5.0 out of 5 stars They actually care...
I was looking at different home phone options. My bill was getting out of control. A friend told me about Voip and I went investigating. of course hit up the big one... Vonage. I had seen it on TV and checked it out. But of course had to do my due dilligence and check out the competition. The cheapest was phone power. Sounded good to me.

The website was...
Published on October 30, 2009 by Brian E. Hanson

1.0 out of 5 stars I really regret signup with Phonepower service
Published on October 26, 2009 by M. Huynh

5.0 out of 5 stars They actually care..., October 30, 2009
This review is from: Phone Power

The website was easy to understand and when i contacted the tech support they were friendly and knowledgeable. I started on the month to month and then jumped to the 6 month plan. I was able to keep my number and they had a ton of options and features. The installation was pretty simple. They helped on the phone. Big thanks to Matt on the support team for his patience.

So far so good. sound quality is excellent. I wasn't expecting the best.. and i was pleasantly surprised. I'm glad I didn't just go with Vonage. This just seems like a more personal company. I haven't been lost in the shuffle. They actually care.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love a bargain, October 29, 2009
This review is from: Phone Power
My son told me about this product a few months ago. He lives on the east coast and it was getting expensive to talk with all of the long distance. I got the product 8 months ago. We started off on the month to month plan just to see if it would work out. We immediatley noticed the savings and jumped at the 2 year plan. We just got it out of the way and it's been great. I'm already saving money on a daily basis and I was able to keep my number. I will say that I was having a little trouble figuring out how to plug the thing in but I called them and they had someone right there to talk me through it. I have to say it was really nice to actually talk to someone rather than an automated machine... or someone that doesn't speak english.

This really turned out to be a good move... and we've saved alot of money. Plus there are some cool features and a free 2nd line. I'm just so used to the standard dial and talk that it's been neat to have the same feel of the land line but getting all of this other stuff and for less. I love finding the bargains. :)

1.0 out of 5 stars I really regret signup with Phonepower service, October 26, 2009
This review is from: Phone Power
I did many comparisons on VIOP and found Phonepower has many attractive features and excellence price. Therefore, I ordered one for myself and one for my office early this year. However, after two weeks of trying, the phone devises constantly conflict with my router (WRT54G) and causing my cable internet to slow down significantly. I have to reboot my router several times a day. Placing the phone devise after my router improves the internet speed. But the phone service was still not stable. The service went down frequently and need reboot.
I finally change my router to WRT54GL this september. My internet has been stable but the phone service still had problem. I have not been able to benefit from the service I have paid for. I want to get out of the contract but Phonepower refused even the service is terrible. I have to stuck with it for a full year no matter what.
I have had spent many time with its technicians to solve the problem. Every time is haft an hour to an hour on my cell phone or chat to solve the phone connection issue and change setting in router and in the phone devise. After nine months with frustration and many help from technician, it seems to working now. I am very grateful that the technicians are very persistent and patient to help me. However, it has been a real ordeal to have these phone services. Grandstream is just not a simple devise to use and just not worth my time. I hope other people have better luck. For me, I really regret signup with Phonepower service.

1.0 out of 5 stars Strongly suggest you look elsewhere for phone service., March 14, 2010
This review is from: Phone Power
The Phone Power service did not work for me. Multiple calls to customer service did not resolve my issue with virtually useless call quality. Phone Power blamed all technical issues on my Internet provider. Cable Internet provider came to my home and could find no issues with their service.

Phone Power has a 30 day cancellation policy which they do not clearly communicate to new customers. On the 31st day of my service, they treated me very rudely and unprofessionally when I had to cancel due to the fact they couldn't resolve my call quality issues. They levied a huge cancellation fee and absolutely refused to negotiate that fee due to my poor experience, wasted time, and the fact that I was only hours outside of their 30 day cancellation window. The Phone Power customer service rep and customer service manager "Rob" were extremely rude and unreasonable. While I was talking to Phone Power in a polite and reasonable manner, I was shocked by how aggressive and just plain mean Phone Power's "customer service" was. Phone Power is inflexible, angry, and not worthy of your business.

4.0 out of 5 stars Vonage Who??? Yeah, I said it!, June 5, 2010
This review is from: Phone Power
I have been using Vonage for three years now. I spent hours and hours researching an alternative because Vonage customer service and technical support sucks to no end. Their new devices suck worse than ever and I have been looking for an alternate carrier.

After much research and time spent online, I chose PhonePower. This decision didn't come easy. There were quite a few mixed reviews about this company. I wasn't sure I wanted to risk it -- or chance it. I'm pretty frugal and didn't want to waste money on a company that provides the best plan type by paying up-front.

I'm SOOOO glad I made this decision. I purchased PhonePower back in January (paid for one year got the 2nd year free) and while I've had a few problems here or there, the technical support staff has been very responsive and have always gotten my problem resolved.

I ported over my cell phone number and got rid of my cellphone because I use a work cell phone and was tired of carrying two phones (and paying for one I was rarely using).

I set up the service to always dial my work cell phone number and if no answer, go to voicemail. It has worked 100% of the time!! I love it!!

