5.0 out of 5 stars Feels cheap and light but works great
Published 23 months ago by Jacx

3.0 out of 5 stars Bad Assembly?
Although the description says replacement for the RM-L1AM ('L' for long), it should say RM-S1AM ('S' for short) which is the 3' version as described. (It's actually labeled properly on the remote, though incorrectly on its box.)

Mine failed me during a photo-shoot in cold weather. It behaved as though the button was always half-pressed unless I fiddled with...
Published 12 months ago by R. Chase

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Feels cheap and light but works great, July 28, 2012
This review is from: Photive PH-RML1AM Remote Shutter Release Cable for Sony A35, A55, A65, A77, A580, A900, A850, A700, A550, A500 , A350, A300, A200, A100 (Sony RM-L1AM Replacement) (Electronics)
I got this for a camera I wasn't sure if I was going to invest money in, This remote was super cheap but works perfect for my Sony A57 camera, it light weight and has a good sized cord that feels strong but flexible. Has a push button that can be pushed and released or pushed in and up to be held, I use this for night time photography on a tripod. I put a small sliver of glow in the dark tape on handle, works great so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, April 28, 2012
Bought this for my Sony A77 DSLT body. It works like a charm. I bought another one on ebay before and the connector did not even fit in the body without forcing it in. This one fits perfectly and I like the smooth feel of the button too.

5.0 out of 5 stars It does the job!, May 8, 2012
I use this with my Sony A35 and am pleased. I bought it mainly for using with the BULB setting, so I do have to hold the button down since it does not have a locking mechanism. For what I paid, it's well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Price and performance wise., February 21, 2013
What I like on this product are the quality and the price. Performs well and it doesn't feel cheap unlike other products. Packaging is also good. It attaches to the A77 very well and doesn't snugs off even while carrying the camera with this sticking into it. Cable is not too long and weighs very light, not hassle to have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, August 6, 2012
H. Li (Baltimore, MD USA) - See all my reviews
It is an inexpensive item, but very easy and reliable to use, exceeding my expectation. I highly recommend this device.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as described - Good option for wired remote, April 20, 2014
Vipul G Vaishnav (Glastonbury, CT, US) - See all my reviews
This one I had bought as an alternative for other remotes (to use it with my simple tripod) and it works fine - simple design.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quiet operation, good value., November 3, 2013
Love it. Good cord length, quiet operation. I do HDR photos with a 6 frame format and this is essential for steady shots.

1.0 out of 5 stars Quit working within a week., October 27, 2013
Buy cheap, get cheap I guess. Used a couple times and then wouldn't work anymore. Its a simple switch, it was cheap, but was made cheaply as well. Would have expected it to work at least a coupe weeks rather than a couple days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, October 6, 2013
Does the job it is supposed to go. Fits exactly into the Sony Camera (A55 & 77 for me). No complaints, and it does not cost a fortune as does the same unit but with the Sony Logo tag printed on it. The hold down for "Bulb" or long exposures works also. You can't go wrong.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product at the price point., September 1, 2013
Pro: It works. It does it's job. It's super light, which is both good and bad, but the good is that it doesn't weigh you down at all. It's reliable and has a decent reach. For the money, it really couldn't get better.

Cons: Feels cheap. Yet again that goes back to the light weight thing. But it feels cheap because it is cheap. You get what you pay for.

Overall: It's construction is exactly what you pay for, cheap thin plastic, bare minimum to put this thing together. It's possible with a little extra care it may never see a strip of duct tape or blobs of epoxy. However, so far as functionality goes, this thing is well beyond its price range. It functions exceptionally well. I'm happy with this shutter release and may even buy another for a different bag.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›