skin. Sometimes although a nice face oil or moisturizer assists.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great face wash, January 13, 2014
I have used many types of faces washes trying to find one that cleanses my face well and does not dry or irritate my skin. I read that this one can be drying which concerned me since I can have sometimes sensitive with combo skin. I am very happy I went ahead with this purchase. It works perfectly for me. It gets my makeup off and makes my face look brighter. The only thing I have trouble getting off with this is mascara, but that has always been an issue for me no matter what face wash I use. I just use face wipes for sensitive skin to get my mascara off. This has not dried out my skin or caused a reaction, and I have never noticed that tight feeling after washing that some face washes cause.

Very happy that I found this for myself and will continue to repurchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great brand! Gentle on skin but not on the dirt that's building on it!, December 5, 2013
Jimmy Lin (Irvine, California, US) - See all my reviews
Makes my face feel so smooth after use. I'm starting to trust this brand more and more. I've used this daily to get rid of oil and dirt. It doesn't leave my skin dry or flaky. It leaves the right amount of moisture in my skin when I use it! USE IT!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the price, November 18, 2013
Love this stuff, have been using for years. Does a good job removing makeup as well as mascara. Doesn't dry my skin out. Just takes some getting used to since it doesn't foam like most cleansers.

3.0 out of 5 stars An okay cleanser, January 18, 2014
AnnML (Phoenix, AZ) - See all my reviews
This cleanser comes with a lot of hype and an almost religious following. Not sure why. It's an average / okay cleanser that is no better than any normal cleanser, in my opinion. I don't think it does a good job taking off mascara, btw - which it's supposed to do easily. It doesn't.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply The Best!, September 27, 2013
I've been using this product for years and will never use anything else. Not only does it remove all makeup (including mascara)it absolutely leaves your skin beautiful, clean and soft. I've never had a break out, dryness or itchy skin after using. I've tried other products just to make a comparison, and have always gone back to Purity. I highly recommend!

Rate and Discover Movies