In addition, while overseas, I had the phone service point my number to an overseas mobile phone and it worked EVERY TIME. Every time someone from the US called me on my newly ported line in PhonePower, I received it on my mobile phone overseas like I was in the US.

One major negative that I have to say is that once there was a balance on the account (for the overseas calls), the international long distance quit working. I contacted tech support, they quickly gave me the reason why - and I was able to correct the problem by paying the 8 dollars that I owed. But, I am annoyed that the service (for international dialing only) quits working when there is an active balance on your account. I choose not to have it auto-deducted, so that may be all that anyone else needs, but to me it was annoying and frustrating. Now that I know, it's always the first thing to check.

I am overall very happy. I am now going to port my Vonage number over to PhonePower for both myself and my dad who lives with me. Two more lines going to PhonePower. I'm lovin' it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Customer Relations, February 13, 2012
This review is from: Phone Power
I recently changed providers and right before my number was ported I got billed another full month. Phone Power will not refund any portion of the unused month. A company that is willing to take a customers money while not providing the service for which they billed is not honest and not worth dealing with.

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish all VoIP was this good, October 30, 2009
JBartox (Germantown, MD) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Phone Power
I don't usually do this kind of thing, but I felt compelled to share my experience with my Phone Power service and write a review so here it goes!

First, setup was very easy. I have a cable internet connection (Comcast) and when I followed the instructions included with the device and waited (rather impatiently, I was excited to try it out) for the device to do it's initial connection and whatnot as indicated, I was pleasantly surprised when I tried to call my mom and it worked! So I told my mom I would call her back, and then connected my computer to the Phone Power box and turned it on and my internet worked and I didn't actually need to do anything but follow the setup instructions.

So now I have this new phone and I remember seeing a big list of doo-dads and other features when I signed up but had no idea how to use them so I went to the Phone Power web site to take a look again at the features they advertised for the service and with my key interests fresh in my mind I called their Technical Support to get some more detailed info. Wouldn't you know it, I had no more than went to get another cup of coffee when my call was answered by one of their support guys (I cant remember his name, something very common...and he wasn't from Timbuktu if you follow me) but anyways he was able to answer all my questions about my features, like how to have it send my voice mail messages to my email address, and not just a notification it actually included the message as an attachment! Awesome! And this free second line, they call it a "clone line" or something is really cool. It's like one phone number that you can use to make or receive two calls and they are treated like their own individual call but you can answer another call with call waiting, or let it ring on your second telephone - they can explain it much better but I found it to be rather robust of a feature for being a free one.

On that note, like I said about talking with their staff I was half expecting to have my call answered half way around the world because at the price I am paying for the service I wouldn't have expected them to be paying an American wage to a polite, knowledgeable person who by the way couldn't have been reading from a script (you know, like Dell support does) because this guy had answers as fast as I had questions. What more can I say, the set up was a snooze, the price is a steal, and when I needed help I was able to get it promptly and politely, which kind of made me say "DOH!" when I realized later that every single question I had for their Technical Support guy was actually already answered and all I had to do was go to their web site and click "support" and search their knowledge base and BAM! there was the answer, in plain English with pictures to guide you on top of it. What more could I ask for, I guess I could ask it to be free hahaha but I would feel guilty not paying for service of this quality. I would recommend Phone Power to anybody in the market for a VoIP service. Top notch all around.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stay away from phone power, July 3, 2012
Naveen Gangadharan (MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Phone Power
Took a 2 year contract, and had to pay more than 100 $ in hidden fees which they bill you later, quality sucks, customer service was on the worst, and finally I canceled instead of dealing with these blood suckers, and to be honest one of the painful experience I had ever had. stay away from phone power!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Phone Power rocks., December 9, 2009
This review is from: Phone Power
I use phone power as my VoIP service and have been incredibly happy - I'm using the 14.95 unlimited monthly plan. No complaints so far - totally recommend if you're looking to save money.

1.0 out of 5 stars not worth the money, and a scam at the end, May 22, 2013
This review is from: Phone Power
Two years and three days ago, I had done a lot of research about which voip was the best, and phonepower seemed to be it. It never worked very well, though, and I just had calls transferred from that number to my cell phone. For the last six months of my contract, I had a message on that said I would be shutting off this line, was not getting messages here, and I was sorry, but whoever called needed to hang up and call this other number. The "penalty" for discontinuing service early was the same price as keeping the service.

I scheduled when my contract would be done, and called in during the last month and told them I was discontinuing my service. I also asked the rep about selling the equipment and was told that was no problem. Yesterday, I noticed another monthly charge from phonepower. I called them up and was told that my cancellation request wasn't valid because I had not sent back in the form. What form? I was told that it was right there in the phone notes that the rep told me I had to send a written/email request because they don't take cancellations over the phone. Well, obviously, I was never told about this or I would have done it. I was also told that I would get an email telling me where to send the equipment. I thought I paid $200 for it, but realized after looking at the credit card statement that I hadn't paid for it but had only been leasing it for two years. Of course, since it was now over two years, I had to get my bank to look up and fax me the statement since it was no longer available on-line. Basically, they scammed an extra month from me. It was actually a fitting end to a horrible phone.

Phone Power