1,795 Reviews

Customer Video Review     Length:: 8:10 Mins
Published 13 months ago by JJCEO

2.0 out of 5 stars Almost ... but some fundamental flaws
Published 12 months ago by Andrew J. Cowell

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice set of Bluetooth headphones that are comfortable, have great sound and nice accessories!, January 17, 2014
This review is from: Photive BTH3 Bluetooth 4.0 Headphones with Built-in Mic and 12 Hour Battery. Includes Hard Travel Case. (Electronics)
Length:: 8:10 Mins

This is a very good set of headphones with excellent sound output in clarity and bass. They are Bluetooth headphones that use Bluetooth 4.0 for low power consumption. One full charge of the internal Lithium batteries can last you 12 hours of music play playtime. They come with a 32 inch USB charging cable that you can use with your computer's USB port or any AC USB wall charger that you own or a USB car charger. It takes about 3 hours to fully charge the headphones but they recommend that the first time you charge them for 12 hours. The battery capacity is rated at 450 mAh and it is recommended that you charge the unit with 5 VDC and 500 mA. There is a nice LED in the LH headphone that is red when the headphones are charging and it goes out when they are charged.

The head phones also come with an Auxiliary cable that is 60 inches long and it is a flat cable that is designed not to get tangled. If your battery goes dead you can even plug this cable into the headphones and into your source device and listen to your music with the headphones turned off. This is nice if you are traveling and your battery gets low.

The headphones are very comfortable and they are adjustable in size to fit your head. The ear cups are large enough to fit over my ears and they are well padded. I have a big head and the headphones were very comfortable with the padded ear cups and the padded head band. They weigh in at 7 3/8 ounces. The padded ear cups also block some outside noise from getting into your ears and they act as a passive noise filter.

In my video I go over the controls and the Bluetooth pairing process which was fast and easy. I won't go over it again here so please watch the video. The headphones also have a built in microphone that allows you to make and receive phone calls and they worked very well. Just remember to have the volume on the headphones turned down as the caller on the other end may get some echo feedback. The Bluetooth transmission distance in my testing was exceptional. I was about 55 feet away and shooting through multiple walls without any skips or lost signal.

The headphones come with a very nice hard side zip up case to carry them in as well as the accessory cables and manual. The entire set comes professionally packaged and would make a nice gift. One negative is that when I opened the box there is a medium strength odor coming from I believe the hard shell case. I believe it is the adhesive that was used to make it but I am sure that it will diminish in a short period of time and this will not be a problem for me.

I play some music in the video and I apologize as the volume out of the headphones was so strong that it doesn't sound nearly as good as it does in real life. These are excellent sounding headphones and I rated them as a five star item. They have very good treble and strong solid bass tones.

I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation and I promised to provide a fair and honest review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! So worth it!, February 7, 2014
If you're looking for a highly decent set of BT cans, you may find these pleasantly surprising. Here's my review in a few important points:

Pros:
-Very loud
-Pretty decent sound balance. Lows come off a little muddy, but highs are nice and clear. Obviously you're not getting $300 wired headphones quality here, but chances are, if you're considering bluetooth headphones, you're not a super picky audiophile.
-INCREDIBLE range. I took these guys maybe 40 feet away through 3 rooms, several sets of doors, and they didn't skip a beat.
-Battery life so far is very strong. Haven't tested long enough to know for sure.
-Included carrying case, micro-USB cable, male-male headphone jack for wired connection
-Pretty impressive build quality. Not a ton of metal, but it's all constructed out of a very nice rubbery matte black plastic. Doesn't squeeze too tight, nor too loose. Nice fit.
-On earphone controls for play/pause, skip forward/backward, volume

Cons:
-Not isolated very well. Lots of leaking sound. Not ideal if you're trying to blast some music in the office, people will likely hear you.
-In the summer months they might make your ears hot. But.. so will any other pair of over-the-ear headphones. For the winter, consider them great earmuffs.

I picked these up on a sale for 50 bucks, and I don't regret that purchase at all. Most headphones in this price range are crappy plastic chinese made, poor sound quality. Not these guys. Long term durability is still to be determined, but as of now, I'd definitely consider these. I was choosing between these and the MEElectronics Air Fi headphones, which are very highly rated. But those were more expensive and looked more poorly made. But I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Thumbs up if this helped!

