4.0 out of 5 stars Great game for the Phineas and Ferb fans
I agree with other reviewers that the game was fairly quickly played through. My 10 year old son completed it in two days. But in all fairness, even the last game he received (LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean) he completed in 3 days, so this is nothing new. Games for children in this age range are more easily completed than the games meant for teens and adults.

My...
Published on August 8, 2011 by Angela Streiff

3.0 out of 5 stars Very fun game - BUT...
Published on August 5, 2011 by eyecore

3.0 out of 5 stars Very fun game - BUT..., August 5, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
So I was told that this game is for kids 10 years and up (even says so on the box.) Turns out that's a bad suggestion. Why? Because - and this is the main reason that it's a 3-star game rather than a 5-star game - because my five and a half year old beat the entire game in 3 days. Pre-ordered from Amazon, received it on its release day (Tues, Aug 2nd)...and on Friday, August 5th, I'm sitting there watching the ending and the credits rolling, and a 5 year old with a huge smile on his face.

It's almost as if Disney Online realized that kids loved playing the free Phineas and Ferb games on their website and sent a quick email to Disney Interactive to package up the next game and pop it on a DVD instead of online. In fact, that's probably exactly what happened. The game is really, really short and combined with being really easy, I'm not convinced this is going to have a ton of replay value.

As far as the game itself goes: Disney Interactive DID do a good job with the game itself - the characters/voices/dialogs are true to the show, they actually figured out that "2 Player" means that 2 players should be able to play (unlike a previous game, "Toy Story"), the controls are easy to learn and use, and it's enough fun where you want to keep going (and with enough checkpoints/levels to not get bored in the middle.) For the game itself, it probably deserves another star...but...man it was short.

Another problem with it is that the first couple levels there is a TON of talking/dialog/"help" popups. This slows down the action if you've already figured out what's going on (which, to their benefit, isn't difficult), but without them - the game would have been even shorter.

It's not a bad game by any means - probably one of the best games Disney Interactive has thrust upon the world...it's just too short and easy. A 10 year old might beat it in a day, if allowed to sit in front of the TV long enough. Granted, the 10 year old would probably have fun playing it, but it's not going to be entertaining for weeks on end.

This was for the Wii version, and as a slight disclaimer, I personally did not try to find any "difficulty" levels or anything of that nature.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great game for the Phineas and Ferb fans, August 8, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars

My son was easily able to pick up and play the game without any learning curve. Controller commands were easy for him to figure out and he was playing the game with in minutes of unwrapping it. Clips of the show play at the beginning and through out game play, which gives kids the feeling of playing an actual cartoon episode.

Very colorful, graphics are nice and music is spot on with the show. After my son completed the game, he listened to the shows songs that played on the game over and over again.

My rating (scale of 1-10, ten being the best):
Game difficulty: Moderately Easy
Graphics: 7+
Story line: 8
Music: 10
Fun: 9+ (For a Phineas and Ferb fan. My son is a huge Lego fan and a Phineas and Ferb fan and when asked which of the Wii games he enjoyed more, he replied the Phineas and Ferb game was more fun)
Age range I would recommend is 7-10 years old.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a GREAT game! Agent-T is here!!!!!!, March 29, 2012
CF Girl (Pacific NorthWest) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
First let me say that this really is a great game. Its fun and enjoyable for everyone...even me, a seasoned hard-core gamer.

Unlike others I have a different opinion about the length of this game, I think its perfect! A whole lot of video games these days can be excruciatingly long and often times too difficult for children, they leave feeling frustrated. I also do not want my kids looped up in a game for weeks and months on end which is often the case with most games as well. This game fits so nicely into a category where you get to enjoy it as a family, the kids get a real sense of pride upon completion, and no one is playing for 100 of hours missing the REAL world.

If anyone is your family are Phineas and Ferb fans, its impossible to go wrong here. $30 bucks is certainly not too expensive at all. Unless you use your video game console as a babysitter, this game is well worth the 5 stars I have given:)

5.0 out of 5 stars Phineas and ferb the wii game rocks!, August 25, 2011
A Kid's Review
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is an eight year old boy that bought this game, and it's awesome! I loved it! It needs a little more dimensions and levels, but it's my favorite movie, and the game still rocks! You should get it.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for young ones, August 8, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I've been looking at, searching for, and renting Wii games for two years and this is the FIRST ONE that my 6 year old can actually play completely while providing just enough challenge. It also allows me to play and pull her along (the game will warp her forward to my character location) past a few really challenging spots, though I'm sure she'll play the whole game several times start-to-finish on her own eventually.

You do need the Wii remote and attached nunchuk to play, for each player, FYI.

An interesting game for young kids is truly priceless. Seriously.

3.0 out of 5 stars glad we only rented it, August 7, 2011
J.E. (Upstate NY, USA) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I rented the wii version of this game yesterday for my 8 year old, and we could easily return it tonight. She beat it in 7 hours and 7 minutes according to the wii's timer, and that seems about right. I played with her a little, but it was almost all her.

It is rated E10+, but I didn't really see anything objectionable. My rather sensitive daughter didn't really think that there was much that would scare a younger kid. She didn't remember a halloween themed area, to answer the question in previous comments. We haven't watched the movie yet (it's on the DVR) but will be within a few days, so I don't know how it compares to that.

Overall, this was a really fun game, but it felt really short. Objectives were clear and all of the violence was of the cartoon variety. If Phineas, Ferb, or the OWCA agents 'died' they just immediately popped back into play. Some of the 2d platforming was annoying, as you had to closely watch where the shadow was to know if you were going to land where you wanted to.

4.0 out of 5 stars 9 yr old Daughter loves it!, August 17, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
My daughter is a HUGE Perry the Platypus fan, so she was desperate to play this game and able to choose to play as the character. You can choose pretty much any of the main characters to play as in this game.

Like other reviewers, I do not think this game is only for age 10 and up. My daughter, age 9, is very skilled with PC and Wii games, so she did finish the game in a few days. However, she says she will play it over and over again. It seems by the end of the game it is too easy for her. Not a great game if your kids want a really challenging game.

The design is rather cute and clever, with some of the adventure created with black and white scenes and only your character in color.

Great game for Elementary age kids who know basic to middle level gaming. If your child is a huge fan of the TV Series like mine is, then it won't matter if it is not the most challenging...they will still love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Agent P Reigns Supreme, September 24, 2011
stlouisbrad "stlouisbrad" (Saint Charles, MO United States) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
All I can say is my kids (6, 8) have NEVER played ANY WII game all the way through. They played this one and finished it within a few days. By the criteria of fun, IPhineas & Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension is the best game we have ever bought for WII.

2.0 out of 5 stars It takes more time to watch the movie than to play the game!, August 7, 2011
J. Vick (Deltona, FL United States) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I am NOT happy! I bought this game for my 7 year old, thinking it would take him months to complete it. It says it's for ages 10 and up, but my 7 year old beat the entire game in less than two days!

He had a good time playing it, but I spent $40 on it and now, two days later, all the fun has been had and it's sitting on the shelf collecting dust! He's played free games on the internet that took more time to complete.

It's a fun game, but not worth the price. I appreciate the work and effort it took to make the game, but if you pay more than $5 for this thing, you're overpaying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, November 13, 2012
Very good game, with a very good degree of difficulty, logically appropriate for my child. It is a game that has good levels and that does not end as fast as other games I know. I recommend it.

Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension - Nintendo Wii