5.0 out of 5 stars Great Batteries!
I have used these batteries for a couple of weeks now. I can tell no difference from the original Canon batteries other than these last longer. I use 2 batteries at a time (grip), and have snapped ~1,000 shots without the battery bar going down once.

These batteries are packaged well and shipped very fast.

It took about 2 hours to get to a full...
Published on March 14, 2012 by bkbz

3.0 out of 5 stars Great battery life, but keep a watch handy
I just bought this battery, and decided to do a side-by-side comparison between a 3 week old Canon battery, and this brand new battery.

Published 21 months ago by kronabus199a

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Batteries!, March 14, 2012
This review is from: Photive Original LP-E8 Ultra High Capacity Li-ion Battery For Canon T5i, T4i ,T3i and T2i (Canon LP-E8 Replacement) (Camera)

These batteries are packaged well and shipped very fast.

It took about 2 hours to get to a full charge out of the box. If you are looking for T2i batteries, look no further!

**UPDATE**

I have had these batteries for a few months and still feel the same way as mentioned above. I have been using the batteries without the grip (1 battery at a time) and seems to get about 20-30% more shots than the stock Canon battery. Recharge time is about 2-3 hours from dead. Spend your savings on lenses, not "Canon" branded batteries.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great battery life, but keep a watch handy, February 23, 2013

First off, both batteries were tested on a Canon T3i, at 1920x1080 24fps, with a Sandisk Ultra 16GB class 10 and a Transcend 16GB class 10 as the SD cards of choice. Also, both batteries were tested with continuous recording, 'til each battery died.

The Canon battery lasted approximately 90 minutes, while the Photive battery lasted approximately 86 minutes. So, it holds up within just a few minutes against a brand name battery, which is amazing for the price.

However, there is a catch. The battery meter does NOT show the battery life. It will go from full to dead with absolutely no indication. Not even the halfway mark. As it states in the title, keep a watch/timer handy to keep track of your battery life.

Other than the guessing game you may play with its life, it's well worth the price tag given how long it lasts. And the fact that you can shoot 2 full 16GB cards worth of video without changing batteries is big plus.

I would recommend going with the STK battery, as it lasts about a minute longer, and costs $2 less. And neither of these batteries report to the battery meter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Photive LP-E8 battery, February 21, 2012
Great buy. I purchased this product as a second battery for a Canon T2i camera. This battery does a good job. It operated my camera for over 700 photos. 100+ photos were with flash and auto focus operation. Recharging this product in the Canon charger was the same as the original Canon battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Was HIGHLY skeptical of these until I used them, July 31, 2012
Like most people in my field, I do insane amounts of research before I buy anything camera related. Lenses alone take me about a month to fully research before I drop the money to buy one. While I have bought knock off batteries for my Panasonic HVX200 (the original batteries are $160 while the knock offs are $50), and have had both positive and negative results, I was hesitant about buying knock off batteries for my Canon T3i.

I film weddings for a living, so anyone who works this profession will tell you that you need to be ready at the drop of a hat, and this means fully charged with good, long-lasting batteries. I know there are some reviews on there that discuss the technical side with numbers, I'm going to discuss what happened on my first wedding day shoot with these batteries:

Before I bought these, I was using two original Canon LP-E8s and a set of 6 "high capacity" AA batteries as back ups (which were completely useless, giving me about 20-25 minutes of power). When I first got the Photive LP-E8s in the mail, I threw them in my T3i and fully discharged them so I could recharge them fully with no memory complications. I was thinking, "hey, there were $14 for two batteries, if they last an hour, that's all ready twice as long as the 6-AA 'high capacity' batteries I had used at my last gig." I started the day with the Photives and shot all the way through preparation with the bride. I was impressed when I got to the church and the batteries were still kicking... I was flabbergasted when they finally died right as dancing started at the reception, giving me roughly 7 hours of use (turning it off an on, I have multiple cameras for different shot designs).

I ended up using the Canon batteries for about 2-3 hours. The Photives have become my Day-Starter and main batteries while my Canon's are now my back ups. I have bought two more sets just for safety. If I have a very long shoot, I want to be prepared. Thank you, Photive, you may be a knock off brand, but you saved my butt a few times!

4.0 out of 5 stars No battery level indicator for T2i, June 5, 2012
Works just as expected but the meter on the camera can't tell how much charge is left on it. So be sure to use this as a backup battery and not your main battery for an important shoot. You may think you have plenty of juice left when all of a sudden it turns red on you. Canon batteries have the level indicator chip that the camera reads, but not these. For the price though, you could buy a handful of them to have on hand for the same price as the Canon brand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well for T3i, March 14, 2012
Taylor "Shaboom's" (Liberty Lake, WA USA) - See all my reviews
Battery charged and works great on my T3i. I could not imagine paying Canon $60+ for the OEM, when this works just as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Replacement Battery, March 22, 2013
I choose this battery because of it's awesome Amazon reviews. I like what I purchased, but there are a few things that sort of bother me.

1. The battery doesn't seem to last as long as the original Canon version. It has 1700mAh vs Canon's 1120mAh. The Canon battery has been used vigorously. Shouldn't a new battery last much longer? I will have to conduct a side by side test to see the difference. So for now, this is okay. I'll update in the future.

2. The protective cap isn't the same size as the Canon's. It's actually a bit smaller, which means the Photive battery is a loose fit for the Canon's cap. The Canon battery fits too tightly into the Photive's cap (it's a pain to get out). So what right? Well, when I'm trying to find caps to protect the battery's terminals, it would be nice to be able to reach into my bag and pick out any cap to cover it with. Because of the size difference, I have to go through a bunch before I can find the right one.

If the cap dimensions were tweaked a bit, this would be a 5-star product. It's alright though, because I think the battery is worth it's price. Canon overcharges way too much for their batteries. I'm happy with my purchase.

P.S. If you are having trouble removing the caps from the batteries, you should follow these instructions:
1.With the cap placed on the battery, place the battery in your left palm so that the battery faces down and the cap faces up.
2.Use the fleshy part of your thumb (in your left hand) as a brace and press your index and ring finger on the battery's corners. There should be a gap between your fingers so your index finger (on your right hand) can come in and pry the cap open.
3.If you have nails on your hands, you should pry along the x axis, and then lift. If you don't, just pry along the y axis (straight up towards the ceiling) and it should come off. Keep a good grip with your left hand, or the battery will fall out of your hands and hit the floor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for my Canon T3i, March 15, 2012
before I brought this battery, I have a concern that it may not work for T3i because the voltage and current is not exactly same as the original battery. But it works.
Good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm happy, December 8, 2012
Although the product information doesn't specifically list it, the other reviews for this high-capacity LP-E8 replacement battery indicate that it does have the microchip needed to operate the battery level meter in the camera, so I decided to take a chance. So many of the inexpensive replacements do NOT have the microchip.
When this battery arrived, I put it straight into my T3i, and it showed a full charge. After messing around with the camera taking flash photos, shooting videos, extensive use of Live View, and erasing files, the battery meter finally began to drop after over an hour of continuous use: pretty good for not being charged. But the best news was the battery meter dropped one segment: it didn't just begin flashing with no warning. So, at least with my camera, this battery operates the battery level meter as I'd hoped.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite perfect, but good enough., July 24, 2012
The battery works, and I have no complaint about its lifespan. One minor annoyance: while it fits into the camera, the shape is just enough out of tolerance that it's loose in the charger, and can't share a battery cover with the OEM battery. (The OEM cover falls off.) Given the vast difference in price, that's something I can live with, but it seems worth noting.