5.0 out of 5 stars Besides marrying my wife, this is the best decision I ever made, November 6, 2014
Seriously, I don't think I have ever in my entire life spend $50 better. I've been using POS headset for 7+ years that had terrible sound quality, terrible build quality and really the only good quality was the voice quality. Oh yeah and it wasn't wireless.

These fit so well and over bluetooth no less I can't believe it took me this long to upgrade...

Sound quality is great... I also added an EQ to OSX and now this sound using even Spotify is just spectacular... Seriously nothing else at this price point even remotely comes close to this.

Design is great, fit so perfect , and blocks outside noise without any issues at all... These seriously compete with headsets 4 times their cost.

Did I mention the travel case is hard plastic? Oh and they last 12 hours lol... Seriously I can't find anything bad to say about these things other than I can't eat them and I am really hungry right now, damn diet..

Conclusion, if you choose some other headset I can't fathom what it's like to live with your self

5.0 out of 5 stars The Complete Package! One of the BEST Bluetooth Headphones for the money!, March 26, 2014
Length:: 9:41 Mins

This is a video review from my YouTube Channel

First to give you some context, I have tested and listened to many, many different bluetooth headphones in the $100 and under category such as: SoundBot SB240/SB270, Avantree Jogger/Hive/Audition, Bluedio Model R, AF32, Creative WP-350/WP-450, Motorola S305, Rokit Boost by Swage, GoGroove Headbands, Photive BTH3 and so on. So I have a real good idea of what you generally get sound, comfort and feature wise at different price points.

For the money, this truly is the complete package of excellent features, sound quality and comfort.

In my video review you'll see me talk about:

1. Sound Quality
2. Comfort
3. Call Quality
4. Features

If you want to hear me go into more detail about the sound quality and also hear a live sound leak test then refer to my original YouTube video as I wasn't able to keep the full length here.

These are the perfect all-purpose bluetooth pair of headphones. They look great, they're only 209 grams so you can wear then a lot and not feel like you need to take them off. You can flatten the earcups which makes them great as portable headphones.

Often times headphones are great with 2 out of the 3 categories of sound quality, comfort and features. But these are one of those rare items that is excellent with all three! Unless you're looking to spend over $100, these are one of the best bluetooth headphones you can get at or around this price point.

ENJOY the video!

PS - You should totally subscribe to my YouTube Channel youtu.be/dWXk9xKsjSs

2.0 out of 5 stars Almost ... but some fundamental flaws, February 15, 2014
I can only assume that the previous reviews, most of which appear to have been provided a unit for review, were performed without anyone else around. First, the good. Nice case, solid design, and they look very professional. They pair quickly and I was up and running with them in no time at all. In fact, everything was great until I decided to use them in bed to watch a movie. My wife nudged me in the ribs and asked why I bothered having the headphones on at all. The sound leakage is unbelievable and by far worse than any other headphones I've ever tried. Seriously, it's like having two small speakers strapped to your head. She was watching the Olympics on her iPad so we paired the second pair we'd purchased for her, and similar to the first set, I could actually hear everything the commentator was saying. It's such a shame, these are really well produced, but they're let down by this very fundamental engineering issue. Both are packed up and ready to go back to Amazon.

1.0 out of 5 stars Won't last you long..., September 18, 2014
Updating review from 4 to 1 star. Charging port came loose after 4 months of very moderate use. Can no longer charge the device.

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm going to return this for two main things .., March 18, 2014
I am returning this headphones for #1 the USP port is not installed correctly and I noticed that while I was plug in the charger to charge it. #2 when the volume is high the people around me can hear what I am listing to. The main reason I bought a headphone is that I want to enjoy it and don't want others to listen to what I am listing to. Otherwise the sound of it is great.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not expect to use it for more than 6 months, November 21, 2014
Everything was good until the microUSB plug broke after 6 months (and not more than 6 uses of this plug - the battery life being very good). It stayed alive just long enough so that I could not get reimbursed... Good product but very very poor lifespan...

1.0 out of 5 stars I really liked these head phones, August 3, 2014
Well, I really liked these head phones. They have a sound quality that you would expect from a much more expensive set. The reason for the poor rating is due a design flaw in the battery charging jack. This is the second pair I have purchased and both of the battery charging jacks came loose making it impossible to charge. On the second one I was very careful when plugging it in.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great Sound, Broke Almost immediately, April 28, 2014
The sound was nice, but the USB port disconnected and rattled around inside the headphones within a week of light use, second time charging it. Wouldn't reccommend.