5.0 out of 5 stars cleanses my face and never drys it out
Published 7 months ago by Don Sharpe

3.0 out of 5 stars An okay cleanser
This cleanser comes with a lot of hype and an almost religious following. Not sure why. It's an average / okay cleanser that is no better than any normal cleanser, in my opinion. I don't think it does a good job taking off mascara, btw - which it's supposed to do easily. It doesn't.
Published 3 months ago by AnnML

5.0 out of 5 stars cleanses my face and never drys it out, September 21, 2013
This review is from: Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser, 8 Ounce (Misc.)
I have tried so many different face washes. I've used neutrogena, biore, proactive, clearasil, acne free, and clean and clear, but nothing compares to this facewash. I have very dry, acne prone skin and nothing I've used has worked as well as this one. It leaves my skin very soft and smooth and it really helps take the makeup off my face without any left over residue.

I use it everyday before I go to sleep and then I will apply tea tree oil (100% Pure Tea Tree Oil + Free Cleansing Bar with Tea Tree Oil) but only on the areas of my face where I have zits. I use to tend to get acne on my hairline so I would just use a cu-tip to apply the oil to those areas and now-a-days zits are very rare for me. Tea tree oil is really great for people with sensitive skin just like the Philosophy Purity Made face wash is. I've been hooked on both for a long time and until someone can find me something better, I'm sticking with what works.

4.0 out of 5 stars There's a trick to using it on sensitive skin, September 1, 2013
The manufacturer recommends using a "quarter-size amount", but don't listen to them! I was getting weirdly varying results with this cleanser (smooth, fresh-looking skin with one washing, clogged, dehydrated, angry-looking skin with another) until I started using a teeny, tiny pea-sized amount (if that, really). Experiment with it, water it down and try using the least amount possible, even if it feels like you're mostly rubbing water into your face. This cleanser is so highly concentrated, I promise you'll need far less than you think.

I love it to death...in extreme moderation! And for that reason, I can't use it with my Clarisonic Mia. (Boo!) Hence knocking off one star, because it's a little tricky to use if you've got uber-sensitive skin.

It's now my go-to AM cleanser, and Skinceuticals Purifying Cleansing Gel is my PM cleanser (containing glycolic acid) that I pair with the Mia for awesome results. I highly recommend both cleansers for sensitive, aging, acne-prone skin.

5.0 out of 5 stars me and everybody else, November 3, 2011
Since this product has 132 reviews now, I can't imagine that anybody is going to read mine, but here goes anyway what the hell.

This was about two years ago. Like dozens of other people, the Purity cleanser made me break out. Worse, I was using it with the Clarsonic Mia, and I started them both at the same time, so I didn't know which to quit. Some sense of self-mutilation made me power through with both of them. To this day I don't know why I did it. This is like injuries sustained in battle. It ended up being the right thing to do because now my skin looks good-to-verygood-to-great. I use Purity with the Clairsonic morning and evening. I'm very happy with it. It gets all my makeup off in thirty seconds, and my pores are smaller, and when I go for exfoliation there isn't very much to take off.

Seriously, it took a month for my skin to adapt and quit breaking out. Just so you know.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stocking stuffer!, December 25, 2013
I bought a bottle of Purity for my daughter for Christmas. It was a big hit. It's her favorite skin care product because she claims it does everything needed to keep her skin looking good. She was very happy to find it in her Christmas stocking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simplicity at its best, February 22, 2014
One of my favorite cleansers! I love trying new things, but I always seem to come back to this one. It effectively removes my makeup -- especially waterproof mascara. I still have to clean up a little with a separate eye makeup remover, but it surely beats other cleansers. I absolutely love the clean subtle scent. My face feels so clean afterwards!

The only suggestion I have is to make the bottle a little more squeeze-friendly. My mom also loves this product, but she finds it difficult to get the product out with her arthritis.

3.0 out of 5 stars An okay cleanser, January 18, 2014
AnnML (Phoenix, AZ) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE IF YOU HAVE SENSITIVE SKIN!!, January 21, 2014
I used this along with the sonic face cleanser (forgot the name but it's the electric machine to scrub your face that goes around in circles) and it was an absolute nightmare! This thing not only peeled my face right off but it gave me an irritaional acne that I've never seen before. Stay away from this crap, or at least test it carefully before putting it all over your face. Don't let it happen what happened to me... total nightmare!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly What I've Spent Years Searching For, November 17, 2013
I've tried just about every face wash on the planet and none gave me the results I wanted. This product gives my skin a very slight healthy glow and gently washes impurities away. My skin has never been so soft and has never looked as porcelain perfect as it does now. I noticed results almost immediately after using. I have very sensitive skin that gets dried out easily and is prone to breakouts if I use something my skin doesn't like. This product is exactly what I've been looking for all these years.

1.0 out of 5 stars I am seriously SO sad., March 1, 2014
This product cleared my acne, that is for sure. But I have dry skin.. and I've read about others with dry skin and acne prone and using this and it works wonderful so I thought why not give it a try. I have been using this for about a week and a half now and as I mentioned before I have dry skin. My face has become SO INTENSELY dry and I thought maybe it was the winter season? Maybe its just my skin acting up? So I bought dry skin cream. Didn't work. I bought another dry skin cream. Again, didn't work. I tried one more time but this time I bought a VERY thick one.. and guess what. It did not work. My skin is STILL dry and this is so not like my skin. So stop using it and my skin is slowly starting to gain back the moisture. This product dried the HECK out of my face and BADLY to the point of where NO cream on this earth was going to work on my skin. If you have dry skin I highly do not recommend this product because it is TERRIBLE. Clears acne? Yes. Hydrating? Not in the LEAST bit and I am so upset because I wanted to love this product so much and I can't. My skin was miserable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply The Best!, September 27, 2013
I've been using this product for years and will never use anything else. Not only does it remove all makeup (including mascara)it absolutely leaves your skin beautiful, clean and soft. I've never had a break out, dryness or itchy skin after using. I've tried other products just to make a comparison, and have always gone back to Purity. I highly recommend!

ARRAY(0xa777ff48)