5.0 out of 5 stars Vs, BE mineral powder
Published on August 1, 2010 by Tricia Hansen

Published 7 months ago by k

5.0 out of 5 stars Vs, BE mineral powder, August 1, 2010
Okay..I see people talking about this vs. Bare Essentials and a lot of us have used both. The major differences between this and B.E. is the coverage and the "shine" or as others say the "luminosity". I occasionally get breakouts in my chin (hormonal/period) and am 35 y/o so I also have fine "smile" lines. I have combination skin that gets oily in the forehead and nose..and I live in a high humidity climate in the summer. I would say regardless use a good moisturizer for your skin type..one that doesn't cause you to break out of course!! When that is set...if you are like me and have shiny problems..then I feel that philosphy's mineral foundation is much better. Also it is much better for hiding zits..and honestly it is the only thing I have found that can offer flawless concealment. The MAJOR thing to remember with this makeup (and the biggest plus) is that it is a "buildable" makeup..therefore when you use it I would tell you to use a large soft fluffy brush (kabuki or whatever)...press it into the powder and then tap it lightly to get rid of excess!!!! Because this is more of a matte makeup you want to build up the coverage only where you want it..and have a light application everywhere else..this will produce the glowing natural effect WITHOUT the shine you get all over from B.E.!! Also it allows you to tailer the coverage..you need a tiny brush too..that you can press into the powder, and apply and PRESS into the zit...and then take your large brush and lightly sweep over and over to blend. This will effectively cover any zits..you can use a foundation brush and use the same technique for dark areas you are trying to coneal or redness. and then brush over with the clean kabuki brush to blend so you don't get a cake effect. I know some people use the sponge..I prefer the brush for a natural buildable coverage and sometimes I will use makeup sponges to blend areas that I have applied too much foundation to. I think the spong that comes with the makeup PROBABLY is really good in a pinch when you are traveling, as long as you also have the kabuki brush to ensure good blend. Personally the B.E. makup did not over the highest amount of coverage and it caused my face to look very very shiny. I am dark haired but very fair olive complesion and I use the natural color. Then I sometimes use the suntan color in B.E. as a bronzer!! Like I said it is shiny/sparkly and I use that over philosphy on the bridge of my nose/cheeks so I don't look so pale in the summer and to help blend my skin in since the rest of my skin gets darker in the summer. Hope this was helpful for those not sure what product to buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Philosophy Supernatural is awesome!, January 19, 2007
This stuff is GREAT! I received it originally as a birthday gift from my Grandmother and was skeptical. I like full coverage as I have freckles and rosacea, so I did not believe a powder would cover my imperfections. Boy was I wrong! The powder is super easy to apply and it goes on like a veil. It doesn't look fake at all. It lasts ALL day and it doesn't get that weird look that liquid foundation does after a few hours. It is not drying either. I will say it is quite expensive, but it lasted me about 6 months! So I really only have to buy this 2x a year so it really is cheaper than most. I absoultely LOVE Philosophy Supernatural Airbrush Canvas and would recommend it to anyone!

1.0 out of 5 stars this item NOT as DESCRIBED! it's the NEW version, not the discontinued version pictured!, April 8, 2014
THIS ITEM IS NOT AS DESCRIBED. i purposely purchased 2 units of this product from this seller via amazon, because i had been searching far & wide for the now discontinued version of this product with the sponge applicator. the info & the photos they have on the item page, are of the discontinued version of this product with the sponge applicator. however, the items that were sent are the new version that has the messy wasteful brush that is available everywhere. i could have purchased what was sent for far less, with free shipping AND gotten club/member points & cc cash back from multiple other retailers. this is the new version & is available everywhere. i am so beyond disappointed & extremely upset that i spent so much more than necessary in my current financial situation for a product that i don't even want/can't even use.

5.0 out of 5 stars great foundation, July 4, 2011
I've tried alot of mineral/powder foundations and this is the only one that doesn't cake on my face. I am 52 but still have oily skin so I need a foundation the doesn't settle into the creases. This one is the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Always and forever - Supernatural, July 16, 2013
This review is from: Philosophy Supernatural Airbrushed Canvas Powder, SPF 15, Natural Ivory, 0.32-Ounces (Misc.)
Ladies - scoop this stuff up NOW before they run out! Philosophy stopped making this fantastic product that I have used on my skin for over 10 years. It is literally the PERFECT foundation and I have worn all brands from Chanel and Dior to MAC and Lorac. This powder is perfcect, buildable coverage that stays on ALL DAY (yes, all day) and covers redness, blemishes, huge pores, dark undereye circles, and those huge blemishes that pop up out of nowhere - all while giving you SPF and a beautiful finish - not too matte but not too dewey. You can apply with a brush if you desire, but it's so messy - use the sponge, it works great. I am 42 and have combination skin and am blonde with blue eyes, I use the beige because it looks so natural. I just bought three of these because I do not know what I will do without it!
Can we appeal to the powers that be at Philosophy and beg them to continue to make this product? Who's with me??!

5.0 out of 5 stars great makeup, but apply with a brush!, November 26, 2007
JL (Atlanta, GA) - See all my reviews
I bought this in a department store - it is the first mineral-powder foundation I have tried. The sales girl recommended applying it with a nice soft natural bristle make-up brush (philosophy's is the one I bought). It goes on perfectly with the brush - I have since tried the applicator it came with, and it was terrible. I have combination skin (be sure to moisturize first, or yes, your skin will still look dry), and my skin normally "eats" liquid foundation - I find that this lasts a lot longer. I love it - replaced my liquid foundation, concealer, and powder all with one "TSA-friendly" product - essential for frequent fliers. I also inadvertently tested the SPF 15, caught outside on a sunny day without sunscreen - my shoulders burned but my face looked the same the next day - it blocked the sun better than I would have expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely love this foundation!, September 1, 2011
This product makes my skin look amazingly flawless and does not feel like it clogs up my pores. I would recommend this foundation to anyone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Strange "mineral" sheen, November 4, 2010
My beauty regiment has been "if it takes more than 5 mins, I don't want to know about it". I have redness from rosacea so I am always on the look out for products that will "hide" the redness without a lot of coverage.

This product does the colour coverage perfectly, however, it leaves a strange sheen/shine. I have dry skin and if this can cause me to have a shine, I would hate to think what it would do to someone with oily skin. Also, on patches where I have very dry skin, this product cakes. Ick!

Will not be purchasing again.

For about the same price, I highly recommend Urban Decay's Surreal Skin.

5.0 out of 5 stars one word FLAWLESS!!!, December 11, 2010
This is the best mineral/powder foundation I've ever tried. It gives you a natural look. It blends and melts into your skin beautifully, and it really feels like you have nothing on.I can put this on in the dark and not have to worry about streaks.I really like the way it can multi-task. Using a small brush, I can dab it onto any spots that need a little extra cover. You know those blemishes that are uneaven, so you can't get liquid foundation or concealer to cover them properly? I can get those suckers covered with the supernatural.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sheer make-up, February 24, 2006
Ann (Omaha, NE) - See all my reviews
The foundation is very sheer/powder form. I like it, but it hardly provides coverage and also, you have to clean the puff yourself, you can't buy replacements. When you clean the puff, it takes awhile to dry - about a day and a half. So then you can't use it or have to put it on with your hands or a throw-away sponge. I have sensitive skin, so this works well for my skin, but because I don't want to use the same used puff daily and it takes too long to dry and it's difficult to get the powder on the sponge to put on your face, I give it a 3.