Books with Buzz Courage To Act by Ben S. Bernanke Learn more Shop Men's Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Janet Jackson All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Amazon Gift Card Offer blacklist blacklist blacklist  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Learn more

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 10, 2010 5:33:00 PM PST
Emma Bounds says:
Is this collection Roald Dahl's Phizz Whizzing Collection? Or a different collection? Which books are in it?

Posted on Apr 19, 2010 11:33:15 PM PDT
Beth says:
I'd like to know what books are in it too.

Posted on May 30, 2010 2:31:55 PM PDT
B. D. Ltd says:
Book in the set are:

Fantastic Mr Fox,
The Witches,
The Twits,
James and the Giant Peach,
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory,
The BFG,
The Magic Finger,
The Giraffe and the Pelly and me,
Esio Trot,
Boy Tales & Childhood,
Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator,
Danny the Champion of the World,
George's Marvellous Medicine
Going Solo

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2010 11:58:48 AM PST
Thank you Abdul!

Posted on Dec 13, 2011 9:30:52 AM PST
joan says:
what age are these supposed to be appropriate for?

also. when i was looking at this a passerby said there are kind of "dark". I am not familiar with the author at all. can anyone help me with this?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2013 3:57:17 PM PDT
jon w says:
If you haven't had a reply to this yet. I see it is almost 2 yrs after the fact. Teachers began reading these stories to me when I was 7 and eight. My niece at 6 wants to read these. So anything over 6.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2013 10:30:01 PM PST
aplem says:
I've read a few of them to my 5 year old and maybe even before he turned 5. Charlie and the Chocolate factory, The Great Glass Elevator, The BFG, The Fantastic Mr. Fox and George's Marvelous Medicine are the ones we read together. I don't believe they're "dark" and would recommend them as long as the child is old enough to sit still and follow the story. A few of them have been adapted into feature films also: Fantastic Mr Fox, James and the Giant Peach, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Matilda are the ones that I know of. GREAT movies also!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Mar 10, 2010
Latest post:  Dec 9, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about